eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Need help with meta description and why use it?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thewrightbiz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject: Need help with meta description and why use it? Reply with quote

So my new shop, Theurbanstore.ecrater.com has a meta tag section and this is what I filled in:

Variety of goods books movies computer parts cameras dvds clothing accessories
Not sure those are the right words.

Went to a tutorial on meta tags and hmmm....kind of confused. It looks like you put HTML code into the meta tag box; right?
Well, I did that and when I clicked up date it stated "The Urban Store" and that's all. The Urban Store was the head.

I copied this HTML:
<head>
<meta name="description" content="This is an example of a meta description. This will often show up in search results.">
</head>
and put the title "The Urban Store" in the title section and described the store in the meta name section.

<head>The Urban Store
<meta name="description" content="Modern wear from Urban Outfitters and H&M.">
</head>
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I was under the impression that your new store the urban store was to be selling clothing and fashion accessories is it not? So why are clothing and the word accessories at the end and things like books, movies, are at the beginning? Meta tags are for what your site is about.

Do not worry so much about sentence structure, but list the types and brands of items that you have for sale. In other words:

Misses, women's, men's clothes jackets dresses jeans pants tops sunglasses scarves. Brands for sell: H&M, Urban Outfitters, Walmart (LOL, etc. You need to study up on this to see if this is what will meet your needs. I also put the name of my store right at the beginning.

Your other store should have meta tags as well.

It is with things like this that it is so nice to sell in a niche. since a niches can have lots of descriptive words but they all go together. Those that sell everything from A-Z would have a problem focusing on any one group of product and still stay within a character count.
thewrightbiz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:

I was under the impression that your new store the urban store was to be selling clothing and fashion accessories is it not? So why are clothing and the word accessories at the end and things like books, movies, are at the beginning? Meta tags are for what your site is about.

Do not worry so much about sentence structure, but list the types and brands of items that you have for sale. In other words:

Misses, women's, men's clothes jackets dresses jeans pants tops sunglasses scarves. Brands for sell: H&M, Urban Outfitters, Walmart (LOL, etc. You need to study up on this to see if this is what will meet your needs. I also put the name of my store right at the beginning.

Your other store should have meta tags as well.

It is with things like this that it is so nice to sell in a niche. since a niches can have lots of descriptive words but they all go together. Those that sell everything from A-Z would have a problem focusing on any one group of product and still stay within a character count.

That was a sample only.
I tried putting in the HTML coding and the box won't take it. I'm confused. What exactly and WHY exactly am I putting in meta tags? Are they the same as Keywords?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOTHING on ecrater can we use html. So no point trying that. You have brought up multiple threads about this and in one I suggested you do some research into them. Have you done so? If you don't understand what you are doing, then you shouldn't bother. I'm sure that there are plenty of sites on line that will give you a much fuller explanation of this without one of the more tech folks having to write out a long, long note to try to explain it.
thewrightbiz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
NOTHING on ecrater can we use html. So no point trying that. You have brought up multiple threads about this and in one I suggested you do some research into them. Have you done so? If you don't understand what you are doing, then you shouldn't bother. I'm sure that there are plenty of sites on line that will give you a much fuller explanation of this without one of the more tech folks having to write out a long, long note to try to explain it.

Yes, I watched a goog video about meta tags and they gave a HTML code. IMO that code is for webmasters who are designing web pages, but the video didn't mention that.
Anybody else care to answer?

Do I need the tags? If I don't have the tags what will/won't happen?
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wright Biz -
I think you are over thinking this.

You do not HAVE to use meta descriptions.

Yes, it is to your advantage....just think of words people would use to find your products - SYNONYMS.

As Moon said - no HTML. Thank goodness. 'Cause I do not have a clue about them.

Wright Biz, Please read your other thread. I gave you an explanation there with examples. I truly hope it helps you out a bit. You seem to be going in 50 different directions. Slow down and have a cup of coffee, tea, or alcohol. You are making me dizzy! [smirk]
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duplicate
see
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=35890
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Help
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: