eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Attribute-Product listing changes still not accurate
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mediafromthepast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject: Google Attribute-Product listing changes still not accurate Reply with quote

Hello.
I got advice from a few sellers a few days ago about what I needed to do about correcting my Google Product Attributes.
One seller said that I should remove the HYPHENS on my listings which I did. Within 24 hours after that was done,I got a memo from Google with this message:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6 Invalid GTIN value
examples:
KRISTEN STEWART Entertainment Weekly December 2009
Marina Abramovic V Magazine # 67 Circa Fall 2010
Ariana Grande InStyle magazine December 2014
Lady Gaga V Magazine #67 Circa Fall 2010
Blake Lively Vogue US

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-I checked on the status of my feeds on Google Shopping,and I found out that NONE of the 5 items above have been posted on GS..
From the looks of this memo,I cant tell if the re-formatted listings were approved or disapproved.. I really cant tell if I AM GOING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION OR WRONG DIRECTION..
Can ANYONE out there "DICIFER this Mess (message)
So far,I have only posted about 30 items,and,I have decided to wait about a week before making any more posts so that I can see if I will continue to use Google Shopping,at all... As I see it,I could end up a looser or a Winner,because there is always some sort of a problem.
THANXXX
Chloe
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
mediafromthepast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:09 am    Post subject: Google Products not accurate Reply with quote

Please disregard the last message..
I wont be using GOOGLE SHOPPING to sell my items..
Google Blogger,Google Sites,Google-Plus,Google-Youtube,Facebook,Adwords,and,Direct Contact,should work just as well..
At least I know that the post will get to the potential buyer the 1st time,and I dont have to wait 2-4 days to find out if the feed,did,or did not go through..

Thanx for your help Guys,N,Gals!
Chloe-out
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the Contact button, and discuss this with the eCrater team. They are the ones with the final answer.
mediafromthepast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Shopping Reply with quote

Hello Friends.
I DID see a few of my items on Google Shopping afterall..
It appears that I DIDNT type in the correct listing on GS,the correct way,so they couldnt send the listing results..
OK,thats GOOD NEWS.. I won one..
THANX for your help everyone!
Chloe out.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hyphens have nothing to do with the attributes, completely different things, which I did explain. Leaving the hyphens in there makes it impossible for your items to come up in ecrater.com marketplace search, the search in your store, and on google because none of those search engines will remove the hyphens and will count all separate words as one giant word which no one is going to search for a necklace like redcoralgemstonenecklace, they are going to enter all words separately with no hyphens.

If you are having attribute problems then it means you are doing them wrong. But even if you decide not to use google, if you don't remove the hyphens no one will be able to find your products and if you don't use google then people will only be able to find your items on ecrater but with those hyphens, they won't be able to find them on ecrater either, so if they remain unfixed you only have sales if someone is lucky enough to accidentally stumble on one of your items while manually looking thru the marketplace categories, which most people don't do as they have a specific item in mind. They'd rather search for a type of bracelet than to surf thru the entire bracelet category manually hoping to stumble on one sooner or later, so it will be really hard to get your items noticed.

Also, when people create new listings eventually the older listings move back onto page 2 then page 3 and so on, so once your items are so many pages back, since most people only view the first 2 pages in a category, if your items are on page 4 and they cannot be found in the search either, no one will ever see your items. Just telling you this because we know from experience. Others have posted similar problems, they refused to remove the hyphens and put spaces between their words but they kept coming back every few months asking why they had no sales and we continually explained the same thing to them over and over. Then they finally added spaces between words and started getting sales.

It's okay to use hyphens and dashes if you use spaces too like this:

Blue Green Necklace - Handmade OOAK / with Butterfly Charm

But if you do that like this (below) it will be read as all one word:

Blue-green-necklace-handmade-ooak/with-butterfly-charm

Spaces help all search engines tell the difference between each word, and the ecrater search is already very over sensitive and glitchy about normal titles. I even made a suggestion about the flaws of the search for ecrater.
mediafromthepast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: GS Attributes Reply with quote

Hi Tiger.
ThanXXXx for your email..
I saw 1 item that I listed that DID have a Hyphen in it.. I think it was one item that I missed when I was removing the hyphens from all of my listings a few days ago.. I did notice that ALL of my Automotive brochures,which have NO code numbers were listed,but,about HALF of the magazines WITH Codes,and No Hyphens,Were NOT listed..(lol-go figure that one-giggles) That thought about the OLD LISTINGS being placed at the End did inter my mind.. Its too bad that GS doesn't list the items by PRICE,and not Age.. Id probably do very well..
THANXXXXX again for your assistance! 50% aint bad!
Chloe-out
end
mediafromthepast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: regarding GS Attributes Reply with quote

Hi Tiger+ All else concerned..
This is gonna sound funny,but,I just realized that ALL..and I do mean ALL of my Google Shopping entries that DID NOT have a ISBN-GTIG UPC,etc,code WERE added unto Google Shopping.. Its totally Weird that NONE of the celebrity mags that I posted WITH Code numbers actually showed up on GS!!
I posted some Jane,and L A Direct celebrity mags which had no Bar Code number,so I just posted them as "Identifier-False" as one seller suggested and Guess what?? ALL of them WERE POSTED on GS! (go figure..)
Anyway,what I have,or will do next is post ALL of my items with NO NUMERIC CODES,since that seems to work.. As far as the UPC-IBCM-GTIG codes go,even that can be confusing at times because the AMOUNT of Numbers changes,from 10-as many as 14-15 numbers..(Geeezzz)
I just want to THANK the seller that told me how to use the "IDENTIFER-FALSE"
system.. Its a winner..
THANXXXX ALL!
Chloe out
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@media - please note that your changes can actually take up to a MONTH to register, not 2-3 days as you think. Many times you will see that they say certain items aren't right so you fix them and the next feed a few days later will say the same thing. NOW you shouldn't do anything. Wait about 4 weeks and see if they drop off the list.

In the meanwhile you can ask the team if you are getting your attributes correct. As much as we may not want to play the google attribute game, it is one of the ways our stuff gets seen and sold. It is important however to do a lot of your own promoting besides the google attributes.
mediafromthepast

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Google Attribute issues Reply with quote

Thanx for the advice regarding Google attributes,Moon..I didnt think that it would take up to 4 weeks to make an update.
I truly appreciate your help!
THANXXX
Chloe-out
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the knowledge about the up to 30 days was hashed out in discussions long past and I haven't seen it mentioned for a long while, so I thought I would bring it to the surface again. For awhile so many were getting those 'this isn't right' after their feeds and they kept tweaking them every couple of days, but if you think everything looks right, let it ride for a month. Seems counter-intuitive but that is how things go. Very Happy
mediafromthepast

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Google Attribute issues:Reply Reply with quote

THANXXX for the update Moon!
I'll see how things go...
I already made the changes on my previously listed celebrity magazines,and on a few newly listed ones.. (No Barcode numbers)
I'll keep in touch.
Thx
Chloe-out
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at several of your items and I didn't see any NEW magazines. If you are selling used magazines, then I don't believe you need to use GTINs. Your used copy will be different from most other used copies because each copy will have been "used" differently. You can check with the staff at eCRATER, but I really think the only attribute you must add is Identifier_exists with a value of FALSE. I have a number of magazines in my SheilaDeesSewVintage store and all have been listed for months. All of my magazines show in Google Shopping. All of my magazines are used and use the one attribute of identifier_exists with a value of FALSE.

Some have said you should add the attribute Brand with the value being the title of the magazine, however I've never done that with my magazines. Also, I checked a few of my titles from the early 1990s (using just the name of the magazine in quotes plus the month and year) and my copy was showing on one of the first 2 pages in Google Organic search.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think it depends on the situation Moon. I was working with ecrater once because my attributes for all of my handmade items and most of my jewelry making supplies which had been fine for a few years suddenly all showed as disapproved by google even though I had the identifier_exists attribute for my handmade stuff and the upc, brand, etc. for the new jewelry supplies as required. We got the problem resolved but ecrater had me contact them every week on schedule same time, and each time they already knew if the changes we made had worked or not.

Sometimes the approval status would status would show on my end too and other times it made it seem as if nothing had changed even though ecrater said on their end all was showing as fine and they had me wait another 3-4 days then they were suddenly showing as approved too. So I think the lag in the system is just choosy at times as too how long it wants to wait before showing you the new status.

There were times when I contacted the staff and asked why I had over 400 items that were showing as disapproved for the last 2 months straight but when I check those items, no red flags, no red text saying something was missing. They checked their records all the way back to when the disapproval notices started and they said we are showing nothing wrong on our end in fact we checked your history for the last FOUR months and see no disapprovals at all. I sent them a screenshot of the disapproval messages on my end and they said it was odd because nothing was disapproved at all and had not been for quite some time.

And other times, I can fix a problem and it shows as approved again on the very next feed just 3 days later. I have also even had disapproval messages and did not do a thing to correct the problem, when there really was a problem and I knew there was, but 2 weeks later they went back to being approved again anyway and I still never fixed them. So there are some definite glitches there.
mediafromthepast

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Message for Sheila Dee + Moon Reply with quote

Hi Sheila Dee..
THANXXX for your reply..
When I said that I was posting NEW magazines,I meant a NEW BATCH,of magazines,not necessarily from the Present month.. although,I do have a Current issue of Vogue magazine from Aug 2015 listed..and a Pre-Order for the Vogue September issue.. (Im not sure if we can Pre-list magazines or not??)
THANXX for your help regarding the "Identfier-False" info..
All of the NEWLY posted magazines will have that code.. Im trying to find out what kind of response that I will get from Google.. Hopefully it wont matter,even though the newly listed magazines are less that a year old,and ALL of them have barcodes..
Thanx for your follow-up post,Tiger,and Moon..
I appreciate it!
Chloe-out
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Im not sure if we can Pre-list magazines or not??)

No. You can not list anything you don't have in stock currently.

Curious if you are selling your own copies of the Vogue magazine or you are a magazine distributor. Whether it comes in the mail or from a store, they should probably be marked used unless the publisher sends you a stack of new magazines to sell each month. This is only my opinion. Kind of like once I was in a discussion about when a book is no longer 'new'. Some sellers felt like if they were careful while reading a new book they could list it as new Rolling Eyes Once it is read or looked at, it ceases being new although it can be in Like New condition at that point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: