eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

im nettie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nettie456

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:46 am    Post subject: im nettie Reply with quote

i also make jewelry,mine are made with very nice faceted beads,different shapes,sizes lengths.have made over 300 pair,not counting bracelets and sets to match,hope to have my new camera soon,cant wait to get them up Very Happy Wink i love making my jewelry,hope to hear from everyone,questions are welcome,thank you.nettie
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome. Congratulations on your battle with cancer!

A few suggestions, if you don't mind? I noticed you have a few listings asking the buyer to choose from one of the items pictured and you have more than one item pictured. You need to create a separate listing for every piece of jewelry you make and here's why. First, in todays age with the newer generation of younger buyers that want everything fast and shipped right away, many are in such a hurry to buy that they only look at the photos when ordering, they won't even read the descriptions of what is actually included (shocking yes, but it happens very often) so they will see for example 3 necklaces in your photo and assume they get all 3 necklaces for the price you have listed because they didn't read to see your listing says they only get one.

Also, by creating separate listings it gives you more chances to get seen. There are millions upon millions of products for sale online so the more individual listings you have, the more chances you have to get seen. People are more likely to notice 15 individual listings as opposed to 5 listings for 3 piece lots.

Also, your products and shipping are all set at $4.50 total which includes your price plus the shipping you have set. And you are offering some listings where the buyer gets 4 bracelets for that price. At the very least, if you qualify for commercial base shipping costs and you print your postage online, after paypal fees you will make $2.10 total profit for 4 bracelets. But you seem to be older, and having been sick recently you probably don't know how to do this so I assume you will be shipping your orders from the post office? At the post office they charge retail prices because most of us online sellers don't go there to mail, only the average citizen non-seller goes there so they jack up all the rates there. If you go to the post office to mail you will be looking at $2.40 for postage plus $1.05 for package tracking = $3.45 postage. Minus paypal fees that leaves you with 58 cents profit. You will be making 58 cents TOTAL for all 4 bracelets.

You might want to consider your pricing. I see that you are using acrylic beads, not glass, even though they are plastic they are still worth about $2.25 each, so if you offer only one bracelet for $2.25 and raise your shipping price to $3.99 at the very least you can still make $2.32 per bracelet and come out ahead, and not have any of the postage costs take away from the profit you will make. Right now, you are setting yourself up to make not even 75 cents per item. Don't raise your item prices, as acrylic beads are not worth much these bracelets, anyone can make them they are so super easy to make, so no one will buy them for more than $2.25, but try offering only one bracelet for $2.25 and raise your shipping. Just trying to help so you aren't spending all this time listing and making nothing from your work. But you are selling string & go bracelets, they are not hard to make you just string some beads on a cord and tie the ends, people will only pay good money for jewelry that is complicated and requires more work.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCrater. Be sure to fill in all the information on your home page, the sections called Terms, Contact, FAQ and About. Although your products are submitted to various search engines, you still have to do some promoting in order for people to see your items. Pinterest, Facebook and twitter your items. Like, pin and share with other sellers.
Good luck with your store!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome back. Congrats on winning the cancer war as that is a tough battle.

If you don't mind a suggestion or two, you need to write in proper English grammar both in your store and here on the forum. What I am meaning is spaces after commas, capitalizing when needed, separate paragraphs for each topic, etc. This makes things MUCH easier to understand and makes you look much more professional. I am personally grateful for whoever got inspired to develop spell-check!

On you listing for your earrings, you also have photos of three different necklaces. Each listing should be for one product and one product only. All photos should be of that product and that product only, otherwise you will get buyers who will think that they will get the earrings and three necklaces.

One of the other posters already mentioned about your prices, but then I see in the earring listing that if they buy one pair they will get another pair free PLUS a free gift. At this point you are definitely NOT making any money but might actually be paying to have people take your goods. You should really rethink this. For $2.25, no one should expect an extra free pair of earrings and a free gift.

One your listing you should be describing the item you are selling, such as what it is, what it is made out of, what size it is, for pierced earrings if they are hypoallergenic, etc. That is all. No need to send buyers off to Bluejay or whatever, shipping and other information like that should be in your terms and conditions, not in the listing.

You also might want to rethink the up to 10 days before shipping. You say that you have 300 pieces already made, so this means you shouldn’t need more than a day or so to get any orders out the door. If it is a custom made piece then I understand why it might take longer. Try to think like a business person when running your store. Look at other seller’s stores and how they have them set up to get some ideas.

Have fun with your store, but at the same time, do what you have to do to make money in it.
nettie456

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject: thank you very much Reply with quote

i did not think about that,im going to have a lot of new things up soon im waiting for my new camera to arrive and i will have my newly made things up Very Happy .once again thank you.nettie
varietyConnections

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi how ya doing?
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Nettie - Welcome to eC.

Hope you are lucrative here. If you need any assistance, feel free to come to the forums.

It will take a bit of time to get your site together, but after the initial work, the rest will all fall into place. I promise.

Once again - Welcome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: