eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How to open more stores

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:26 pm    Post subject: How to open more stores Reply with quote

I did a search for 3 days now - if I missed this someplace, I apologize.

How does one open another store?

Thank you. Smile
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just go to the home page, click on sell, then click on the link for a new store. The procedure is the same as opening your first store. The only thing you have to remember is each store must have their own email address. The email address you use to open your store is the email address eCRATER will always use to contact you regarding the store. If you ever need to change the primary email address for your store, you must contact eCRATER direct. Every store must have it's own unique email address.

In your store admin, under Account > Edit Account Info you can change the email address where you receive your orders. Some people like to use just one email address where they receive all orders and this is possible with eCRATER. Changing the email address for orders does not change the primary address for the store.

Best of luck with your new store.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is of course your choice if you want to open another store, but it looks like you don't have any sales yet in your first store (or at least no feedbacks) and with only 18 items in your store I'm wondering if you really want to spread yourself so thin. You seem to have a pretty eclectic bunch of items in your store already. So just wondering what you want to sell that you currently can't work into your open store so that you look better (with more items) to the search engines.
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Sheila. I was wondering if I needed separate emails for more stores; thanks for the other info, too. Smile

Moonwishes: well, I have quite a bit to list yet, and it is slow without the ability to upload, as you know, by listing one at a time and also experiencing some stupid internet issues this past few months [sigh.]. I believe a 2nd store is needed, since it will be all books, printed music, and other media mail items. I'm using USPS as my main shipper, with the matrix as backup.

I can handle it; I just have to list!!!! Wink
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've hand listed each and every listing. My first year here I was up to about 5000 listings manually. So I know what it takes. Ecrater is the quickest venue I have ever listed on and when we moved, for the first couple years here we were on dial up and had to pay for two land lines because the critters were constantly chewing up the wires. Once we got to a certain amount in sales I got the satellite and that has made a world of difference.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the OP intends to have a media only store, it is far easier to keep that separate from other items so she can use media mail as an shipping option.
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, Maggie. Wink
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If the OP intends to have a media only store, it is far easier to keep that separate from other items so she can use media mail as an shipping option.

I understand that. that is why I asked as if you was just going to do another store with more of the same, then it didn't seem like a good idea. But for media mail prices it makes sense, or if she was going to sell extremely heavy things compared to her current listings.

When I started I had two stores, a book store and the pattern store. After less than two years with only I think 3 books sold, I closed the book store, it just wasn't worth my time, at least for what I was selling.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the OP was thinking that you could open new stores and have them all connected under one ecrater account, which is why they were asking how to open a new store. Every store must have its own separate ecrater account with its own personal login and password no matter how many stores you open. Now after you open a new store you can always change the email address and PP payment email you signed up with to match the email addresses in your current store if it makes it easier to remember and keep track of but when signing up they make you enter in emails that have not been used in other stores. Not sure why they do this since they allow you to change the email info right after your newest account is created to match the emails on your other accounts.

It makes sense to place all media mail items in one store. Media mail is generally much cheaper than what it costs to ship my other items so I cannot include media mail rates in my matrix or else it would throw off the postage prices for everything else, so for those items I just give them a flat rate shipping fee for whatever the media mail price is which is okay because usually my customers that buy books or cds, only buy one at a time and occasionally when I get a buyer who orders 5 cds or 3 books I just give them a refund for any overages which is much easier for me because I don't list a lot of books or music normally and I don't sell a lot of those items either so I don't have enough media items to open another store for those items or change my matrix for those items.

But if you have enough media items, then it woud certainly be easier to have a 2nd store with media mail prices in your matrix only, or activate the USPS calculator for media mail and provide accurate weights for your items.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigercreekgifts wrote:
... Every store must have its own separate ecrater account with its own personal login and password no matter how many stores you open. Now after you open a new store you can always change the email address and PP payment email you signed up with to match the email addresses in your current store if it makes it easier to remember and keep track of but when signing up they make you enter in emails that have not been used in other stores. Not sure why they do this since they allow you to change the email info right after your newest account is created to match the emails on your other accounts. ...
You can change the email where you receive notice of orders to match the email used in your other store. This change can be made within your admin section. You have to contact eCRATER directly to change the primary email address on file with eCRATER for your store. I believe your primary address must continue to be unique for each store.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: