eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Stripe email delayed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:06 pm    Post subject: Stripe email delayed Reply with quote

Earlier I had an order arrive, but the Stripe payment notification showed up an hour later. I've no reason to believe that the charge was delayed, but more likely the notification email.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never get Stripe emails. I get the eCRATER order showing it was paid by CC. Never anything from Stripe.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect he means the sold notification that we get for any order. I've seen orders show up long before I get notified about with either Stripe or PP.
marzyfashionoutlet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:30 am    Post subject: stripe payment Reply with quote

we just got order threw stripe had no delay on payment
marzyfashionoutlet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Stripe email delayed Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
Earlier I had an order arrive, but the Stripe payment notification showed up an hour later. I've no reason to believe that the charge was delayed, but more likely the notification email.

just had order threw stripe had no delays in email
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaggietheCatsMeows wrote:
I never get Stripe emails. I get the eCRATER order showing it was paid by CC. Never anything from Stripe.

Did you maybe set up a different email with Stripe? May be why you are not getting payment notifications. I always get an email from Stripe and one from ecrater, 2 emails when I sell something that is paid for via stripe. There were times when for the longest time, like 4 months or so, I never got a 2nd email from Stripe and thought they quit sending them but I realized I had a different login email for Stripe and since I didn't have that email programmed into my ipad, I never heard that 'dinging' tone when the emails came thru and literally forgot to login to that other email account for quite some time. Got too dependent on that ipad app telling me when I had an email instead of logging into each Yahoo account the old fashioned way on the desktop.

So I added that other email address to the app on my ipad then suddenly noticed I had like 40 stripe emails backed up in that account that did come thru but I forgot to check them, just kept logging into Stripe to manually check for the payments. Embarassed
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never get emails form Stripe either. didn't know they did that.
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always receive a message from Stripes it starts out like this

"Congratulations! You have just received a payment of $41.25. You can view the full details of this payment in your dashboard:"
I think? I remember in your stripes there is a place where you check if you want email.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For seller's not receiving emails from Stripe, did you select to receive emails? When I signed up for Stripe, the default was "no email notification" and you had to opt-in to receive the email.

Log into your Stripe account and click on the down arrow in the upper right to the right of your name. Select "Account Settings" and on the next screen click on the email icon on the far right in the row of icons. Make sure you have a check in the box by "Email me for successful payments". As Tiger pointed out, the email will go to the account associated with your Stripe account. Also note on that same screen that you can choose to have an email sent to your customer to indicate a successful charge AND you can customize your email receipts. My email receipts have a form of my store's logo so my customers have a visual clue to identify the email is from my store.

For new seller who may be reading this topic, a lot of the info on the different tabs is related to sellers who have their own website rather than a store on eCRATER. Before you make any changes, make sure it's really related to your eCRATER store. But rest assured, the email to the seller and customer with a successful payment does apply to eCRATER sellers.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten along without the emails so far so I doubt I will bother. I always double check PP and Stripe to be sure the money is really there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: