eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Share your Pinterest Page
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I followed everyone back on pinterest that followed me but, question?
Who is kayes haven on pinterest? I followed them back but I've never seen that store here. It was easy to tell who everyone else is.

I realize that Tiger has identified themselves, but what you will find, and you WANT to find, is followers that you have no idea who they are and you don't care. The more followers you have the better since your pins are going to be forwarded better. There is no way in the world that I know all my followers. I just try to give them more of the stuff they want to see such as on my hand embroidery board where I have over 10,000 followers! Very Happy This is a case of a little acorn growing into a big oak tree.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I was already following the other ecrater board, must have forgotten. Yeah you want as many followers as you can get, not all of them will be ecrater sellers. I have boards with my interests and boards with things I'm not too interested in but I have those types of items for sale in my store, so creating those boards just for my followers to enjoy has lead them to my profile to see what all I have, and they ended up liking a handful or all of my boards and eventually pinning the items from my store. So it works out well.

We all have our own little strategies.
creativewench

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject: Forged With Fiber Pintrest Reply with quote

My pintrest is https://www.pinterest.com/ForgedwithFiber/ Though I am a novice user and not very good at it. Smile
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@creativewench - Nothing to be ashamed of and don't put yourself down. If you are dealing with a special needs child, you have every reason to pat yourself on the back and say "darn I'm good!"
creativewench

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@moonwishesstore thanks for the kind words. They are not heard often-I appreciate it!
creativewench

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have followed ever link that was posted on this thread and would appreciate the return follows! Thanks everyone!
creativewench

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have followed ever link that was posted on this thread and would appreciate the return follows! Thanks everyone!
carolinabluelady

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinterest does allow businesses to have a Pinterest account. Just came out recently. Here is the link to the info about it. https://business.pinterest.com/en

I changed my personal to the business. All I had to do was change my name - didn't have to redo anything. Pinterest is a very good promoting tool. Lots of people use it especially the younger crowd.

If you are using your pinterest to promote your items for sale, it would be a good idea to change to your business name. Branding. Of course your pinterest should have other things of interest, too.

I didn't know about the newer site either so i am now following. I have always used the Fabulous Ecrater Sellers.

https://www.pinterest.com/carolinablulady/
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well pinterest for business doesn't give you any extra perks, just the ability to type in your business name which is the same thing as your user name, you don't get any icons that indicate you are a business, and stores with sub-domains such as ecrater are not accepted as approved websites. So not any difference that your followers can see, on your end it says business account instead of personal.

As for the creative wench name, I would look into changing that as well. When I hear the word wench, I think of some rude old guy in a bar on Tv that says 'hey bar wench, get over here and get me another beer'. Usually that word is not associated with anything positive for women. Used to be wenches lived upstairs in brothels located over top of the bars, hence the term bar wench. Not being rude, just thought you may not have known that.

I should probably mention that I changed my pinterest name a while back and was going to edit it on here but gave up looking for my original post after sorting thru all the pages in this topic, I must be overlooking my post.

It's http://www.pinterest.com/kayeshaven/

If any stores follow me and pin my items I return the favor if I can tell they are an ecrater store but some people use their name instead of their store name so if anyone uses their real name they can send me a message on pinterest and let me know, otherwise I may assume you're not a seller and won't follow back.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had my Pinterest account as a 'business' account since I opened it. Don't forget you can edit and write some text on your front page as well as all your boards. And tiger is right, I've never seen any benefit for being business other than being able to check Pinterest analytics (more than a regular person can). I had a sale that originated from Pinterest this weekend and that made me happy.
carolinabluelady

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger - you can still put your store url in and a description of your store on your cover page. Not a whole lot of room, but if someone goes to my pinterest, they are going to see carolinabluelady instead of Donna Fink. It is free branding and no longer worried about posting your own items for sale. Of course, you are going to want to post other items of interest and other interesting things for people to see. It is suppose to be fun for people to come to your pinterest.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, but when I used my business name, had a store description, had a tiger creek store board, I lost the same amount of the followers that I would gain. 5 people would follow me and 3-4 people would stop following me at the same time. I've always posted hobby content too because I realize no one wants to follow someone who advertises 24/7 without sharing fun things too but when I changed my name on there, removed my store description, and moved the store related pins into hobby boards so it was less obvious I was promoting, I started gaining followers all the time instead of losing them.

When it was obvious I was a business, I stayed at 193 followers constantly but when I switched I am now at almost 500. I used to have almost 700 followers but last year when my inventory was destroyed I deleted the boards that had those items pinned to it because I didn't want every one of my pins to lead people to a 'no such product' link, it looks unprofessional but that was a stupid move on my part because I forgot that not everyone who follows me is following all of my boards at once. Some people only follow one or two of my boards at a time and when I deleted those boards it removed the followers I had that were only following just those boards. So I ended up removing like 180 people when I did that because I deleted like 13 boards. Learned that one the hard way.

Normally when an item sells I just mark it as sold and invite people to come see what else I have, and I don't delete my pins, shares, tweets etc. but the only reason I deleted all those boards that one time was because I literally had over 2,300 products in my store and all but 41 items or so were destroyed so I felt like it would've looked bad having boards that said "such and such on tiger creek gifts .ecrater" and having every one of my pins on those boards lead to a deleted item. I realized I could've just moved those pins to my hobby boards they would fit with that way the pins for the deleted store items would be spread out and not grouped together, but this was before they had that handy function that allows you to move 50 pins at a time by the press of a button. Back then, I would've had to move well over 1,000 pins one at a time. I wish they'd made that move button sooner, as I would still have around 700 followers.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things that helped me to get my Pinterest page to take off was my buying a Kindle and then the ability to download samples of books. I found that by downloading about 10 samples on the same subject, I got a lot of info without the need to buy the whole book. Anyhow I did this with any book on how to use Pinterest for your business and how to get more followers. The first month implementing some of the suggestions my followers doubled and they kept going up. Things have slowed down at this point, but then I have over 15K followers. I have followers I think on all my boards, but my big one is that Hand embroidery one. So many beautiful things on it and when I was doing more promoting for other eCRATER sellers, I remember Maggie had a lot of embroidered items that I pinned there. Over 10K followers on one board alone! Very Happy Amazing. But anyhow take the time to read up a bit on the newest books on using Pinterest to see what else you can do to get people interested in your boards.
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't remember/can't find adding mine here before, so here it is:
Adrienne Szat
https://www.pinterest.com/AdrienneSzat/
including this board:
eCrater Friends' Fab Finds!
Pins I like from my friends who sell on eCrater! Great variety from trusted seller and excellent service! Smile
https://www.pinterest.com/AdrienneSzat/ecrater-friends-fab-finds/[/url][/b]
USAebikes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject: Good Idea! Reply with quote

Take a look at my Pinterest page, please

https://www.pinterest.com/usaebikes/factory-direct-electric-bikes/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

Jump to: