eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

paypal standard vs paypal express

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vivacentro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: paypal standard vs paypal express Reply with quote

Hi,

I just sold one item thru paypal standard. When I checked the payment in paypal account, I cannot see the money deposited. Last time, I got the money immediately after sales thru paypal express.

Do I need to wait for a while to complete the transaction or just something wrong?

I am a newbie, so please let me know.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like someone started to buy, chose PP as a payment method but did not complete payment. Happens quite often although less frequently since PP Express.

Does this transaction show as paid in your eCRATER admin order file? If not then it wasn't paid. If it does, wait a bit then contact PP to see what happened?

DO NOT SHIP A PACKAGE TILL YOU HAVE PROOF OF PAYMENT.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@vivacentro

PayPal standard does not force the buyer to finish the payment. You did not get a sale, you got an order without payment. PayPal Express requires payment to create an order.
vivacentro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
@vivacentro

PayPal standard does not force the buyer to finish the payment. You did not get a sale, you got an order without payment. PayPal Express requires payment to create an order.

How can I make the setting for PayPal express or just by the buyer's choice?
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCrater Math 101

Formulas to remember:

1) Only an Order = Only an Order = Not to worry = Contact/Send Invoice

2) Payment = Receive Money

3) Successful/complete sale = Order + Payment
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivacentro wrote:
cosmicray wrote:
@vivacentro

How can I make the setting for PayPal express or just by the buyer's choice?
Go to Payment Options in your admin section and remove the check mark by PayPal Standard.

I took a look at your store and you have a major problem waiting to happen with your shipping. You have selected several international countries, but you have not assigned a shipping method for those countries. I took a look at your sewing pattern that you are going to ship to the UK for free. Your postage is going to cost more than you are going to receive for the pattern. You have USPS Calculated Shipping active for your whole store. If you want to use USPS Calculated Shipping for your international orders, you must add the packaged weight of each item and select the shipping options (such as First Class International Parcel).

You also have some incorrect information in your Terms of Service. You state, "items shipped from www.ecrater.com" when your items are actually "http://vivacentro.ecrater.com". I think you meant items purchased from http://vivacentro.ecrater.com. Remember, buyers do not register to purchase from the ecrater marketplace OR from stores located on ecrater.com. You have to take responsibility for items purchased from your store or your item as seen on the eCrater marketplace.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep you need to fix that 'free' postage unless you like spending money out of pocket to give gifts to people. That pattern will cost you at least $7-8+ to ship it just to Canada which you have as free shipping. Depending on how you sell it, you may have a marketplace and a PP fee as well. You essentially would be subsidizing the purchase with at least 4 of your own dollars.
tmyusuf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did not get a sale and PayPal Stander does not pay instantly
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yep you need to fix that 'free' postage unless you like spending money out of pocket to give gifts to people. That pattern will cost you at least $7-8+ to ship it just to Canada which you have as free shipping.

One week since the 1rst topic and the suggestions. No answer or update to the S&H. Be ready. Next topic will be an issue with International buyers are getting "free" S&H. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: