eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Pictures in the Promote forum not showing up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaelily

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject: Pictures in the Promote forum not showing up Reply with quote

I went to my post in the Promote Your Store forum. Everything looked perfect. I posted a new reply and many of the photos in my previous posts went away. These pictures weren't huge like the Roxy sweaters (sorry about that one). They were on the small side. Yesterday's photos were clickable links. Any ideas?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you exactly why that is happening.

You used links to the images you uploaded to eCrater. When an image is first uploaded, it goes into a temp area. Sometime later (hours, days) it gets moved to a more permanent area.

The links you used pointed to the temp area. The images got moved behind your back.

Don't even use a listing image for something like that, unless the URL begins with "s.". For example ...
http://s.ecrater.com/stores/31594/51a77742d580a_31594b.jpg
Shaelily

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks cosmicray! Where should I be pulling the images from? I've been trying to use the ones actually on the listing page.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaelily wrote:
I've been trying to use the ones actually on the listing page.

By "listing page"...do you mean the page in your store visible to the public (as opposd to the listing in the admin) ?

You can use a photo that appears in your store...providing that you do as CosmicRay mentioned: wait for the photo to not be temporary. Go to a page in your store that has a photo you want to use in the Promote forum. Right click (or equivalent) until you get a pop-up box with "Properties." From the Properties box, copy the "Location" (which begins with "http://s.ecrater.com"). Then paste that location into your Promote post...highlight it...then click the IMG button.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaelily wrote:
Thanks cosmicray! Where should I be pulling the images from? I've been trying to use the ones actually on the listing page.
Using the ones on your listing is the best one to use, just wait until it moves to it's permanent location. This is a link to a photo that is a recent listing in your store: http://tmpp.ecrater.com/stores/365873/56185b675c176_365873n.jpg and you'll see it starts http://tmpp.ecrater.com. Once it transfers to it's perm location, it will say http://s.ecrater.com. I don't know if the number changes, but the thing to watch is the "tmpp.ecrater" vs. "s.ecrater". Your "Always Grounded" shirts are still in the tmpp location while your 'Van Heusen Mens S Blue Satin Stripe" shirt has already moved to it's permanent location.
Shaelily

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much everybody!!! I see that I'm definitely copying them too soon. I've been doing it right after I list. Will definitely wait longer and double check location next time Smile
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can edit your post that has links to the tmpp photos. Just copy the current link to the photos, then edit your post to update the photo link. Also, if you don't want the extra large photo, edit the listing to show a link to one of the smaller photos.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Shaelily - This is why I wait to promote my items until at least the day after listing them. That way I'm not left with 'pizza boxes' on Pinterest or Facebook, etc.
Shaelily

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, fixed! Thanks again guys! Very Happy
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: