eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

hi this is compuelectro i am new and need your help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
compuelectro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject: hi this is compuelectro i am new and need your help Reply with quote

hi this is compuelectro i am new seller and i need your help please let me know what do i need in my store
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eC.
Since you asked, I took a quick look at your store. You know you have to fill out your text in your store - like the about, faq's, etc. I am sure you are working on it.
I assume your customers will know what you are selling. I really do suggest that you enlarge your descriptions a bit more.
I also suggest that you try to get your titles at 98 characters/spaces or less. Use as many spaces as you can.

Once again - Welcome to eC and Good Luck.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have much time right now, but I would suggest getting acquainted with the shift key so you capitalize the first word in a sentence and the period key so you can leave that at the end of sentences. Yes you need more in your descriptions. I saw a book listing. Solving Problems in Genetics. Who is the author? Is it hardcover or softcover, number of pages, extensively highlighted or not, when published? etc. etc.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put camera in "macro" for close-ups. However back camera away about 14 inches or more.

While using a tripod to keep camera still, then use the zoom to fit the item to fill to view, use timed shot.
Don't zoom to beyond a point on the camera that makes it digital zoom, but have the item fit, I been doing about 18 inches or so.
Set the ISO to dark, so you get a high "FT" number, my cheap camera gets a 4.5 max. The pros say it should be like 15 or 30 for close-ups.

With boards you want to some spot, or just the whole picture, enough that you can read lot numbers off the chips. That will wort off scammers trying to use a board as a test board or send their old board back claiming it was fried. or stealing parts.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the others so far. By the way Chemistry is spelled with an "I" not with two "E's". You had to have been looking right at the book when taking the photo of it, and Chemistry is spelled the correct way on that book so I don't see how you could have mispelled it.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accidental double post
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully realize that everyone has the right to set their own prices, but did you do price comparisons before pricing those three books you have up for sale? The Genetics one, new copies are selling on Amazon for $26 new and 78 cents used. You are asking $40 with no info about the book. The Chemistry one is closest to reality with new prices at $40 and used at $20 for a used book you are charging $35 for. The algebra one has new prices starting at $18 and Used at $3.76 with around 100 copies available. You are asking $25. You have pretty much no hope of selling yours the way you have them listed with not enough information for a student to find them without the author's name at least. Most students by now know to check Amazon or the other big sites for discounted textbooks and that is where they will go first. Without enough keywords in your title and descriptions the search engines aren't going to show your products in meaningful ways to prospective buyers. Since I don't know if these are hard or soft cover books, I don't know what they weigh, but I note that you are giving them free shipping but not other items in your store. Hopefully you have a valid reason, since even with media mail textbook shipping for heavy books can get up there.

Another thing I saw since anything with the word 'sew' in its title perks me up. a sew lalaloopsy house. What is that? Does it somehow relate to sewing? What is a lalaloopsy in the first place and why do they need a house and a sew house at that? You need a much better pictures and explanation. This is not meant to be harsh, but to help you get in better habits for listing in the beginning than trying to play catch up later on when you realize that nothing is selling.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moon, Lalaloopsy is a type of doll. A smaller doll closer in size to a Barbie but a little bit bigger, they have larger than usual heads and funky hair colors. My neice has a ton of them. The OP was probably listing a sewing fun themed doll house. They make houses for these dolls in different themes like a candy fun house etc. so I imagine they also have a sewing and craft themed house too.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides needing to finish setting up your store bones, your descriptions are truly lacking. Think of it this way...if you are looking for a used computer part, what do you want to know about it? Surely you don't just order a part because the seller says it is a certain part number and is used.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly right with the textbook thing. I mean some of my books I am practically giving them away because luckily they aren't that common on Amazon so they aren't being sold in droves by the penny book sellers but mine are still listed cheaper than over there. Like asking $5.99 for a book that usually sells new for $16.95 and I have all that info listed for mine (title, author, publishing group, release date, cover type, number of pages, description of contents) and I can't even sell those.

I have literally been sitting on these books for the last 3-1/2 years and cannot sell them at such low prices with all that info listed so if you are selling used books for way more than what they cost brand new with one poorly lit and poorly cropped photo, and no description at all except for the title of the book, you are not going to have much luck selling them. I think I have sold one book here total and it was a brand new un-used book that normally retails for $11.95 and I got $2.49 for it.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think I have sold one book here total

When I first started here, I had a separate book store. I think in total I sold 3 books in a year and half when I closed it as it wasn't worth the effort. I had been selling books regularly on ebay and Amazon, but here, even with a good listing, they just didn't move. I think I got out of selling books just in time -- for me. I just can't physically go around seeking out the rare and wonderful that someone doesn't have already listed for a penny on Amazon.

this is something I see a lot of newbies do. They open a store, don't really seem to have much to sell so they throw up some books that have been sitting around the house, or other household stuff that has nothing to with the main things that they SAY they are selling. I try to have everything in my store go along with the theme of my store. The only thing I listed that hasn't was those typewriter correction tapes and the buyer was happy to get them. But if I started loading up my store with all sorts of odd ball stuff my usual buyers I don't think would appreciate it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: