eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

WHY NO HITS ON MY STORE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ARTTIME

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject: WHY NO HITS ON MY STORE Reply with quote

I had opened my store for some days, but there is no hits on my store. Is there some problem?

thanks for your help.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at your items. See if there are numbers by them now in your admin page using the products link.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember 5 paintings is a really small number on the internet. You have to promote your store when selling here. You need someone familiar with the English language to go over your listings, there are many misspelling. I believe the way you list the size will make it hard to find as well, Size:13.78X35.43IN . With everything squished together, buyers looking for a 13.78" x 35.43" painting won't find yours.

Are these something that you do? Or are the mass produced? They are pretty and I hope you have much success selling here.
ARTTIME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammysSupplies wrote:
Remember 5 paintings is a really small number on the internet. You have to promote your store when selling here. You need someone familiar with the English language to go over your listings, there are many misspelling. I believe the way you list the size will make it hard to find as well, Size:13.78X35.43IN . With everything squished together, buyers looking for a 13.78" x 35.43" painting won't find yours.

Are these something that you do? Or are the mass produced? They are pretty and I hope you have much success selling here.

Thanks for your reply. It is hard for me to find a english speaking friend to go over my listings, i will try my best. i will correct the size soon.

my father hold a framing shop, some artists take their work to the shop. all are hand-made. so i sell them as part time work.

Welcome you to sell my products. we can have further communication.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you really have 10 of these paintings? Several of them are marked as having 10 available. Which makes them, in my opinion, not worth the over $100+ that you are charging.

Also there is an 'About Us' section in your store where that information should go, it should not be in the description listing. There is also a 'Terms' section where information about returns, shipping, refunds, etc. should be written. The only thing that should be in the description spot is the actual description of the item for sale.

With only 6 items for sale, it will take a while most likely to get a buyer. However, you will be seeing some hits now since you asked for help, because we looked at what your store to see if we can help. Here at ecrater except for an upload to Google shopping, you have to promote your own store. There are many posts about doing that.

Good luck.
ARTTIME

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Do you really have 10 of these paintings? Several of them are marked as having 10 available. Which makes them, in my opinion, not worth the over $100+ that you are charging.

Also there is an 'About Us' section in your store where that information should go, it should not be in the description listing. There is also a 'Terms' section where information about returns, shipping, refunds, etc. should be written. The only thing that should be in the description spot is the actual description of the item for sale.

With only 6 items for sale, it will take a while most likely to get a buyer. However, you will be seeing some hits now since you asked for help, because we looked at what your store to see if we can help. Here at ecrater except for an upload to Google shopping, you have to promote your own store. There are many posts about doing that.

Good luck.

thanks for your reply. All the painting are made one by one. I order the artist the new one if i sold one. so i mark 10. The price may be a little high, but there is not too much.

I really confuse on writting and SEO. a hard way for me ... fighting!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If each are being made individually by the artist, then conceivably each will be a bit different and once one sales, have the quantity go down to zero, swap out the old picture for the new picture, and list with a quantity of one again. At least that is how I would do it. But then I don't usually sell hand made items.

Seeing listings that have a quantity of ten, when it is virtually impossible to have 10 of the item has become a pet peeve of mine (something that frustrates me). I see this most often in the antiques category. A seller will list something 200 years old and apparently one of a kind and then will list it as quantity of 10. Unless they are making fake antiques at their house or importing fake antiques, I don't believe that anyone (other than a very large antique merchant who might have managed to collect several of the item) can have 10 of some one of a kind items. Which is why it bothers me to see a seller selling handmade, individually made paintings with a quantity of ten. Hard to believe they are completely identical. But that is your business is you choose to do it that way.

Your cross stitch picture that you want $280 for, you don't even have the whole item showing in your picture (and also a quantity of 10), nor do you specify which measurement system you are using, inches or metric. I suspect that you are using metric which makes it a fairly small picture. It has a price way out of the line with other hand made items like it. You also have put it under a category of abstract painting. If it is a cross stitch picture, it is not a painting and so it is in the wrong category. If you want to make that much money on something, you have to put the effort into it. I've seen many listings for items that the sellers have priced in the several hundred dollars and it is apparent that they barely spent 5 minutes on the listings. Many here in the US earn in one week what you are charging for this picture. In other words if they work around 40 hours a week to earn that kind of money (which incidentally barely supports them, much less a family), then shouldn't someone wanting to sell something for that much be willing to put an hour, if not more, into the photos and listings?

While none of these are actual reasons for lack of hits, they are reasons for lack of sales when someone does come to the store. You need to be sure of your spelling. This is why someone invented spell check. You need to be sure the item is in the correct category. You need to have a complete photo. You are allowed up to ten photos for free here. You need to be sure that the listing is the best it can be. I can admire your bravery for trying to sell in a language that isn't your own. I know I wouldn't sell in Chinese. But if you do that, then you have to be sure that your listing will appeal to the American buyer (those that make far more than the minimum wage).
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your store is just new, your hits will come in due time.

Keep listing those paintings and try to build a big inventory, the more you list the better chances you have of getting seen.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: