eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Can we use dropshipping companies?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taylorfamilygifts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject: Can we use dropshipping companies? Reply with quote

I ran across a post about dropshipping and it confused me. Are we allowed to use products on our sites that will be dropshipped to the customer?[/u]
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some drop shipping type programs that are not allowed. If you choose to try one. I would contact staff and make sure what is allowed.
taylorfamilygifts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thank u
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to check these two topics. If the company in question isn't on the list, then I would also suggest contacting eCRATER.

Posted: 28 Jun 2013 11:52 by ecrater-moon
News & System Status > Items from Drop Shipping Networks
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=33411

Posted: 30 Aug 2013 12:35 by ecrater-moon
eCRATER sellers only > I Thought All Items Had to Be In Stock?
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=33715&highlight=dropshippers
taylorfamilygifts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you I will take a look at it now.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dee, you are always so helpful. I did a quick check and just couldn't find the threads. (guess I didn't look hard enough) Shocked
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long you dont have one of those "quarcy" products, like an agway or something. That person who went to their local drug store or what have you should be fine. The buyer came across your site, saw your product and pricing, purchased the item. Its your responsibility to hand that product over to the buyer.

In either event you shouldnt be telling your buyers about your internal business operations, its none of their business, and you dont know what information you give someone, on how it would be used against you.

If your not sure contact Ecrater and say I have product X, as long as its not from that list of ds'rs it should be ok. But ask if your not sure.

There's a lot of scam drop ship sites, but Amazon does it all the time. We've bought things off eBay only to notice it came from Amazon.com.
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We took a look at the list of what ecrater-moon had, we would just stear clear away from those sites. It seems that they have other people's products that they want to make money on, not on the product, but it looks like they made the money on the membership fees. "Scams" like that never work for the people doing the work. We call it a "scam" because thats exactly what it is. You'd think if those products actually did sell, those companies would do it themselves.

We remember long ago a company called "agway" had these weekly meetings at a diner. All of the sudden you'd see 50 people walk in a diner take up the 70% of the place for 3 plus hours and nothing but make noise. Out of 50 people you'd think the bill would be in the $100s of dollars. 50 people sitting in someone elses establishment spent $62. So the immediately flash in our heads were, if they did something like that, how good is this company, then you'd look at the people walking out, and said "what".

We think they call that type of selling the "pyramid scam" where the bottom feeders wouldnt make anything, and they'd hire anyone they could find, because the bottom feeders would be doing all the work and the higher you were on the pyramid the less you did. It just seemed like you were better off buying a used car in downtown Newark NJ.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammysSupplies wrote:
Dee, you are always so helpful. I did a quick check and just couldn't find the threads. (guess I didn't look hard enough) Shocked
Thank you! My first search was empty, but I was looking for dropshipping. I remembered both topics had comments by either ecrater or ecrater-moon. Second try gave me both links.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify...they're referring to drop shipping networks like the ones listed on the thread linked to above. There are wholesale distributors and manufacturers who will drop ship items, but are NOT considered a drop shipping network. For example, my stained glass lighting and quilted products suppliers. They manufacturer their own products and sell them at wholesale to authorized merchants who do business on and offline, according to their specific needs, including providing drop shipping services.

A valid drop shipping service will NOT sell to the public, only to authorized merchants who have provided their Sales Tax Permit, and not compete with their merchants. Nor will they charge for memberships. They may charge a nominal fee per transaction to merely cover the cost of providing the service. Some don't charge an extra fee at all and some only charge if an order is below a certain amount.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: