eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Today's giggle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: Today's giggle Reply with quote

Got one of those "I think I'm going to have a heart attack" emails today.

Quote:
I received McCalls pattern 76665 at the end of May. I just opened the pattern to begin making a dress and found that only the direction sheet and a few facing pieces were enclosed. Did I mistakenly not notice that the pattern was listed as incomplete? Since this one doesn’t have the pieces I need to make the dress, do you have another copy of this pattern I could have?

Not as bad as it could be but I check my patterns very well when getting them, again when scanning them and then again when listing and then when shipping so how could this happen? then I get another email:

Quote:
I think I have lost my mind…..I just found the rest of the pattern. I had folded it up with some fabric and completely forgotten it. I am so sorry to bother you.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I emailed her to let her know she wasn't alone. We all lose our minds at times! I'm having a rough day so glad I didn't have to 'fix' a problem for sure.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least she was kind enough to let you know she found it. Years ago I had a multiple item order and got an email saying one apron was missing with a description of said apron. Funny thing was that when I was putting the order together I had the dickens of a time finding that apron and had delayed shipping for a couple of days while I searched. I told her this and a week later she shame-facedly emailed that she had found it that it had gotten caught up in some tissue and wrappings.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a doozy of weird explanations. I can't decide my favorite. Probably the one where she didn't check her mailbox everyday and since the first pattern I sent her a few weeks before had been propped in front of her front door she figured that is where she would find the next one so where was it??? In her mailbox! The nicest hubby award goes to the guy that opened the mail one day, saw wife got a new pattern and helped her out by putting it in with her other ones. Three weeks later we are going nuts trying to figure out why it said delivered but she couldn't find it when she wrote and said hubby had put it away and never told her. That one reminds me of when ex filed for divorce and when the letter arrived from the court that needed my signature to prove I got it, HE signed for it!

Yes, I'm very glad that she let me know she had found it. Do you wonder if some of these "I never got my widget" people actual find it, but are too embarrassed to apologize and say that they got it and it was accidently thrown in the trash, the dog ate it, or the daughter is wearing it, etc.? I know some people just can never admit they made a mistake. So to cover up they will keep to their story that they didn't get something.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:

Yes, I'm very glad that she let me know she had found it. Do you wonder if some of these "I never got my widget" people actual find it, but are too embarrassed to apologize and say that they got it and it was accidently thrown in the trash, the dog ate it, or the daughter is wearing it, etc.? I know some people just can never admit they made a mistake. So to cover up they will keep to their story that they didn't get something.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.
elpereles

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I had in the past some buyers with their minds in other places. I had even people asking about items I never sold. Laughing
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah, I had in the past some buyers with their minds in other places. I had even people asking about items I never sold. Laughing

That is the worst! Apparently every time someone that sells patterns doesn't ship for whatever reason, I get an 'ask the seller a question' about the very pattern asking why I hadn't shipped it yet! This is the biggest reason that I do not delete orders of any kind whether paid or unpaid. The 'buyer' never can remember or find their order number but usually remembers around when they bought it and it is easy for me to check to see that I never sold them anything. Of course, if they had kept a copy of their order they would know it wasn't me that sold them something in the first place. I usually send them off to ecrater. They just figure that if I have the same pattern I must be the person they bought from at first. I can't imagine why when they buy something they don't keep a copy of their email to start with, but it seems they never do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: