eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

What to do with marketplace fees when order is canceled?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hamptontoys

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:23 am    Post subject: What to do with marketplace fees when order is canceled? Reply with quote

I've contacted ecrater twice about the marketplace fee they charged us. The order was canceled & a refund was issued.
Is there a direct email I could use to contact them?
Thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rule, such as it is, is that marketplace fees are automatically zeroed out, if you do a full refund of the payment. If you do a partial refund, then the fees still apply.

The above only applies to electronic instant payments, and electronic refunds. Was the refund an electronic one ? And to be absolutely crystal clear, you must apply the refund against the original payment. Sending a refund, that is separate from the payment, does not zero the marketplace fee.
hamptontoys

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:55 am    Post subject: What to do with marketplace fees when order is canceled? Reply with quote

Yes, this was a full refund through my stripe account.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was a full refund, and it was for the month just billed, I would check the detail on your fee billing to see if it was zeroed. If not, then you need to use the Contact form on the eCrater front page. They may want screen captures so they can see what you're seeing.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, remember that the eCrater staff is small. It may take a bit, but you will get a real response from a real person.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the refund is for your next upcoming bill and you see 2 green checkmarks by that order, then you will not be charged for it. But if the order was on the last bill and you already paid it, like if the buyer contacted you to cancel 14-30 days after they ordered then you may have already paid the fee for that and you can contact ecrater with proof of the refund by going to the ecrater.com main page and click on 'contact' at the bottom right of the page.

But you are only billed for the orders that came during each month like they don't bill on a 30-45 day basis based on when you started paying the fees, it goes by month only so there's no chance of having sales from August on your Sept. bill so it's easy to tell if you already paid the fee for that order. Go to your billing section in your admin. Now if you have not yet been charged for that order and you see the 2 green checkmarks by it, then you will not be billed for that order since you did a full refund and no need to contact ecrater. You can always do the figures when your next bill comes due to make sure, but every time I've had to refund someone in full I was not charged for it, only when I had to do a partial refund and then the fees were discounted based on the new lower total of the order.

It takes the ecrater staff an average of 3 days to contact you, but in the worst case maybe 4-5 days. But I'd rather wait and get a response from a real person than get an instant auto reply that has nothing to do with my question.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm puzzled about how you contacted ecrater if now you are wanting a direct email? They are very good about taking off the fee after a refund. I just tell them it was refunded and my order history is usually enough proof.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: