eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello Sharing Aries Naturals Story

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ariesnaturals

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:38 am    Post subject: Hello Sharing Aries Naturals Story Reply with quote

Hello all,
I am the owner of Aries Naturals. We make all natural, fully customizeable bath, body, beauty, and cosmetics fresh on order. Please stop by and take a look. Please read our story via the link below.
http://ariesnaturals.ecrater.com/about.php
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aries - What is going on in your store? In the last year and a half you haven't had a single satisfied customer. This is something you obviously have to work on and let potential future buyers understand what you have done to improve in this area. Frankly I wouldn't buy from your store with that kind of feedback after such an extended amount of time of customers never seeming to get their products or being unhappy with them. I'm not sure what excuse you could even use for that amount of time to go by without a happy customer.

I read your story and I'm sorry about the abuse and poverty, not sure if you should really publish all that, but it is your choice.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aries, please don't take my statement the wrong way as I mean no offense to you or your family but while most people are capable of feeling sorry for someone and sympathyzing with them to an extent, most buyers have only one list of goals in mind. To order the products they love at prices they can afford and to be treated with courtesy and respect by the merhcant they order from.

Unless a buyer is specifically donating to a charity or buying from a store that gives all or most profit to families in need, the last thing a buyer has on their mind is the welfare or safety of the seller. They have only that one goal, to buy products and they expect to receive them in a timely manner and if there is a reason for a long delay they expect to be informed by the seller via email or phone call with an explanation as to why the delay. Not saying you have to hold every buyer's hand but the least you could do is let them know there will be a delay and if the buyer sends you an email 2 days later asking why they haven't received a shipping notification, the least you can do is answer them.

Buyer's don't want a bunch of excuses, they want to know up front if you are unable to fill their order in a timely manner so they can get a refund and shop elsewhere. I've been thru some hard times myself and I know from experience buyer's don't normally care what's going on in a seller's life all they know is that they ordered something and they want it quickly or at least an email explaining why the items cannot be delivered right away, and if you can't follow thru with this you can't expect everyone to feel sorry for you and not leave negative feedback. Some people just don't understand what it means to be down on your luck so they are incapable of sympathyzing with others.

I'm not saying that I feel this way towards you, but others might and the info on your about us page some buyers may see your story as just as an excuse for why your customer service has been lacking all year. You had good feedback up until 2015, are you just out of stock on these products and were waiting replacements to arrive before you could ship your orders? If so, you need to put all products on hold that you don't have on hand and leave them hidden until more stock arrives. You can't list out of stock products and then order them from your supplier after a buyer orders them from you because it could take a few weeks before the items arrive to you then another 4-8 days before they arrive to your customers. So if you can't afford to buy your stock until after a buyer pays for it, then you need to remove those items and only show what you currently have in your possession.

I hate to see a store that was doing so good and suddenly get horrible feedback because of things that are out of their control as we all experience rough patches from time to time, but most buyers cannot understand that. Just like so many buyers are ordering from china because they want the best price, they don't care that their purchases are hurting the U.S. economy or forcing the working class asians to work long hours in unhealthy living situations for little to no pay, they don't care what happens as long as they get the best deal so they simply can't be made to understand anyone's hard situations because their hard earned money is involved.

If I were you, instead of telling your story and hoping your buyers will understand the hardships you've faced I'd change the about us page to say we went thru some hard times this year and because of this we have failed to produce the satisfaction we want our customers to feel when ordering from us, however our promise to you is that from now on we will do whatever is necessary to make sure our buyers are happy... and so on. There's nothing wrong with admitting an error and promising future customers to do better by them, like a 'you voiced your unhappiness and we listened so here's how Aries Naturals has improved' kind of thing.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you can get your store fixed.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger, part of the problem I saw was her last positive feedback was April 2014! One can only assume that she has been having problems with her store for a lot longer than 2015. She claims to have over 10,000 products, but many of those seem to be variations on the size of the amount sold so that one kind of bubble bath is counted as 4 different items.

I understand poverty and bad upbringings, etc. But she that about us story is rather abysmal, especially in light of her poor performance. She claims to be giving a portion of all sales to charity, so I have to think she sells elsewhere with better results than here, since her sales here couldn't support her. Over my years here I have had thousands of sales and not yet have I made enough to support myself. It helps, but it isn't a full time salary by any stretch of the imagination. I also am not out to diss her either, but her story and her store don't seem to be matching up and that makes me extremely cautious about the thought of buying from her.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just suggesting that buyers don't tend to feel sorry for sellers and they shouldn't have to in most instances because they don't know the seller personally and when they make a purchase they have one goal in mind, the purchase. So most people tend to view posts like that as excuses for poor performance or as a way of making people feel them sorry for the person. I was being nice because I don't know what's really going on with the OP and I realize it's none of my business but posting things like that on an about us page and then posting links to it in a forum seems like a way to distract people from the real reasons for the negative feedbacks so they will still buy.

I have seen some sellers post things in their stores about being desperate for money and sales, sharing their bad life experiences as if they're hoping that will make people feel sorry them enough to buy something or persuade them to buy more items at a time and that kind of stuff doesn't work because someone is always asking for a hand out everywhere you go so people see that as another way to ask for help. In fact, it pushes some buyers away because they read things like that and wonder if the seller is going to be pesty in the future and send solicitation emails and such.

I know that kind of stuff doesn't make me want to buy because I am tired of people asking me for donations all the time, and you never know who is truly down on their luck and who is just saying they are to make money. Like the panhandlers, you don't know those people or what they really want that money for so I'm always reluctant to give any monetary donations. I saw a pandhandler on a freeway that runs thru New York asking for money and when he thought no one was looking he emptied his pockets, must've pulled out at least $700 worth of donations and dumped that money into a giant black trash bag that he had hidden in the bushes off to the side of road and there was probably $4,000 in small bills in that bag.

It was rush hour, traffic was barely moving and lots of rich people in NY that give $20 and $50 bills to panhandlers like it's nothing. But I saw what he did and I yelled at him out the window and told him he should be ashamed of himself and go get a real job. It's one thing to ask around until get enough money for a meal but to sit on the side of the freeway every day during rush hour and taking home a sack of money that's equilevant to bank robber's getaway sack, shameful. I bet that guy was making over $20,000 per month doing that.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger, there is a Sherlock Holmes story of the same deal. A respectable married man with kids would dress up to go to his job in London, would get there and change into beggars clothes and beg all day and made so much that he supported his family in style...until his wife found out!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Ariesnaturals:

1. Few if any people read an about page. Very honestly once they see a -62% feedback they probably don't read anything else.

2. If they ignore the feedback warning and just look at your products, what do they see? Stock photos of food products and ingredients. Never do they see the finished product so if they are gift shopping, they have no idea if the product they buy will look presentable. Even if they are buying for themselves they don't know if it is something they want sitting in their bathrooms.

3. If I was not proficient in English I'd think I was on an organic food site.

4. Your sad story is first of all unprofessional, secondly it is too long, and thirdly people are very suspicious of sob stories. Too many con artists posing as needy.

5. My advice is to take photos of your products, add the estimated time for you to make and ship the items to each description, and if there is a reason you got all the bad feedback, make your about page an explanation of why it is bad and what you have changed to make it better.
tmyusuf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:27 am    Post subject: Re: Hello Sharing Aries Naturals Story Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum and many many thank you to join in this forum.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello Sharing Aries Naturals Story Reply with quote

tmyusuf wrote:
Welcome to the forum and many many thank you to join in this forum.

I really wish you would read before you respond to posts. Is that the only English you know? Welcome to the forum? This seller is not new, they have been here for like 4 years. They were not posting an introduction message they were posting a link to their about me page with a story about their life in poverty.

I have seen you post the same welcome message to some topics 2 or 3 times in the same month, like you revive every old topic in the introduce yourself section and post the same welcome message on older topics every 3 months and you still don't even sell here. You don't know English very well and you don't have a store and you have been here like 2 years now and have no plans of ever opening a store so why have you been coming to the forum for 2 years just to post welcome messages? I am sure there are other forums for people that just want to say hello. It doesn't make any sense to me, surely you cannot be this bored.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: