eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hi Everyone!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StrongHeartsBling123

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject: Hi Everyone! Reply with quote

Hi everyone, my name is Peggy and just opened my handcrafted jewelry store, Strong Hearts Bling.
I appreciate any help you can give me on my store since this is all new to me!
I look forward to seeing as much of everyone's items as possible and hope that we all have great success with ecrater!
Thanks for allowing me to post my bits of bling!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Bling.

I hope you like it here and are successful.

Your store looks good...I mean who doesn't need a little bling? right?

A minor suggestion tho - you may want to rethink putting your phone number on your contact page. Merely a suggestion. Everyone does what they feel is best for their little shops.

You will find a lot of retirees on here. Actually, I think we are a mixed group so you will fit right in.

Once again - Welcome!
StrongHeartsBling123

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: phone number Reply with quote

Then you think I shouldn't put my phone number on my page? Also, I put my store's name in and it's not pulling it up. Does anyone know what could be the problem?
Thanks for the suggestions!
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not post a phone unless you use a separate location for business.

Or for selling things, a service out of your home with a different phone number, but not sales connected to online.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER.

Re your phone number. If it is the same as your home phone I'd strongly advise you to remove it from your site. All it takes is one creep to use it and your life is miserable and changing numbers is one royal pain in the A$$.

A suggestion about your photos. That gray textured background makes all you pics and therefore your items look dingy. I'd switch to all white or something with a lot of contrast. Your jewelry deserves to be showcased.
StrongHeartsBling123

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
Welcome to eCRATER.

Re your phone number. If it is the same as your home phone I'd strongly advise you to remove it from your site. All it takes is one creep to use it and your life is miserable and changing numbers is one royal pain in the A$$.

A suggestion about your photos. That gray textured background makes all you pics and therefore your items look dingy. I'd switch to all white or something with a lot of contrast. Your jewelry deserves to be showcased.

Thanks so much for the suggestions!
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, but good luck because this kind of stuff rarely ever sells these days. Too much competition from chinese sellers offering manufactured jewelry that looks handmade but is really not for $1 with free shipping. We can all thank etsy for the downfall of handmade jewelry sales. So I would think about adding some different stuff to your store besides just jewelry or you may be sitting around for a while before anything is sold.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome I also have a few suggestions. One being get rid of Cash on delivery as a payment option. It is old fashioned and very expensive. You seem to be charging $5 for postage regardless of whether the item weighs an ounce or more. But that is your decision, I would find it too high knowing shipping prices like I do (most of my things go out first class mail).

My big concern was with this listing and any others you may have: Little Girl's Pink Shamballa Bracelet. You are advertising this as for a little girl. What age? Are the products lead free etc.? How easy would it be for the little one to eat and swallow those beads and the ribbons or whatever makes up the bracelet. You are opening yourself up wide for huge liability in case anyone buys this and then has a choking incident.

I also notice that you don't seem to be giving sizes. I'm large boned which means I can't wear 'normal' sized bracelets. Your peace bracelet I couldn't tell if you had three bracelets showing or they all connect together. People are always looking for those types of things in the descriptions.
tmyusuf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:41 am    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hi Peggy welcome to the forum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: