eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Domain Forwarding

View previous topic :: View next topic  
urbanmash

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Domain Forwarding Reply with quote

KollectibleKlutter wrote:
How do use Go Daddy to get your own domain for here? Also,I'm not using my store name that we have sold under for 8+ yrs.Is that a wise move & could I change it,if desired?

1) First thing you'll want to do is a search for the domain name you would like to have. For the sake of consistant branding, try to get one as close to your actual store name as possible. (fyi - KOLLECTIBLEKLUTTER.COM is available!).

2) Once you've purchased the domain, log into your account and go to the my account page. Click on the link that says "Manage Domain Forwarding." Here you will see your domain listed; click on the domain name.

3) When the page refreshes, a form will appear on the right side. Fill in your eCRATER store URL in the "Forward To" field (http://your store.ecrater.com). Check the box next to "Mask Domain" and if you like, fill in the masked title, description, and keywords (these are the meta tags. You can just copy and paste them from your eCRATER tags).

4) Submit the form and voila! You now have a domain for your eCRATER store. This is what it might look like: www.urbanmash.com

You can purchase as many domains as you want and forward them to any web address you want, so changing a business name is a simple as purchasing another domain. More importantly, if you need to move your store, you can have your domain follow you where ever you go.

As far as changing your business name, whether or not it's a good idea depends on a lot of factors. Do you have a lot of repeat customers that you will be able to contact to notify of the name change? Does the new name better suit your business? Will the new name be more enticing to new/potential customers? If you feel it is a good change, then it may be the best thing to do, but you do want to make sure that any of your past customers who will be looking to buy from you again, can find you.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wahm922

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the code for the GoDaddy sale:

Quote:
So grab one name, grab 100 -- there's no limit to the number. But this
special $6.95 offer expires August 15, 2006.

Don't wait -- start shopping now! Order online at www.GoDaddy.com or
call 1-480-505-8821 today! To get your discount, simply enter source code
gdh072430 in your shopping cart, or mention the code when you call.

http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/default.asp?isc=gdh072430

Thanks for being a Go Daddy(R) customer.
mtnmemories

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI, I took your advice & went to Go.Daddy & signed up for KollectibleKlutter & have opened another store in mtn.memories,where we will just sell Antique & Collectible paper,but that wasn't available in any form.
It said it might take up to 34 hrs. for it to take effect.
Is that about right?
Thank you, so much for your help, you seem so knowledgeable about things that I've never used before,so you will probably get a few more questions from me.
Again Thank You & nice to meet !!
TN.woman

Last edited by mtnmemories on Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
mtnmemories

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi UrbanMash,
I took your advice & went to Go Daddy.com & got KollectibleKlutter, now they say it will take 24 hrs. to forward it, when it does get forwarded, will anyone,including me, be able to just type kollectibleklutter .com into browser & it will lead them here?
and if I WANT to direct traffic from e, on my special pages, what url do I use, the one ?
Thank you again so much for your help,
tn.woman
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
will anyone,including me, be able to just type kollectibleklutter .com into browser & it will lead them here?

YES

Quote:
if I WANT to direct traffic from e, on my special pages, what url do I use, the one ?

It doesn't matter which URL you use. Just remember, you can not put a link in your listings. You can link from your ebay me page only!
mtnmemories

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you big & tall, you helped me with both questions, I know you are busy as your sites look fantastic,so I appreciate your time,
kk
mtnmemories

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Go Daddy called me this afternoon to see if there was anything else i needed and said that I needed ap numbers possibly to host my domain here, At least it's not right, I thought all I needed to do was fill-in my address from here & fill out meta tags, please advise as to what I did wrong,
thank you,
tn.woman
urbanmash

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Me again! Smile

It's all good. Your domain is already forwarding to your eCRATER store. That's all you need to do. You aren't actually hosting your domain here, only forwarding it.

You did it right!! Very Happy
mtnmemories

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi & thanks Urbanmash,
we have been gone to the corridor 127 Garage Sale 450 miles long,made about 200 miles, nice trip, but not too many bargains,left about 4:00 AM this morning & just got home about half hr. ago, & it's a little after 12 here.I'll be lucky to get up today sometime, beat & the weather was hot !!!
catch you later,
tn.woman
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: