eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Just wanted to stop in and say hello.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
petalhobbyshop

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: Just wanted to stop in and say hello. Reply with quote

Finally got my store up and running and I think I have everything ready to go (if my s&h matrix is right Very Happy ) so thought I would stop in and say hello. I had a store here years ago and reopened after making a few purchases here and liking the direction ecrater was heading. Rich
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Your store looks nice.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.

I'm not sure what you are selling. Are these autographed trading cards, photographs or what? You don't say in your title or description. If the autographs are certified, by whom? If they are trading cards what is the condition?
petalhobbyshop

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome.
What I have up now is all pack pulled certified autographed cards, I don't carry any in person or TTM autos because I can't justify listing products with no COA. As far as condition most collectors consider a card listed with no qualifiers as Nr-Mt+ to Mt condition.
If there are any surface flaws or corner wear I note the condition. I've tried to keep most of the boiler plate repetition out but it looks like I may have went a little too minimal.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petal, I'm not questioning what you sell or your integrity. It is just that you don't say what you are in your listings. You have a lot of competition and the ones who give the buyer the most info and instill the most confidence will get the sales.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your logo is done right !! good job. no squinting.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at one listing and noted that nowhere did you say it was a baseball or football card. That should be in both your title and description. The point of descriptions is not to be writing for Reader's digest condensed descriptions, but full and complete ones. Even the point you made that people assume that if condition isn't noted, that it would be mint. I seriously doubt that. My ex was a huge card collector as well as my son (thankfully not as bad as his dad) as well as brothers. Never heard them saying "oh they didn't mention condition it must be mint". Selling online usually means that if condition isn't mentioned that the seller is probably hiding something.

Don't forget that you are allowed 10 photos per listing, 100 character titles and unlimited (at least I have never found a limit) descriptions.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, definitely list the condition. I have found a seller on here that states in his terms pages the following quote:

"I'm sorry for any convenience issues but I feel like listing a description of the condition for each card is too much of a time waster so your description is the photos so look at the photos before you buy to determine whatever condition you think the cards are in. Sold as is, no refunds or returns. If you can't determine the cards condition by the photos then you are welcome to buy this card elsewhere. I think listing a condition is pointless because whats good to me may be poor quality to you or what I think is poor quality you may be okay with so please see photos thoroughly."

Well, that seller has had 41 sales and his feedback? 13 negatives, 6 neutrals, 7 positives, and 15 customers left no feedback at all, out of 41 sales. Almost all of the neg or neutral feedbacks said the photos made the cards look much nicer than they actually were, customer was expecting a flawless card judging by the photos but got one that was bent, wrinkled, stained etc. So you really do need to list the conditions in detail. Someone like me can spot the smallest flaw from a mile away and point it out instantly, while others don't notice any damage at all so if it's left up to buyer opinion versus actual photos, you could end up hurting your feedback in the long run.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and the football baseball thing. Avid sports fans will know this because they will be searching by teams, but it helps to put what type of sports team it is in the title for search purposes for those that like a variety of teams and want to do a general search just to see what teams they can find, and also because sometimes a wife will shop around for a gift for her hubby and doesn't know much about sports so her first instinct would be to search for football cards because her hubby loves football. Then maybe she will end up finding the football team her hubby likes by rcognizing the team names to be the same ones that are on the posters her hubby has in his man den. LOL, so it never hurts to list that.
petalhobbyshop

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies everyone and I appreciate the responses.

I'm updating some conditions and details and adding some of my boiler plate to my home page texts. It will probably take a few days to update. I tend to agree on the detail. I'm coming from a devoted sports card site where I guess we use 'assumptions' far too often where if a condition is not listed the item is assumed to be a 'nr-mt mt or better' card with no qualifiers.

Ecrater is a totally different market and I need to remember not only that sports cards are a fraction of the market but that I also have eyes on my items that aren't collectors and may be shopping as 'regifters' and not the final owner of what I list.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back to eC.

You look like you know what you are doing. Everything looks great! Good Luck.

I wish you well here and hope you are able to stick around this time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: