eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Yuri-ten saying Hello

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yuri-Ten

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: Yuri-ten saying Hello Reply with quote

Hi folks,

This is the correct area to say Hello. I accidentally posted in the selling section to say hello and then asked a question. Anyway, My name is Juju and we're new to Ecrater (eselling in general). I love the layout and customization that is here.
Our store name mean Lily's store in english which is named after my mother-in-law. She deals with offline sales and I was put in charge of online sales. I did a simple layout and filled in as much as I can to start with. We mainly sell pre-owned/used and new women apparels with some collectible mix in.
My husband and I are avid collector (board games and anime) when we were younger, so we accumulated a lot of stuff. We had slow down in last few years but still too much to fit into our new home.

I am looking forward to participate and learning a lot from the veterans.

Best,
~Juju (Yuri-ten)
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! May I suggest something? The pearl bracelet set you have the color you call white is actually off-white or cream and the colors you call dark grey are actually pewter. There is a big difference between white and off-white as well as between dark grey and pewter and some buyers are looking for exactly those colors so if you list the bracelet as white and they expect pure white but get a creamy color instead, they may be unhappy, same with the pewter bracelets. It's not always easy to tell by the photos what color an item is so you need to describe the colors accurately by shade as most buyers looking for glass or faux pearl bracelets are buying them to match a dress and want the exact same color as their dress, not even the slightest bit darker or lighter.
Yuri-Ten

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to suggest. All suggestion and advice are welcome. I really appreciate constructive criticisms.
I'll be honest that I didn't even think of color pewter >.<;. Much appreciate it!

Any advice how to have 'free shipping' show on each product? As I was asking on Selling section, we're offering free shipping within the 48 states and flat rate for Hawaii Alaska. However, I was not able to have 'free shipping' to show on the finish product page. When I check the item from another browser, it would "shipping - US'calculated". I'am very confuse.

We also offer alternative shipping method at the customer expensive if they choose to. Would that be issue?

~Juju[/img]
Yuri-Ten

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have found the problem. It is because I checked the USPS calculated in option area. I read some more on forum and seem like I have to use the shipping matrix. I'm a bit disappointed that I can't use the USPS calculated option.
The shipping matrix is a lot of work!! lol
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome.

I suggest you use both gray and pewter. Same goes for off-white and cream. You never know what people will enter in their search criteria.
Yuri-Ten

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh...that's a wonderful tips. Thank you. Since we have 100 words to use for title, might as well use them all! Smile
Thank you, thank you
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Yuri and welcome.

If you are located in the US, depending on how you are shipping, there should be no extra cost for shipping to Hawaii and Alaska. Media mail and first class mail have NO difference in the price. Any Priority Flat Rate method is the same no matter where in the US you are shipping to. You will only run into a problem if something is over 13 ounces and you have to use Priority but it doesn't fit in a flat rate envelope or box or the tyvek bubble envelope. So when pricing your things you need to be sure that you are charging a sufficient amount to be able to ship your products no matter where. I don't do Free Shipping and as a shopper, except for the big on line stores that can afford to eat the extra cost, I don't expect free shipping. Seeing the shipping amount and the product amount, for me anyhow, gives me a more accurate knowledge of how much the item costs and I also can tell if the shipping is within normal costs.

Also, please note that you are not supposed to use foreign languages in your listings.[/u]
Yuri-Ten

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the suggestion Moonwishes. I am learning a lot from the forum. We send out item via first class mail, however mailing to alaska and hawaii always seen to be more. that's why the flat rate.
As mention earlier we are fairly new to ebusiness, so any advice are appreciate it.
Again..thank you for your suggestion. We'll remove the flat rate and see how it goes. Still waiting for our first sale from ecrater Smile
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We send out item via first class mail, however mailing to alaska and hawaii always seen to be more.

If it 'seems' more, it would only be because the item itself weighs more. There is NO difference in the cost of first class mail to any US state (including Alaska and Hawaii) or territory. Currently after 13 ounces it becomes Priority mail and if you use the regular flat rate envelope or box they won't be any different in price with those either.
Yuri-Ten

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it...and we took it off the site. I believe you are correct with the weight. my MIL never had to send anything package out until I came along. She used to doing offline, in person business.
After browsing more of the forum, finally open a pinterest account too. The last 3mths been a learning curve and still so much to learn!
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only time I ever have to charge more for Hawaii and Alaska reisdents is when the item is really heavy or needs to go in a large box. If the item weighs more than 13 ounces but it too large or oddly shapen to fit in a priority flat rate envelope or box then you have to ship regular priority or parcel post (parcel select, or whatever they are calling that option these days). I know regular priority mail goes by weight and zone location so in those instances I override my matrix with a flat shipping rate and I do have to charge more to Alaska and Hawaii customers because it can cost as much as $4 or $5 extra to mail to their zones where I am located.

I don't know if parcel post/select charges by zone too, I don't remember because I have only used that option maybe 3 times total on the rare occasion when the item I shipped was super large and the post office said due to its size it must be shipped as parcel post/select as they do have a size limit. So for any large or really heavy items, it may be a good idea to research the USPS website because there are extra requirements for some packages that would definitely cause you to pay more for Hawaii and Alaska shipping. But for normal items that can be shipped first class or in a priority flat rate box, there would be no extra charge.

I once shipped an autoclave, a giant stainless steel pot that looks like a pressure cooker but it's made for cleaning body piercing supplies. This thing was like 25.7 pounds and the box was about 2 feet tall, so they made me ship parcel and there was an additional freight charge for being over a certain weight.
Yuri-Ten

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as my experience goes, first class is by weight, priority is by zone and weight (like you said tigercreek). I am a frequent visitor of USPS for last month so have a general idea the price. I don't find priority a good deal unless it's over 13oz like Moon said.

It will be very interesting on how we'll do the shipping if the price increase pass. I do hope i don't have to send something as heavy as your. It'll be pain for me to get it to PO.

Thank you again. Still waiting for my first sale so working hard hard on it.

~Juju
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: