eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New Store

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
43rdStreetComicsCards

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject: New Store Reply with quote

Hello Im Brian new here at eCrater http://43rdstreetcomicscards.ecrater.com/ like many Ive seen I used to be on ebay until 2013 when the fees got to be to much, finally stumbled upon eCrater earlier this year and finally took the plunge and here I am
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER.

It is totally your business what you charge for your items but have you done the math? Looks to me you will end up in the hole unless people buy large quantities of cards.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Brian. Interesting Cards. Hope you do well here on eC.
43rdStreetComicsCards

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you I hope I do as well lol
Yes Ive done my math and will net about 15-17 cents profit with just one purchase which is fine by me as the cards are only worth 5 cents each and I usually pay way less then that
When I was on eBay I had quite a few "Deck Builders" buying a lot from me usually 5-20 of these "playsets" from at a time which they in turn make a deck with them and sell for a profit
Yea these are only a very small portion of what I have I still have several boxes that are still unsorted as I never had enough space on eBay to post them lol
Right now just going through what I already have sorted pictured and ready for sale
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome
43rdStreetComicsCards

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone know why a verify* box popped up at bottom of add new product page? never had one before
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That captcha thing? Once in a while that will pop up if you are listing a whole bunch of stuff in a row. I just figure that they want to be sure it is a real person doing the listing. Nothing to worry about anyhow. I've only had it happen a few times. Got one last week when I listed 42 items in a row.
43rdStreetComicsCards

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea thats what i figured it seems to popup after about 50 listings had it happen like 3 or 4 times last night lol
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah just a verification that a person is listing and not a bot. I guess they figure a human can't list that fast. It also happens if you tweak and fix several listings in a row.
43rdStreetComicsCards

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just passed 560 items listed man this is a lot of work lol
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

43rdStreetComicsCards wrote:
just passed 560 items listed

Yes I know, your trading card listings are crowding up the toy section and anytime someone else lists something in that section their newly listed items are already back on page 3 by the time ecrater runs their next feed to show those items in the marketplace. I personally find it annoying having to sift thru hundreds of trading card listings to find an actual toy. I wish they would create a separate category for those by itself because trading cards have no business being in a toy section, they may be part of a card game series but there is a difference between trading card games like Magic the Gathering and Yu-Gi-Oh and traditional card games like Poker, Uno, and Go Fish.
Shaelily

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome! My hubby used to sell MTG on FeeBay (casually, not a big-time seller). I noticed your listings do not say if the buyer is receiving the actual cards pictured or if that is a stock photo. I know condition is a really big deal to some buyers especially if they are "collectors". Just a thought Smile
I hope it works out for you here! It will save a ton of money in fees selling here instead of FeeBay. The listing fees alone kill you on such low dollar items. Selling collectible cards, stamps, and coins is practically impossible there anymore.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER. Your store looks nice. When you take a break from your listing, you might want to add some text to your terms page and then request to be listed in the eCrater Mall Store Directory ~ FREE CROSS-INDEXED DIRECTORY maintained by seller AmericanEdge. Here's a link to the topic: http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=15657&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I noticed that you began including the name of the game in your title which will be a big help. The search on eCRATER is a title only search and we have 100 characters available in our titles.

I read the comment by Tiger and checked one of your earliest listings and a recent listing. It appears they are all listed on the marketplace in the "Toys, Games & Hobbies > Trading Card Games" which seems like the correct location to me.

I think you should be our new poster example when people say they want to use the bulk lister because it takes too long to post one at a time. Laughing
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am aware of there being a trading card games section in the toy category but I was suggesting it would be nice if trading cards had their own category instead of a subcategory in the toys section because there are tons of them online and most sellers list them in quantities of 1-4 cards at a time so there listings quickly multiply. We have the same problem in the scrapbooking section where a few sellers are listing digital scrapbooking downloads and you can barely find any real scrapbook paper, even if you search for it or search for scrapbooking kits it mainly brings up digital paper and digital kits because there are 2 sellers that offer digital scrapbook packs and they when they list, they list like 50 new sets at a time so now there are literally 105 digital kits for like every 2 real scrapbook items which is so hard to sift thru.

I've started buying my scrapbooking stuff on ebay because doing a search over there brings up real paper and stickers unless you intentionally type in 'digital scrapbooking'. Plus, trading cards are popular enough to warrant their own main category because they come in all forms from trading card games, to movie and tv collector cards, to character cards like My Little Pony and others. You can find a trading card for just about anything so it's a massive enough hobby to need its own main category.
timscomics

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigercreekgifts wrote:
Plus, trading cards are popular enough to warrant their own main category because they come in all forms from trading card games, to movie and tv collector cards, to character cards like My Little Pony and others. You can find a trading card for just about anything so it's a massive enough hobby to need its own main category.

No, it's not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: