eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

NEW SELLER FEEDBACK WANTED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LTC1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject: NEW SELLER FEEDBACK WANTED Reply with quote

HELLO EVERYONE! I work at a small heavy truck parts dealership in Wisconsin and decided to finally take the initiative to try and sell some old and some new inventory online. What do you all think of my site and I am open to any feedback as this is a new venture for this International dealership

thanks

Brett
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.

A couple of quick suggestions.

Your photos are too small and do not enlarge when clicked. This is why you have Google ads all over your listings.

Remove Cash on delivery as a payment option. If buyer refuses the package it will be returned to you with all costs to be absorbed by you.

I know nothing about your product line but if some or all of your items are used, refurbished or reconditioned then they should have the condition listed in the description.

Do you have a return policy or shipping turn around time that should be brought to the buyers attention? If so that should be in your terms.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one ...

http://ltc1.ecrater.com/p/23050965/5001633-bendix-rear-adapter

has no real image, and the description is woefully lacking. Take a picture of the box and/or parts. List the applications that it works on. Force yourself to write 20-50 words about it.
LTC1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject: keeper coming Reply with quote

Thank you and thank you keep it coming I am jumping head first into the land of the unknown thank you for your time.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also know nothing about your product line...so I have nothing to offer there.

I would suggest that you ditch the black background when your product is gray.

You have one spelling error that I noticed. I did not go thru all your listings. You spelled instrument without the "u". No one will be able to find it.

You can theoretically use 100 spaces for your titles. Sometimes, it does not allow you that much...so you are safe with 98 spaces. Use all of the 98 if you possibly can.

When possible use more than one pic.

Since I know nothing about your product, I cannot really comment on your descriptions; they do seem a bit short. But, of course, if your market knows what they are looking for then this suggestion is mute.

I hope I have not been too critical. I am relatively new here myself, so I do not usually offer my criticisms unless someone asks for it as you have.

I hope you do well. "Diving into it" as you have is great. Good Luck with your new venture...and...

WELCOME TO ECRATER.

PS - Be sure to fill in all and any of the google attributes that you possibly can.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, I hope you do well. The people here are a great resource.

Last edited by SammysSupplies on Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. I was in a semi-truck back in 2010 with a friend of mine, they invited me along to get out of town for a while and we got in a wreck just outside of Milwaukee, some female driver was off her meds or something and she plowed right into us on purpose in a Pilot parking lot but the front right side of the truck was so damaged we we're stuck in Wisconsin for 16 days waiting for the parts to come in to the local dealership, apparently they were hard to find locally. I ended up having to quit my job because my boss was furious that I could not get back home to come in to work. I was going to be fired over that anyway, she acted like the accident was my fault or something, but it looked better on my resume to just quit.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think showing a manufacturers logo in place of a photo of a part is what ecrater wants to see in the way of a photo. Definitely not enough description. Sometimes 'normal' folks are trying to work their way through a repair and need more information about what these parts are and what they do. My husband ran into this last winter as he was trying to fix the stair-climber that gets me up and down the stairs here. If would run into a lot of part numbers with nothing spelled out as to what they are or what they do. Do these things come in sizes, only good on a particular model, etc. Try not to write for Reader's Digest Condensed books here. Before someone wants to buy something site unseen, they want to know they are getting the write part.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the descriptions, pretend you are selling this part to your old maiden Aunt Tillie, who doesn't even know how to hold a wrench. Tell her what the part is for and how it works, and for what vehicles it will work on. Not everyone is an expert mechanic, and even some of those who are would appreciate the info.

Enlarge your photos and make them the best photos you can, very clear and good color, and with enough light to see all the details.

Write your descriptions like there were no photos, and take photos like there was no description.

In your titles, get as much pertinent info as you can, model numbers, year of issue, what vehicle it is for etc. That is basically for all the search engines, so anyone who is looking for that part can easily find it.

Good luck to you!
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakteakstore wrote:
In the descriptions, pretend you are selling this part to your old maiden Aunt Tillie, who doesn't even know how to hold a wrench. Tell her what the part is for and how it works, and for what vehicles it will work on. Not everyone is an expert mechanic, and even some of those who are would appreciate the info.

Enlarge your photos and make them the best photos you can, very clear and good color, and with enough light to see all the details.

Write your descriptions like there were no photos, and take photos like there was no description.

In your titles, get as much pertinent info as you can, model numbers, year of issue, what vehicle it is for etc. That is basically for all the search engines, so anyone who is looking for that part can easily find it.

Good luck to you!

Excellent advice.

The thing is, you really do need to WORK, after all your stuff is listed.
Make a goal of posting on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest, 3 times a day.

It's like by doing that is the modern era of handing out business cards, more or less.

You WILL get sales if you aim for that. I prefer to sit and wait, but you have more usable stock. And NEED to find the correct buyer audience.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
FORD 6.0 VT365 INJECTORS 1878285C91

Is a title of a random listing I just saw. All 36 characters if I counted them manually correctly. On ecrater you are allowed 100. They are your most valuable piece of real estate. I know from your one line description that you are calling them fuel injectors, so where is the word 'fuel' in your title. It is from your title that many search engines will send lookers to your store. If you don't have enough info (keywords) in your title then you won't get them, it is that simple. And as the last poster mentioned, you have to promote your store like crazy.

We just had a seller that left here, but he did these same kind of titles and descriptions and seemed to always be running into buyers that got upset because they didn't get what they expected. A full and detailed listing goes a very long way in preventing trouble with customers. You are selling very expensive parts and I have no clue of your profit margin, but you need to take enough time on your listings to EARN your profit for something that sells. I've seen many sellers with items priced all the way up to $1000+ that have one line descriptions as well and they also have no sales. I sell most of my products at $25 or below and send more time and attention on my photos and descriptions, and I sell plenty (not that I wouldn't like to sell more Very Happy ). I guess what I'm saying is you will only get out of your on-line store what you put into it.

I would also rethink your strategy on the $1 shipping unless you are fully aware of the cost of shipping your items. If you are only charging $1, you might as well go whole hog and go for FREE shipping and google will love you more. I suspect that a lot of these parts can get heavy and be costly to ship, but perhaps you have taken that into account in your actual prices.

Goog Luck
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:08 am    Post subject: Character count tool Reply with quote

http://www.charactercountonline.com/

I find this tool very valuable in writing my titles so I can get the most pertinent info into them.
LTC1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:49 am    Post subject: thanks for the feedback Reply with quote

Our profit margins are actually pretty small on most things with the main idea being move out old inventory and we are a ups drop off so we aren't really worried about shipping. Thanks much for the feedback
LTC1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: how to switch to free shipping? Reply with quote

I have been looking at this trying to make free shipping on here?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean how do you do free shipping here? when you are listing, at the bottom of the page it says shipping and gives you three options. One of those is Free shipping in the USA. So you click that. If you are thinking of offering Free shipping to international spots you might want to double check prices on doing that. Do you realize that when you open a store here you also get a UK and a AUS store here and they are open unless you close them. If you haven't listed shipping for them, they will also come up as free shipping.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: