eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Bulk Update Of Existing Products In USA Adding Country
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand your problem, but I don't have an answer. When you learn the correct answer for how the price and shipping boxes should be completed, please post back here. The boxes for flat rate shipping to other countries is a new feature and it would help a lot of sellers to know how to complete the boxes. In other words, should all boxes be completed in dollars. Would the setting you select in the admin>Options>"Do not auto convert prices in other currencies" affect how you complete the boxes?

I use a different shipping system in each of my 4 stores, but none use flat rate. Also, I do not have active stores in the UK or AU, but I do ship to many international locations depending on the store.

Are you sure you really want a store on the UK marketplace? You could still ship to the UK from your US store and it might be easier.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learning from trial and error with the way things are set up here.

This is what we believe can be confirmed.

1. If you sell to UK or AU the product pricing is in the UK or AU dollar amounts.

2. The shipping rates of the UK and AU fields are in US dollars.

3. The ecrater store for UK US and AU are all physical separate sites. Once you place your UK and/or AU pricing into your US based store, there is a processing time. Your products, pricing and ship rates have to be transfered over to the UK and/or AU sites.

4. If you want specific rates for product price and shipping rates for UK and/or AU, you have to physically go into each product and manually enter the pricing in UK and/or currancy, and place the shipping rates in US currency.

5. If you have products that you dont want to ship to an international destination, there is no way of excluding them from being for sale on UK or AU, so you have to set the pricing to something like $999.99, something that would deter the buyer from even thinking about purchasing that item.
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. The problem with using the US side of the store, is the fact that the Google Shopping for the UK is google.co.uk, not google.com. So all the products that are advertised for the UK are www.google.co.uk. That is were 90% of the traffic from England goes to. And www.google.au for Australia.

So people in the AU and UK go to their respective domain extension formats. The US was just lucky to get .com's because we're the ones that regulated sites and thats were the internet started.

We think we've figured it out...just waiting for the UK site to update with the pricing we had placed on the US (.com) side of the store. Will post the findings for anyone that is interested when they become available.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

universalcomputers wrote:
S. The problem with using the US side of the store, is the fact that the Google Shopping for the UK is google.co.uk, not google.com. So all the products that are advertised for the UK are www.google.co.uk. That is were 90% of the traffic from England goes to. And www.google.au for Australia.

There are a couple of subtleties you're missing. The other store fronts are tied to the native organic Google search of those countries. If you have a UK store, you then get some exposure on the UK Google. The downside of all this is when a buyer in the UK finds your US store page, and buys there. Same with a US buyer and the UK store page, where you could end up with currency conversions you did not intend to have happen.

Are you sure you want to sell/ship international ? Answer that question before delving any more deeply into the mechanics here.
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a rarity. but as we said before the domain extensions for the UK market is co.uk. UK people dont do .com they do co.uk. If they cant find something on co.uk then they go to the .com sites. .com's are for US markets only.

So every single website that is england based as a .co.uk extension.

As we said above you have 2 physical stores if you sell in the UK

you have abc.ecrater.com and abc.ecrater.co.uk

They are 2 different stores that has nothing to do with the other. Whatever changes you make on the .com site eCrater has to update it on the co.uk. Site. Case in point, there are 40% lesser items on the .co.uk site than our .com site. A few days later that co.uk number increased.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2. The shipping rates of the UK and AU fields are in US dollars.

Actually the amount should be how much you want to collect in UK and AU dollars and pounds. A 2.25 in the UK box means you want to collect 2.25 GBP and you know that because you have already calculated the exchange rate r to see what 2.25GBP is worth in US dollars.

All UK and AU rates can be changed as needed via the Global editor. It doesn't take long at all.

So much stuff that you are worrying about isn't important as long as your listings are correct, your US prices are correct, and you get a handle on your shipping and handling.

As to that nonsense about charging $999.99 for international shipping which you keep mentioning, that is total nonsense. As I told you before:

Quote:
I just looked through your different categories and currently I didn't see anything over the price of $60 and for the most part the majority of your items are under $20 and are small lightweight items so the thing you said about having to charge $999.99 for international shipping is a HUGE exaggeration! Most of your items could actually be packaged very safely in a Priority Flat rate small box which would be somewhere in the $20 range or a plain package safely packaged would be less than a pound and if under 13 oz could go via First Class mail

You don't have nearly the probnlems that you keep talking about. I do know what I am talking about as I have sold a lot to the UK and AU via my two ecrater stores and never had the prices or the shipping amount come up wrong.
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moon. Nevermind you dont understand what we are saying. Just leave it at that. We know how everything is set up now. We figured it all out on our own.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: