eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Share your Pinterest Page
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently I have been getting several new followers a day. This at a time I have been very negligent in pinning. Is anyone else noticing an uptick in followers? I've been following them back and don't know if that is the reason they keep coming or not.

Also I stopped being able to add captions or remove someone else's captions from my pins. I had gotten an email saying I had to sign up and be accepted to write the captions. Can't remember what they call it but the way they described the process, it wasn't for the tech-handicapped so I haven't had the stamina to take it on.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggie, I haven't noticed a problem with adding to the captions at the point I'm repinning something. Sometimes Pinterest makes a change that is so subtle it is hard to notice at first, then others are big ones.

I haven't seen any unusual following activity lately. Have you looked to see if one of your pins has gotten a lot of repins? Sometimes that happening can trigger more followers. Following other pinners yourself can help bring in followers as well. My first couple months everyone that followed me if I had any interest at all in any of their boards I would follow them. At a certain point it became overwhelming and I can't do it any more. One of my pins Pinterest promoted in their blurbs that they send people and I ended up with 1000 new followers in one week alone! That is the sort of thing that you love to see as it really helps your momentum in gaining followers that can help spread the owrd about your site (and items for sale)
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I repin something I don't have the option of adding a caption. I click on pin and there is a quick message that I have pinned something and then it is gone. I haven't tried going to my board and trying to edit in a caption.

The people who are following all my boards have not repinned any of my items. I've just been following them back unless they have offensive content. It is faster than looking for something to pin. that really takes up my time.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that is odd Maggie. I've had to write to the Pinterest team a couple of times and they were nice to work with, if you wanted to ask them.
TrendyTreasuresByRamona

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:59 pm    Post subject: my pinterest link Reply with quote

Here's my link. I also have a board that is open to all who would like to post ecrater items not their own. Let me know if you want to be added to that board. We try to post about 10 items per day, 90% or greater feedback rating, and like I said not your own items. Pay it forward.
https://www.pinterest.com/bookooguru/
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there are any new or veteran sellers that I am not following yet, feel free to send me a private message and invite me to follow your boards so we can pin each other's ecrater items, and hopefully spread the word about ecrater.

Last edited by tigercreekgifts on Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
CYNDYSHANDMADEORIGINALS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject: My Pinterest Site for ecrater Reply with quote

Any ecrater seller can pin there items on my board
My Pinterest site is http://pinterest.com/cyndysoriginalsecraterstore
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check you Pinterest link. It isn't working.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this is a widespread thing, but we were recently approved for the Pinterest Promoted Pins program for businesses on a CPC basis. What is the general standard CPC recommended? I have no clue. Tried with Facebook a while back and it went nowhere. Not sure I want to go back to the well with Pinterest but nothing ventured nothing gained right? Anyway it's something to take my mind off packing for moving for a few minutes. If anyone has some thoughts what to choose, how wide a margin would be recommended, etc. please do chime in.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too recently have been contacted for the pinterest cpc. I think they are offering it to many.

They don't have me convinced as they did not include much detail in their advertisement, so I am not gonna jump. Good Luck if you go for it. Let us know how it works out.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was given the opportunity a few months ago, but I too have been ignoring it. Not enough info nor do I want to spend money for that sort of ad. So far I haven't seen any indication of those ads yet in my travels.

CPC always make me a bit nervous since most of my inventory isn't really high dollar that can take a profit hit of potentially several dollars before something sells. I even tried google adwords back in better days and never got a single sale that I could confirm came from those clicks and I believe I spent $100+ plus the 'free' clicks of about $100 as well.

So for now I'm a no go but would always be interested in other's take on it.
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="MoonwishesStore"] So far I haven't seen any indication of those ads yet in my travels. quote]

the promoted pin ads..I am so sick of those ads they are supposed to be only showing ones related to your interests and NONE of the ones I see are. So I spend much time X'ing them out
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peg, what do they look like? Do they flat out tell you it is a promoted ad? If they are that annoying I certainly don't want that happening to potential customers.
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moon...yes they say promoted pin you can HIDE THIS PIN by clicking the X then you won't receive any from the same place again only problem is there are many more from others..some of the pins are the same size as regular pins and some are larger..I wouldn't mind these pins if they were related to my boards but like I said NONE of them are..
you will see these pins if you go to your actively feed
pickychicky

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my Pinterest page:

https://www.pinterest.com/purpleiris28/

I'm currently working to get a bunch of new listings pinned and was bugged about promoting my pins when I first got there. I just told it "No Thanks!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13

Jump to: