eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Drive more traffic to your eCRATER store
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neelimark

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a mistake ... sorry ...

Last edited by neelimark on Thu May 14, 2015 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting in the wrong are of the forum.
43rdStreetComicsCards

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is an old thread but wanted to ask I tried signing up for GC but I stopped when I saw I had to pay a $25 registration fee?
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe GC can only be used for items that are downloaded now. It stopped being an option long ago.
43rdStreetComicsCards

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thank you just trying to find ways to get my store noticed new to having to do all the ad work im used to ebay so was lazy in that department lol
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah GC is only for downloadable goods now. Ecrater has no way to tell the difference between a downloadable good and a tangible item during checkout so when GC converted to digital goods only, ecrater got rid of it. I guess it was just easier to do away with it than to add a bunch of extra stuff to the system in order to tell who was selling digital goods and was still eligible for GC. So it wouldn't do you any good here anyway. Only place I have seen GC since they switched to digital goods only, is in the google play store.
indigomoontradingco

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very new to eCrater and am wondering how important Google Checkout is? I see that they charge $25.00 up front. Just trying to keep fees downs as much as I can.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GC is pretty much gone now. Your options here are PayPal and Stripe.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding to Sammies comment, PP and Stripe are your ONLY electronic options now here at eCRATER. CG is long gone for us. You can't ask for payment in any electronic form other than those two ways although you can do the MO or personal check route if you want.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why people are still posting here asking how to sign up for google checkout? If they would look up, they would see that at least 3 of us who have already responded to the previous questions said that ecrater no longer has GC and that GC can only be used for digital downloads like MP3 and ebooks and since ecrater doesn't have a system for automatic digital downloads then GC would obviously not be a good idea. As little as people read, I can guarantee if ecrater had left GC for those who offer digital goods, the other sellers would have skipped over the notices and would have been still trying to offer it for tangible goods and wondering why google kept refusing their transactions. Laughing
Shaelily

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the new sellers here, the Google Checkout topic is quite confusing. Under eCRATER's admin post "Drive More Traffic to Your eCRATER Store" the very first point is
"1) Make sure you accept Google Checkout.
If you still don't have Google Checkout account you can learn more or sign up now."
Several other forums/posts also refer to Google Checkout (like Store Set Up- please read before asking questions). It is fair to assume that it is still used, even a preferred check out option. Only upon reading mostly through or towards the end of the sticky does one find that it is no longer available. And with literally tens of thousands of posts in the forums, new sellers just don't have the time to read all the way through every single one. Several of these stickies need to be edited and updated or just removed altogether. I myself was very confused about Google check out when I first started my store here a couple months ago and thought that I needed to offer it. It's no wonder new sellers keep asking!
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and this is yet another thing that we have repeatedly asked ecrater to fix since 2013 and you can see that nothing was changed. That's why I said the same thing on another post, that it's no wonder newbies continually ask the same questions week after week because ecrater is more than happy to respond to you if asking about a brand new feature or they will respond if someone says something that makes ecrater sound bad, but ask about something that needs to be fixed or changed and your posts are repeatedly ignored.

There are several topics about GC that need to be edited and at least a dozen of us have mentioned it and nothing has been edited, on the other topic we even mentioned some things that need to be fixed and ecrater skipped right over our posts and finally responded when someone asked them to change the width on the shipping boxes for the new mobile admin layout, then when a few of us saw them respond and said ecrater is here again let's ask some questions, they disappeared again.

I used to feel appreciated on here, like ecrater truly valued the sellers and considered our opinions important so when they suddenly stopped taking our suggestions and only replying to people who spoke of how they loved the newest addition to the site, it made me feel like just another number in a sea of other sellers. Like the way I feel when I sell on ebay or etsy. So if they have become such a large selling site that they can no longer take the time to respond to us personally then they need to start adding features like a bigger site and start promoting ecrater and work out a better deal with google so we don't have to continue to do all that extra work with attributes just to have our products show up on the last page of google shopping if we're lucky, while other marketplaces don't require all those extra google hurdles and their sellers still get optimal placement anyway.
indigomoontradingco

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaelily wrote:
For the new sellers here, the Google Checkout topic is quite confusing. Under eCRATER's admin post "Drive More Traffic to Your eCRATER Store" the very first point is
"1) Make sure you accept Google Checkout.
If you still don't have Google Checkout account you can learn more or sign up now."......
!

Thank you so much for pointing this out, Shaelily. I was trying to do everything (or as much as I possibly could) right by reading admin posts (like it tells us to). I completely understand that the admins are probably completely overworked and underpaid as this is not feeCrater. Maybe the poster that enjoys pointing out all of the newbie mistakes would like to take on an admin role to help out?

Have a wonderful day Very Happy
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indigomoontradingco wrote:
Maybe the poster that enjoys pointing out all of the newbie mistakes would like to take on an admin role to help out?

Yeah and as stated above, maybe the poster you are referring to has tried several times to ask ecrater if need some free volunteer help but has continually been ignored when asking.

You are new, you don't know how ecrater used to be compared to how they are now, so don't point me out in a post like I'm just complaining to be complaining. I have valid reasons for my post. They used to ask for our suggestions and ask us to point out when another seller was violating policy in case they missed it and they would immediately make any necessary changes, now they skip over those suggestions and only respond to posts from people saying they like the new features.

The mod that was responding to the violations to help keep the site clean and free of violations, is very busy tending to their own stores elsewhere and I was aware of that so yes, I have asked plenty of times if they could use some free help if they are overworked and under staffed and they have made it clear that they'd rather just stick to the tiny staff that they already have. So at least I tried. I don't know why anyone would turn down free help if the help is obviously needed.
normasbath

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

I don't have one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: