eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hi Everybody! I just opened an ecrater store - woohoo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gemofthedesert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject: Hi Everybody! I just opened an ecrater store - woohoo Reply with quote

Here's a link to my store http://gemofthedesert.ecrater.com/

We carry vintage jewelry, purses, wallets & spiritual gifts. Modern to vintage items. Our "gem" packed gift store has art, antiques, witty items and pretty things. It is an eclectic mix of contemporary and vintage items.

I am hoping to learn how to be a successful seller and could use some tips on to add google attributes for my jewelry since I don't have any brand names or UPC numbers, sizes, colors, etc as part of the description.

So can someone please give an example of what to put for say a pair of silver Hoop Earrings what should I put in the left column and what goes in the right column?

Thanks so much! Have a lovely day! Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to eCrater. I do see a few problems. First, descriptions should only have info about the item...everything else should be on your faqs and terms. I looked at the shipping for the stainless steel hoops and it is way to high. They can ship for $2.04 if you are getting the shipping through PayPal....you have the cheapest at $6.15. That will turn a lot of buyers off. For GA, for those earrings, put Color on the left side and silver on the rigth. put material on the left and stainless silver on the right you can also use size and put the measurement on the right. The is a little box you can click on the see all that you CAN use, you do not need to use them all.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER.

To the poster above, the seller is using priority mail only so her shipping is not out of line. I do agree that charging for priority when inexpensive jewelry can ship for much less via first class mail is not a wise marketing move. If you want to use priority at least print your postage via PayPal so it saves you about $1.

Your pics are a little on the small size. I suggest where you are selling a lot of jewelry that you have a photo of the group and then additional pics for the individual pieces.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat wrote:
Welcome to eCRATER.

To the poster above, the seller is using priority mail only so her shipping is not out of line. I do agree that charging for priority when inexpensive jewelry can ship for much less via first class mail is not a wise marketing move. If you want to use priority at least print your postage via PayPal so it saves you about $1.

Even with that consideration, I checked the shipping on a broach. I was quoted various flat rates, plus a regular PM rate that works out as a 2-lb package. Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't see how a broach would weigh more than 1 pound when packed.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat wrote:
Welcome to eCRATER.

Even with that consideration, I checked the shipping on a broach. I was quoted various flat rates, plus a regular PM rate that works out as a 2-lb package. Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't see how a broach would weigh more than 1 pound when packed.

Then I'm guessing the seller hasn't filled in weights accurately.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was under the impression that USED pierced earrings can not be resold due to health and hygiene issues. Maybe that is just PA.

You really should try to work through the shipping Matrix, since selling a pair of used costume jewelry for $6 and then add on $5.95 for Priority is pretty steep in my calculations, especially since with first class they can be shipped for much cheaper. I have special rates through my postage program, but it would cost me $2.04 to ship those earrings first class or $4.95 for Priority. I realize that not everyone gets that Priority rate, but for any competition from bigger jewelry sellers, they will have those rates I would guess so that makes your sales potential much steeper.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! You have some cute things and I will be interested to see your Mandala pictures when you get them listed. I really like that one style of photography you used on the yin-yang pendant necklace, where the background is blurry and only the necklace is in focus, with a light white glow behind the pendant. That one really stood out to me! Something to keep in mind for future necklace photos.

What the others said about shipping though, I would take that into consideration. I understand wanting to ship priority either because you can use the USPS calculator which is easier for a newer seller to figure out or because you want your items to arrive quickly, but jewelry really can ship for cheap rates. Read thru some of the older threads here about setting up the matrix, it will help you attract more buyers in the long run because high shipping prices for jewelry will chase most buyers away. Like your yin-yang necklace, if you were to open a paypal account and get yourself a scale so you can weigh your products, not only will you save money on shipping because you will qualify for the business shipping discounts (commercial base rates) but you will find that your yin necklace can easily be shipped for just $2.04 (commercial rate) using First Class mail.

And for first class packages, unless the package is large, oddly shaped, or heavy, usually the smaller lighter stuff only arrives a day or so after the priority expected arrival times. So if priority says 2-3 days, if you are shipping first class instead the package will still arrive most likely in 2-3 days anyway if the buyer is only a few states away. If the buyer is on the other side of the U.S. it still only takes like 4-5 days for first class. Normally, the only time it takes a package 6 or more days to arrive is when the USPS seems to be flooded with deliveries more so than usual. So first class is still somewhat fast and by charging those rates, you can add any handling or packaging fees to your shipping price and it will still seem reasonable.

Like my lowest price is $2.95 for first class. This is for items that cost $2.04 to mail but the additional 91 cents is my fee for printer ink for the postage label (50 cents) and for the envelope (41 cents) because I buy mine in big bulk lots so I get large quantity discounts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: