eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Product Listings on BING
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mediafromthepast

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: Product Listings on BING Reply with quote

I just noticed that my magazines are listed on BING..
I didnt know about that until today.. Thats a GREAT thing because the items aren't posted with UPC codes... My items are not only listed on the 1st page,they are listed within the 2nd or 3rd row..
Thats cool.. Usually when I post an item on Google Blogger SEARCH,Id have to use the words "FOR SALE" at the end of the title,to get it on page 1..
This isnt the case with Microsoft's BING.. Thats great!
I hope you folk are having similar luck..
Chloe-out
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why you would have to put the 'for sale' so that Google would pick it up. On your admin page if you haven't noticed, there is a "Promote My Store' link. If you haven't clicked on that, it will give you some ways to get other places following you such as Yahoo. Usually Bing only shows items that are new unless they changed their policy. When you sell something there are about 10 ways it shows where the sale came from. Yahoo and Bing are two of them along with Google (organic) so that will show you which main search engine is sending you traffic. You may also see Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, direct, other and the marketplace 2.9% and if you have chosen another percentage.

I love seeing where my traffic/sales come from since I work hard at promoting.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Media,
since you are discovering your items on Bing though, something I should mention so there is no confusion later on. Just know that Bing only displays items marked as NEW in condition. So if you ever notice a handful of items that never show up in Bing, double check them and see if they are used items that are not showing up. Just telling you so you don't notice a bunch of your items not being shown and think there is a glitch when it's really just because they are used items that you might list.

I hardly ever check Bing at all, they have never lead any buyers to me that actually ordered but I wonder, does anyone know if they still refuse to show the exact price of your item? Do they still round up or down to the nearest whole dollar? Because I do remember seeing this and one time many years ago, I had a potential buyer contact me and ask If I had raised my prices slightly because item A was showing as $5.00 and item B was showing as $3.00 on bing but in my store item A was showing as $5.39 and item B was showing as $3.19. So they round up or down depending on how close to the 50 cent mark your prices are.
mediafromthepast

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: My Bing listings Reply with quote

Thanx for the advice Tiger.. I will make a note of it and check my listings.
THANX
Chloe-out
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't check bing or yahoo for my listings and don't even for the most part check google or ecrater. I just list my stuff, it sells and I'm happy. I've got too much to do to constantly be checking on if stuff shows up on the different search engines or in the marketplace. I checked to see how things were when I first started listing, or if I need to double check something, otherwise, nope.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger - My stuff shows up on Bing and it is all marked as used.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtMemoryLane wrote:
Tiger - My stuff shows up on Bing and it is all marked as used.

Well unless they changes their rules sometimes over the last few years, they did not used to accept used items. Not sure if that only pertained to a certain section on bing but I recall many sellers here talking about how used items were not included, maybe it was for bing shopping or something.

Like I said, I don't ever check bing, not the least bit concerned about them. Last time I checked bing was in 2012 and back then they never showed any of my items on their search engine and if they did, it was always new only, and many other sellers here created topics about this too, that only their new items were showing, so if anyone else here cares to explain what all of that was about, go for it. But I don't remember the exact location on bing where it was new only because like I said, bing doesn't bring me any traffic or sales, never has never will so if the rules have changed over the years I would not have known about it.

Maybe someone who was here back in 2012 too, could explain this? Bing isn't even a real search engine in my opinion, it's a waste of time poorly made space filler.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Usually Bing only shows items that are new unless they changed their policy.
This information was related to Bing Shopping (like Google Shopping) which no longer exists. The main Bing search site is looking for content and on a selling site they pick up both new and used items.

I have found most of my items in Bing searches and I sell very little classed as new.

Now that eCRATER is doing ads on Bing and we have the option of paying a higher amount for ads, there is a possibility that they only accept new items for ads, but I do not know answer for the paid ads.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to keep up with it all! Thanks for clarifying Sheila.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sheila. Based on what you said about the ads I seemed to recall someone else here saying the ads did affect bing search, I am almost certain I responded to that seller to ask questions, then ecrater responded to me to clarify. So I went ahead and checked and I do see a ton of my products showing up in bing now and analytics reveals that a small portion of my traffic is coming from there as well but I have not had any store bing purchases since traffic from bing and google paid sources only leads people to the marketplace to buy so I could have had a sale as a result of bing but would not know it as it would show as a marketplace sale.

Because I have also noticed that google organic sources that used to lead people to my URL directly is now also leading them to the marketplace. There are many traffic sources that used to result in me having store direct sales but these days, the links have all been changed by ecrater to lead to the marketplace instead, so I am still getting sales from those sources but now only sales that come with FVF's. Has no one else here realized this?

Checking my analytics and multiple other sources that track my traffic for me, they will show that my buyers are coming from sources which used to result in store direct sales but now they are considered marketplace sales as the links no longer lead to my store, they lead to my listing on ecrater.com. So when ecrater introduced the marketplace fees thing, they must have changed some things around so that most links would lead to the marketplace instead, resulting in sellers getting more sales that we are charged for. I mean it makes sense, they would make a lot more money this way. I am just saying that it's not a coincidence that my daily promotional efforts suddenly went from bringing me over 40% of sales store direct to none store direct at all?

Even though my advertising efforts were doubled after the marketplace fees were introduced in hopes of driving more store direct to me, still no change. I don't mean doubled as in twice as many posts on the same site, that would just annoy potential buyers, I mean I branched out to promote on like 9 different sites instead of just 2. None of this happened until the fees were introduced so I am convinced that someone has changed the way the links are routed. It doesn't make sense though, if we are agreeing to pay and for those of us agreeing to pay a higher fee, shouldn't the traffic be going to our stores so that you are paying to lead more traffic to your URL which in turn eventually gives you more store direct buyers, but instead it's the opposite, buyers are lead to the marketplace and they don't even bother to follow the links to your store once there, they just continually come back to the marketplace to buy.

I understand that it brings more traffic to ecrater as a whole but I have checked on a few sources on google that used to lead to my store in the organic results and now they are leading to my items on the marketplace instead. So this has affected my organic search results too. But no amount of advertising that I do these days seems to lead anyone to my store, I am still getting a small portion of traffic to my store URL but people are only buying from sources that result in an 8.9% charge or occasionally the 2.9%. I'm not going to let up on this until I figure out what is causing this. I am even having repeat customers and still getting charged the 2.9 or 8.9. and if they are repeat buyers why would they shop from me in the marketplace every time and not go directly to my store when I include my URL in all orders packaging and include flyers with orders with the links too?

So recently I decided to stick with pinterest only since no matter what I do I only get marketplace based sales anyway. It's just odd that normal advertising efforts used to bring in over 40% store direct sales, marketplace fees are introduced so I double my amount of promotionl efforts and instead of store direct sales increasing, they come to a complete halt. This was also around the time when facebook started limiting your traffic if you did not pay them to promote your page posts.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It doesn't make sense though, if we are agreeing to pay and for those of us agreeing to pay a higher fee, shouldn't the traffic be going to our stores so that you are paying to lead more traffic to your URL which in turn eventually gives you more store direct buyers,

I have been under the impression that all sponsored links would lead to the marketplace, NOT you store. I never expected higher store sales with the increased fees, just higher marketplace sales and all would have a fee attached. I already commented in another post about what you are asking and I'm not getting the same thing as you. Mine is still a mixture of sales coming from everywhere. I have many repeat customers and they rarely seem to come directly to my store even though I give them my url on the packing slip, the postage label, the shipping notification, and every other bit of correspondence. I have no idea why this is so, it just is.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
I have many repeat customers and they rarely seem to come directly to my store even though I give them my url on the packing slip, the postage label, the shipping notification, and every other bit of correspondence. I have no idea why this is so, it just is.

Because people don't type feel like typing the URL. Period.

They go to their search-bar and type ecrater something something patterns something something and wind up at your store (via the marketplace). This is what QR-codes were supposed to work on. But QR-codes require a little bit of tech savvy, and the realization that you can scan that funny block of black & white dots to help the store owner save a few bucks on referral fees.

Most people would rather type ecrater something something pattern something something.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but if they bookmark the URL or set their browser up to remember all URLs previously typed into the addresss bar, they only have to click on the bookmark or just type the first letter or two or the URL into their address bar and it will auto fill in the rest. If people don't want to do that, that's odd. Seems like it would take more time to go to ecrater and type in all those somethings. Laughing

Just go into your browser toolbar and set it to remember your browsing history and turn on auto fill for browsing history only. Instant time saver. When I want to go to ecrater.com, I type in "ec" into my address bar and it pulls up ecrater.com from my browsing history list and Highlights it, and I hit enter one time. Bam! Immediately taken to this site. If I want login to my store I type in "ad" then enter and it brings up ecrater admin or "comm" then enter brings up the community login page. Eb brings up ebay and so on. This setting in your toolbar should be listed under general settings, browsing settings or privacy settings depending on which browser you are using.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My shipping notification has a clickable url to my store so if they wanted to bookmark it they could. One of the reasons that I went for my own domain name instead of having to remember the whole ecrater, store name and when slashes and periods need to be.

You can also bookmark a site just when you are on a page too. Some folks just don't 'plan ahead' to shop at a site again I suspect.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've asked some people why they don't use bookmarks (favorites) and I get that blank stare like "what on earth are you talking about". They tell me they just go to Google and/or ebay and search for what they want to buy. Unless it's a book, then they go to Amazon. Rolling Eyes These are educated people who don't live on the computer. One is my sister and I have to call her if I want her to read an email.

I have noticed that Google has the choice to include a link to our item in ecrater marketplace and/or the same page in our store on eCrater. I've noticed more and more that Google is only showing the link to the marketplace unless you want to go back 50 pages. The link to the item in our store is still indexed in Google Organic, but most people are not going to search that far back. At least the ecrater marketplace is getting good placement and the fee is only 2.9 if they come from an organic google link.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: