eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

The Advertising Matrix Explained
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kathys

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow - good research

It's too bad the ad agencies allow this.

Crying or Very sad
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what it comes down to :

Bing is CPC fixed rate, meaning depending upon what you sell or submit to Bing Shopping there's a fixed click rate. So there's no way ECrater could offer a percentage of your sales for the fees. Bings CPC rates range from $.50 to $1.50. So if you sell a laptop battery, the CPC rate if fixed at $.65 to $.75 cents per click. So if your price for it is $10, ECrater would only charge you $.50 even though th click rate is $.75. They'd loose money so thats not it. Bing Shopping is not percentage factored for its pricing.

Google Shopping is kind of CPC rate that can accept rates for a wide range of products and you the seller or aggrigate account holder sets the daily budget rate. Adwords is percentage based on your budget. So the budget percentages are related to adwords. So the higher you go, the better rankings in theory you get.

Thats why Ebay's fees are so expensive because they place high CPC rate budgets for their products to get the best rankings.

Yahoo Shopping doesnt exist, they are part of Bing. in which they pass you over to Price Grabber and price grabber is fixed costs CPC rates. They range from 25 to 75 cents a click.

https://d2iz0h6pqiasve.cloudfront.net/images/pdf/PG_US_rate_card.pdf

So again, if your CPC rate is 75 cents for an item on price grabber, and you sell a $5 item in that cagtory and your set to medium, Ecrater will charge you $.40 and PriceGrabber will charge Ecrater $.75 for that click and remember thats for every single click regardless of the product sellers or not. So thats not it.

So its strong to assume that non of the listings are related to Yahoo or Bing since they are both fixed price CPC and the percentages are related to Google Adwords.

If it was any different Ecrater would be filing for bankruptcy due to the money it would own Bing and Price Grabber. Yahoo and Bing are organic search results.

Unless anyone here can prove it wrong and see their products being posted on Bing Shopping and Pricegrabber, this statement is the best explanation.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That why it is important to promote your store yourself. eCrater has never had a big promotion budget, that is up to you. However you wish to do it. This venue isn't for everyone. If you want all the bells and whistles, go elsewhere.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't understand how some other company can legally use another company name in the links but link it to a different place.

what's the point of having the internet, you click on "Sears" and get Penny's ? You click on Ford and you get GM ?

It just can't be right, or legit.
kathys

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you click on "Sears" and get Penny's ? You click on Ford and you get GM ?

Laughing

Anyways, I'll take what I can get. I do pay a tiny amount for adwords, and that's ok too.

Most of my traffic is from my blog (page rank 3) and I'm promoting two sites:

http://kathysanimalfigurines.blogspot.com/
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had plenty of orders via Bing and Yahoo since we have been able to see our traffic including marketplace sales.

I did a search for 'McCall's 4459' on Bing. Simply Sewing should be happy to know she was in the #1 spot! My pattern with the same number but a different design showed up on page two and as I sold it during my nap today, it was shown as on hold. I also saw other listings of mine in different sizes for that number. So at least the Bing organic search will show our items without CPC.
kathys

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also using bing since google is so fickle and big box happy.

Bing shows a random selection and variety of small and large stores.

However, under the google images link/tab, tons of my items come up!

A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you found it sold in search, haha, can't complain with that.
kathys

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

I just wish I could sell 2 items per week, all the time!!

Cool
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are getting confused between organic search results and CPC rates. Unless you go to Bing Shopping, your talking about rankings which has nothing to do with CPC or marketing.

The organic search has NOTHING to do with the amount you pay for being on Google Shopping, Bing Shopping or Pricegrabber (Yahoo).

www.google.com (is one for organic searches)
www.google.com/shopping (is totally different than www.google.com)

Unless you go to www.google.com/shopping, you'll see if your product are listed. Bing shopping, the only way you know that your being submitted to Bing shopping is by going to Bing.com and seeing your products displayed on the right side of the search screen. Just like Google Adwords (not shopping). Bing shopping is limited to the first 8 people that pay the pay the most.

So unless you can display the URL that has the seller on Pricebrabbger and Bing Shopping. They are organic search results and organic search results depend upon the amount of other sites that have the same search parameters as you, metatags, and other information thats relevant to the search parameters.
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're on the lowest advertisement and have to say Ecrater kicks ass in terms of making sales. Its way better than the competition and cheaper to! But there are some refinements that can be done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: