eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello! Latent Store...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adriennesarmoire

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject: Hello! Latent Store... Reply with quote

I opened a store here a few years ago, but The Shipping Matrix really is a big issue for me.

I'd like to get it going, but wonder:
can I skip it and just use postage prices i work out from USPS?

Any answer would be appreciated, or direct me to the proper thread and I will be equally happy.

I did read the Shipping Matrix old answers, but I really don't get it.

That's what stopped from continuing here.

Thank you all! Smile Confused
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to have a matrix as back up for when USPS calculated isn't working or is slow. Otherwise I think your buyer will not be charged shipping. I only use the matrix except in this store which is a mess.

The matrix isn't as accurate as USPS but as long as you set your weight category prices high enough to cover yourself in instances when USPS isn't working you can always refund excess shipping. You can't charge extra if the system isn't working and your matrix is too low.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shipping matrix can be confusing, I did free shipping until I figured out how to use it for me. I use it as the number of items sold. Most of my items are light and I can ship 1st class. So I made start at $3 for the first few number and then went up from there. I am sure material gets heavy fast, you can use the numbers to mean pounds. But like Maggie said, when you start to sell, something needs to be there, just in case.

So it all depends on what you sell and how you want to mail it.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The store doesn't seem to be there?!
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She asked how to change the store name in another thread. I told her and it looks like she closed this one.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammysSupplies wrote:
She asked how to change the store name in another thread. I told her and it looks like she closed this one.

Makes sense. If she has had this store for a few years and never did anything with it during that time, maybe she figured it was easier to just close this one and create a new store with the desired name for free. I mean, why pay to change your store name if your store has no products or previous sales? Either that, or maybe she decided to give up for good since she was having so much trouble understanding the shipping here.
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigercreekgifts wrote:
SammysSupplies wrote:

Makes sense. If she has had this store for a few years and never did anything with it during that time, maybe she figured it was easier to just close this one and create a new store with the desired name for free. I mean, why pay to change your store name if your store has no products or previous sales? Either that, or maybe she decided to give up for good since she was having so much trouble understanding the shipping here.

I did open another store!

I am struggling with The matrix and stocking it, while putting it on hold. It may take he weekend to get more items posted, and then continue to add after that.
Thank you for all of your help; I'm working on it... Smile
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see you back!
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Sammy. With all the help I am getting, I'd be fool to walk again.
I am determined. I guess if I make a few mistakes, I will learn much more quickly! Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: