eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

REQUEST TO ADMIN: please remove untrue libelous feedback!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GretasThreadworks

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's easy for you to say... you're not the one who probably won't get any more orders if people read the feedback. I have worked hard to build good feedback, and someone whose order was cancelled shouldn't be able to ruin my reputation.

Please don't minimize my concerns, there's a valid issue here far beyond my little problem that should be addressed.

- Greta
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you're not the one who probably won't get any more orders if people read the feedback.

That's the point --- how many times do you walk in a store and say - can I see feedback from your previous customers. My guess is you have never done that.
On the internet most individual stores don't have feedback. See feedback on WalMart? Target? Macy's? nope.
ebay buyers are used to feedback. ebay buyers are used to buying cheap too. This is not ebay and the shoppers are not your typical ebay type shoppers.
Most will never even look at your feedback. Nor will most leave it!
GretasThreadworks

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So maybe it would be nice to (1) allow sellers to disable feedback-display, or (2) at least let sellers respond to the buyers feedback, and/or (3) just delay posting negatives to give the seller a chance to appeal it to the benevolent powers that be, before it gets posted online, to minimize un-deserved damage to a seller's reputation... that would be nice way to give the seller the benefit of the doubt, and it might save work in the main office in the long run. I would vote for all three if I had a vote. lol

If everyone thinks that feedback is so irrelevant, why provide that function at all? There must be good reasons or it wouldn't be there now.

I have been told by some of my customers that reading my feedback helped them decide to order, so I don't think it's un-important. Several of them had never used eCRATER before, nor had they even heard of Google Checkout, but they emailed me before submitting their orders, and I returned emails which explained the process, and I made the sales.

I spent most of my efforts promoting eCRATER and Google Checkout rather than promoting myself. The feedback that I already had that mentioned that the transaction was "easy with Google Checkout" (and having them look at some other seller's eCRATER sites and their feedback) helped both of these people become new Google Checkout customers and eCRATER customers. I even talked two of them through the sign-up process over the phone. I got great feedback in all of these cases, as well as personal contacts of thanks for introducing them to eCRATER afterward. At least two of my customers have since set up shops here, too.

I do care about my own feedback... and I believe that lots of potential buyers do look are consider what they see... but even if my customers aren't looking, my elderly mother might be and then I'd never hear the end of it.

- Greta
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If everyone thinks that feedback is so irrelevant, why provide that function at all? There must be good reasons or it wouldn't be there now.

because YEARS ago a bunch of ebay sellers can here and cried they wanted it.
For the record - I was not one of them!

Quote:
I have been told by some of my customers that reading my feedback helped them decide to order, so I don't think it's un-important.

Several of your 21 buyers?
Gosh I have had hunderds of buyers and I don't think any one of them ever looked.

Quote:
Several of them had never used eCRATER before, nor had they even heard of Google Checkout, but they emailed me before submitting their orders, and I returned emails which explained the process, and I made the sales.

Obviously you have a whole different world of shoppers then I do. Hunderds of GC transactions and not one person ever asked me about it.

Quote:
my elderly mother might be and then I'd never hear the end of it.

I won't even comment on that.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GretasThreadworks wrote:
That's easy for you to say... you're not the one who probably won't get any more orders if people read the feedback. I have worked hard to build good feedback, and someone whose order was cancelled shouldn't be able to ruin my reputation.

Please don't minimize my concerns, there's a valid issue here far beyond my little problem that should be addressed.

- Greta

I'm not minimizing your concerns. I see a person clinging so tightly to the negatives in your life that nothing good can squeeze in. You have to be open to the good. If you keep repeating the mantra that no one will ever buy from you again because of a trivial mistake you made, for sure no one ever will because you have built a wall of negativity around you and add another ton of bricks every time you repeat the mantra.

When I suggested you take a deep breath and count your blessings, I meant it. It will make you feel better and in those brief moments of relief you might see things differently.

Everyone of us has pi**ed off someone at some time. How you go on from there is what makes the difference between a successful seller and one who never gets off the ground.
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to agree with thelives. As we had stated so many times, buyers will leave negative feedback for one reason, to get back at sellers for any little thing. The fact that a seller cant even reply back to the feedback buyers left makes it all one sided.

Buyers will leave negative feedback if they dont even like one little thing. Sellers spend alot of time and energy to run their business and it only takes one buyer to run everything. Buyers pull a hit and run and they disappear.

Sellers are the ones that are here every single day keeping this site up and alive - not the buyers. Nowadays, not everyone leaves positive feedback, its just the ones that want to take shots at sellers. Its one thing if the seller didnt ship something and the buyer paid for it or the seller sold some POS without describing the item, we're talking about legitimate problems.

Buyers dont contact the seller, they seldomly do, they just leave their negative feedback and vanish into thin air. Some examples, our first negative feedback was because some buyer bought something, then she moved 3 days later. She was complaining that she didnt get the item shipped to her new address. She had the old address which was the PayPal confirmed. She insisted on having the item shipped to a non credit card billing address. Our policies were very specific, which obviously her and people like her dont bother reading.

This B left us negative feedback. She didnt have any brains to relieze "oh im moving i know my Paypal account has my old address, i dont care, i want to deliberately violate the sellers policies and have it shipped elsewhere."

We got negative feedback for a buyer's stupidity. She knew the policies, she knew she was moving and had the intelligence to buy something within days of her moving and we got nailed for it.

Got another negative feedback today over a $4 item, he didnt like the item being arriving on a saturday and had to wait until monday to pick it up. No communciation, just out of the blue negative feedback. Everything was documented, he received emails left and right and was even told the tracking was avaiable if he wanted. The buyer did nothing whatsoever, no communication no nothing. The policies clearly stated we wait until the payment clearance and the shipment time frame was also stated.

Buyers are impatient, they dont care what the seller's policies are, they dont care what policies they deliberately violate, they think they can do whatever they want, cause disruptions and problems for a seller's operations.

Everything is so buyer sided nowadays, the seller has no protection from anyone that dictates how the seller is to run their business.

There's no block feature, so a buyer can buy something, and then leave negative feedback at anytime they want. The only recourse it the possiblity of having negative feedaback removed. 1/2 the time negative feedbacks are exagreated lies initiated by the buyer and again the seller has no rebuttle in the feedback. Its like the buyer's word is final.

This is not eBay, and things shouldnt be run like Ebay. No one is interested in feedback, we're interested in making money. Feedback should be an option for the seller. Block feature would be nice, but its little too late, once the damage is done its done.

We got sick and tired of the crap buyers on Ecrater were trying to pull and just started our own independent store. 2 months and absolutely no problems. First line in the policies, state these are the policies - your legally responsible for reading them, if you dont agree with them, do us a favor go someplace else.

And thats another funny thing, these buyers think they can interject their own policies as they see fit. Its funny how buyers want everything paid for them including return shipping, the actual packing materials and the box to return the item at the sellers expense. This is what buyers are turning into.

Its because companies, credit card companies and other things tell the buyer that its perfectly ok to do and they can get away with it, leaving everyone to suffer the bs they create.

If there's a problem, thats why PayPal has a dispute forum. Buyers wont even bother to contact the seller (some do) but they want to take a shot at the seller once again, they think filing dispute and chargebacks there's nothing wrong with it. They are lazy that they just want someone else to do the work forum and some times attempt to hide behind their credit card company when they attempt to commit fraud.

To all those sellers who are going to say something otherwise, this is reality, you can live in your world of rainbows, and can say whatever you want. These are the actual events, and no we didnt do anything wrong whatsoever. Our policies are point blank upfront and this crap happens because of the buyers.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a strong suggestion to you Universal computers:

If you hate buyers so much, stop selling and grow tomatoes or be a beach bum. Without buyers etail can't exist. Some are bad. Most are good.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@universal - why are you bringing up an 8 year old thread again? We all know you hate feedback, you don't have to keep ranting about it and writing essays about it. If your new website with no feedback is doing so well, why not go there and leave the land of feedback behind?

A few weeks ago, you said you were leaving. Why are you back? Realized that ecrater with feedback is better than a website without it?I realize that anyone can sell here as long as they follow the rules, but you seem so mad and angry constantly I agree with maggie, perhaps you should try growing tomatoes. I hear that gardening is relaxing and calming and that sounds like something you need in your life.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@universal - why are you bringing up an 8 year old thread again?

ISO is doing the same thing he did in Blu Jay.

ISO/universal accept the fact. Here in eCrater if you can proof the buyer is wrong about the feedback comment. eCrater will erase the feedback.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: