eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Global subcategory for sweatshirts?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaelily

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject: Global subcategory for sweatshirts? Reply with quote

Hi! I've been listing men's sweatshirts but don't see a global subcategory for them. So I've been putting them under Men's Clothing -> Sweaters
I don't really consider them "sweaters" but that's the closest thing I could find other than "Outerwear" which they aren't really that either. Any thoughts on which category seems best?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just put them in the shirts or tops category. There is a definite difference between a sweater and a sweatshirt. I think I had your same problem once before, was selling some nice football logo sweatshirts and sweatpants and di not see anything like that listed in the sweaters or pants category at the time. Ended up just putting the sweatshirts in the non-formal shirts category and the sweatpants in the loungewear pajama type category.
MetaLHeadAngeL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go with casual shirts for the sweatshirts or maybe even unisex. Is the design strictly male, or could it be for both genders?
Shaelily

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only listed men's so far. I guess some could be worn by either gender but since they are men's sizing I'd like to keep them in one of the men's categories. I have women's, kids, and junior's to list too.
The loungewear category is an interesting idea but eCRATER has it as "underwear,sleepwear". Otherwise I think I would put them under that.

Maybe I'll have to make this an eCRATER suggestion Smile I have thousands of clothing items to list and the list of categories could definitely use a touch up.
This category makes me laugh though... Mens Clothing_> Gothic but no category for hoodies or sweatshirts? And what would classify a clothing item as specifically Gothic? LOL

There's a whole list of categories that really need to be added/updated. Crying or Very sad
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just send a email to eCrater, they are always willing to help, just be willing to wait a bit, you will never get a canned answer from them.
MetaLHeadAngeL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with the clothing updates idea but am glad they have a gothic clothing category, wonder who gave them that idea? but it will come in useful for the rock band shirts I'm gonna list.

I think by gothic they mean clothing with skulls bats spiders, black victorian fringe, long sleeve tops with flared sleeves that drape and remind someone of Mortisha from the Addam's family, red and black corset tops stuff from Hot Topic or Torrid's website.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: