eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello everyone !!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaggietheCatsMeows wrote:
Tiger somewhere they stated that they acquired all the originals either face to face or by request etc.

I did some more looking around and I saw that briefly but they also state that although they have the originals on hand, they are selling home printed copies of the originals. Is that not still some type of infringement? Similar to pirating a movie or cd but with authographed photos instead? Because their photos clearly show the originals, not the repro copies. Take a close look at the signatures in their photos, those are actual signatures made with markers and pens so those look like the originals pictured in their store as there is a distinct difference between original marker drawn signatures and reprinted copies of signatures.

If they are using the originals as a reference to show the buyer what the original looks like, then they need to also show a photo of what the reprint will look like, any color or texture differences etc. Marker on paper has a translucent look to it and when printed as a copy, the parts that were done in marker do not fully maintain that same translucency, there is a difference that can be spotted up close even when using the most detailed and expensive printers. Just pointing out things that could lead the buyer to suspension or a possible chargeback if such details are not clarified.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Years ago I went to a Kinko's to get some pictures made into a computer file to send to an old friend who hadn't seen me in years. One of them was my senior picture and they refused to make a copy of it without permission from the photographer! There are apparently rules of making (and selling) copies of other people's photography work. Even if you bought a signed original photo, you can't make multiple copies of it to sell without permission and I doubt those actor's representatives would do so.

I don't understand why anyone would want a copy of a photo with a copied signature anyhow, but then probably some people wouldn't understand why I want 2" square scraps of cotton quilting fabric when I have boxes of yards of fabric. We all collect what we collect, but in this instance the seller might want to run this past the ecrater team just to be sure he can sell those here.
fromuk2014

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigercreekgifts wrote:
#1 Yes you can add text with the global editor. You can add, remove or replace. I have done it plenty of times unless ecrater recently changed something it used to be - for remove, + for add, and I believe it was a * for replace.

I'm having the same issue as PersonalizedPrintz and I'm probably looking in the wrong area, though I feel I have looked at each section in the Admin Control Panel but have not seen the option to simply add text?

I thought I had previously found the option you mention but seem to have completely lost how you find it again, currently only seeing two Replace options.

This is what I am currently seeing:

If you could point me in the right direction that would be great.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You select either "replace text in description" or "replace text in title" depending on which one you want to add to. I know the term "replace" can be misleading, but under that option you can replace* add+ or remove- unless ecrater has changed it recently and you can no longer add text, but used to be you could. Look for the + sign when you select that option, another drop down menu will appear with those 3 symbols * + -
fromuk2014

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigercreekgifts wrote:
You select either "replace text in description" or "replace text in title" depending on which one you want to add to. I know the term "replace" can be misleading, but under that option you can replace* add+ or remove- unless ecrater has changed it recently and you can no longer add text, but used to be you could. Look for the + sign when you select that option, another drop down menu will appear with those 3 symbols * + -

This is quite confusing and will take a little time to get used to but I think I understand now, you need to select one of the given terms and select a prefix to what you want to do, add or remove.

Thank you for replying, maybe it could be made clearer by the staff in time, though I'm not sure how that would be done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: