eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Shipping
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why I get those weird buyers thinking they are getting complete outfits, but I think it is the amount of my inventory compared to some of the others that I get more sales and eyes on my stuff and so more poor readers. Currently I have 20% of the pattern listings here so I guess I would get a bigger percentage of the non-readers as well.

I try to use the words 'BRAND NAME Shipping Pattern' in both my title and the first line of my description. Even the fact that their is a range of sizes doesn't stop them. they will just email me after the fact and say they want the size 14 dress that is in red. Of course anyone that knows patterns will also recognize that I'm showing them a photo of a pattern. Some of my very oldest listings don't have as much 'sewing pattern' info and every time I tweak I add more in. I have seen this at other sites though, people giving reviews of the pattern they bought and are mad that instead of an entire baby layette with diaper bag for $5 they got and envelope with a bunch of paper in it and called the seller a scammer!!! I've looked at the listing and the listing was very clear that it was a pattern for sale. So I just think it is a lack of reading on the buyers part and a decision on their part as well to decide that this is what they are buying no matter what was advertised. They want to buy mom a new coat for Christmas, lets buy a pattern for $10 plus shipping and then get mad when they don't receive a brand new coat in the mail. That way they can complain to mom about the bad seller instead of admitting it was their fault.

The weirdest though was the lady that saw my choir gown pattern, wrote me asking for swatches and telling me she wanted 40 choir robes for about $10 each! She was apparently the one in charge of buying the new choir robes. Can you imagine being on a committee with someone like that!? Someone that can't/won't read and probably doesn't listen to others either.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moon, maybe some of those buyers are just assuming when they order you will use that pattern to make it for them? Like maybe they think it's a made to order item and you are showing them the pattern envelopes so they can choose which item they want made for them. Sort of like how some sellers make up one item and show a photo and say they have only made one as an example so all others will be made upon ordering but you choose any color you want. Maybe they think you are doing something similar and your patterns are drawings of what you can make?

I imagine there are probably many people that have never seen a sewing pattern before because they don't sew and because of that they have never needed to visit the section at the craft store that contains patterns. And some people are so impoverished and are only used to paying yard sale prices for items because it's all they can afford, so maybe they truly don't realize how much a particular garment would really cost in a store.

Okay sorry, I have brought this thread way off topic.
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha no your just speaking your mind saying whats on it. Throwing ideas around and talking shop - there's NOTHING wrong with that Tiger.

we're the leader in sometimes getting off topic, so dont worry about it. You might post some other information that someone doesnt know or wanted to ask - so off topic away!
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiousity went over to moons online store, damn that many patterns, and that suprised us - patterns to make your own underwear? DAMN!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any thing you can buy that is made out of fabric can be made by the home seamstresses. Many things can be made without a pattern, but some don't have the confidence to work with out the safety net of a pattern.

Unless someone is awesome about getting bargain fabric, a 'homemade' garment can still hit $100+! I routinely sell sewing patterns for $25-30, and I doubt most women paying that much for the pattern are going go for cheap fabric and notions. They want something exquisite that will fit them.

I cater to the higher class, higher income sewer that are willing to pay a higher cost for the convenience of being able to shop at their leisure from a well supplied store where it is easy to find what they are looking for.

Besides underwear patterns, we also sell things like tuxedo patterns, swimsuits, baby clothing, dog coats, and maternity clothing, in other words patterns of all types. Sewing and learning about sewing is a passion of mine and I run my store the way I would want to find it if I were a buyer.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: