eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

blog

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joysservices

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:47 am    Post subject: blog Reply with quote

I just pointed my website to my store joysservices. Now do I keep my blog the way it was or do I have to point it to joysservices.ecrater.com?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, if you already pointed the website name to your ecrater store why would you also have your blog lead here too? You can have multiple websites forwarded to the same .com URL but in this case that is unnecessary. Do you want people to see your blog content when they visit your blog or be automatically directed to your ecrater store where they may have had no intention of going in the first place? That will deter some of your blog followers away from you if they go to visit your blog and are automatically redirected to your store because it means they will not be able to visit your blog without being redirected so no one will be able to visit your blog thru that URL you assign to it and people may think you are trying to force them to your store to buy.

You only need your .com URL pointing to your store and nowhere else. And if you open any other stores in the future you need to purchase separate URLs for them, do not point them to the joysservices.com URL or else customers will be lead to your current store here when they try to shop at your other stores. URLs don't cost that much, so it's worth it to purchase a separate .com for each store or blog site.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: