eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Help Please. How to change the commision rate on market plac

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tennesseemakeupcompany

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:41 am    Post subject: Help Please. How to change the commision rate on market plac Reply with quote

I had a store a few months back and unfortunately had to delete due to family reasons. I was able to change my commission rate to a higher percentage to get noticed more. I cant find it right now. Where is it usually at? I opened my store 2 days ago, im wondering if thats part of the reason? Im still not fully set up.
Thank you all for any help
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Help Please. How to change the commision rate on market Reply with quote

tennesseemakeupcompany wrote:
I was able to change my commission rate to a higher percentage to get noticed more. I cant find it right now. Where is it usually at?

In your admin, in the left-hand menu, under Account, under Options, is a check box for Select Google/Bing/Yahoo advertising level...with 4 button options.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, new stores are not eligible for the higher marketplace ad levels. Only stores with a lengthy selling reputation are eligible, this is because ecrater has to pay google in advance to have our items listed at higher ad levels and they only get reimbursed if the merchant pays their marketplace bill every month. If the merchant doesn't pay their bill then ecrater doesn't get reimbursed and they lose money which is why those who don't pay their bills have their items removed from GS and pushed to the very last spot in the ecrater.com search. With new stores, they have no way of knowing if the merchant will honor their debt and pay what is owed to ecrater so they are essentially playing it safe and you have to show them for several months in a row that you will pay the basic 2.9% level fees first before they will let you select a higher ad level rate.

Even if you have been on ecrater for 10 years, if you open a new store they have no way to tell that the new store belongs to a long time ecrater merchant who owns other stores here without checking every account individually and they'd have to hire someone to do that which is too much trouble, so all newly opened stores are treated as if the owner has never sold on ecrater before and you have to earn the right to use the higher ad levels in every store you open. I just opened a 2nd store on here a few months ago but ecrater has no idea that store belongs to me so my newest store is not eligible for anything other than the basic 2.9% fee level. I have no idea how long it will take before I become eligible, but I imagine it doesn't have anything to do with how long your store is open. I am guessing we will both have to make enough sales to incur marketplace fees and show ecrater for so many months in a row that we will pay our fees when they are due.

Ecrater has made a lot of changes recently and there are several things that new stores can't do now that older stores can do. Like new stores can only accept Paypal express and stripe, they cannot accept Paypal standard anymore. Also, unless certain things are set up in your store first when you go to preview your store it will look completely blank even if you have a few items listed already, unless certain set-up steps are completed first. Some of the older stores immediately became elgible for the higher ad levels even if they only had a small amount of sales just because they had been around for a long time, but I imagine ecrater probably had a lot of people not paying their bills so now there are limitations.

My newest store had all these extra hoops to jump thru and limitations too. So when you closed your original store instead of just deleting your items and placing your store on hold to hide it from public view, you lost the original privelages you had once before.
Shaelily

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigercreekgifts wrote:
Sorry, new stores are not eligible for the higher marketplace ad levels. Only stores with a lengthy selling reputation are eligible...

I wonder what the actual requirements are though. I signed up with eCRATER on September 6 of this year, not even two months ago. I've had the option to increase my marketplace ad level for about a week now. In fact, when I log in to admin that's the first "tip" listed.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many sales have you had Shae? I know every new seller I've spoken to personally (besides you now) does not have this option including the newest store I opened in April 2015. I have had steady orders in that store since I opened but so far ecrater has not felt the need to bill me for those sales and my last order that came thru for that store was for $17.49 so I thought for sure that sale would've triggered them to bill me this month.

That store is not as well known as Tiger, because I have not advertised it as much but my Tiger store started getting more sales when I switched to a higher ad level so I am not sure what the requirements are but would love to know as I think my 2nd store could do better with it.

I am sending ecrater an email about that right now and when they respond I will post back here. You know it can take a while before ecrater responds due to the small staff, so give me about 3-5 days to hear back from them.
Shaelily

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only had 4 sales total so far. Ecrater billed me for 3 sales in September. The bill total was only $2.27. I paid right away and shortly after I noticed I had the option to up the marketplace fee.
Maybe it has to do with number of items listed?
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number of items? Possibly. My 2nd store has 148 products listed so far and that seems to be the only thing that is truly different. I will let you know when I hear back from the staff but there doesn't seem to be a real pattern here. I have spoken to other sellers with brand new stores and long time sellers that recently opened a 2nd or 3rd store.

Some of them already have over a dozen sales and 2 or more positive feedbacks and they all seem to be listing in a variety of cateogories but still do not have the option to upgrade, so maybe it does have to do item count or possibly you have to be billed first so ecrater can see that you will pay your bill. So maybe their sales have all been for tiny amounts? Not enough to get billed for? Although it would seem like ecrater would play it safe and make every merchant pay at least 5 bills in a row or something before they unlock that feature. One paid bill is not enough to really know how a person's payment history will be in the future. We'll see.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, to unlock the higher ad level selections you need to have made enough sales to owe a marketplace fee. Once you make your first handful of sales and you pay your first marketplace bill, the options to choose 5.9, 8.9 and 12.9 will be unlocked for you.

I was told this by ecrater.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: