eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New To eCrater And I Love It!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueByrdCollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Yourdesigners

Be careful what you are putting in you ME page on the bid E. A couple of my joolie buddies on the .com site have had their ME yanked because they have a URL to somewhere else. On lost her Powerseller status as a result. Just a friendly warning that they are doing this. I think they realize that people are going to go elsewhere and they are trying to prevent sellers from taking the customers off E.

I can see their point but if they hadn't got greedy or if they treated all countries equally, perhaps they would not have such a mass migration.

You mentioned that you will still be on E for awhile. My advice is to ensure all your correspondence to your customers include an electronic signature with your information on it, you send custom invoices (paypal offers customization if you use it) that includes all your info. When you ship include a business card or a thank you note or an introduction to your store saying something along the lines of "If you were happy with the service and product you received, please visit our estore at .... for more great deals." Or whatever suits you - this was just off the top of my head.

Cheers and good luck
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
yourdesignersedge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up, Blue Byrd.
I didn't include a link to here or my website anywhere on e but I did post at the top of my me page and all custom pages that I'm always happy to answer questions with both email addies. The one email addie is for the website so the address includes it. The website points to me here. Did leave a breadcrumb trail, that's for sure. Do you think they'll come after me for that?
Also signatured all email correspondence to include new info. Is that what you meant by electronic signature? Please forgive my ignorance of the correct terminology...I'm one of those people who calls almost everything a thingamajig, thingamabob and a hoodoo Laughing
I'm already including the new info on cards placed inside outgoing pkgs. Ticks me off that I just spent quite a bit on new Biz Cards and Thanks Cards, etc. to promote all the custom Draperies, etc. All point to me on e only. SHOOT! Confused But live and learn, I guess. Soon as I make some $$ I'll need to order new ones, won't I? LOL.

Thank you for the suggestions. Everything helps.
BlueByrdCollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be okay with that - I have people email me at another address as well and all my correspondence comes to that address from ebay etc. Hopefully they will leave you alone - it is small potatoes compared to some that I have seen.

"Also signatured all email correspondence to include new info. Is that what you meant by electronic signature?"

Yes! Please forgive me - I have a BSc in Computer Information Systems so I use alot of jargon Wink

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: