eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Re: Magazine order

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mediafromthepast

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Magazine order Reply with quote

Hello.
I got a magazine order today (Fri-27)
I only had 1 copy of that particular magazine listed on my Ecrater sales page.
I actually have a few more copies,but,I only chose to list that 1 copy,that someone bought today.
The problem is.. the Ecrater site STILL has that single copy listed,even though,it has already been sold. Since the magazine is also still listed for sale on Google Shopping,does,that means that I cant relist the magazine right now??
QUESTION...Does any body know how long it will take for Ecrater,and,Google Shopping,to REFRESH my listings,so that I can relist a second copy of a magazine that was previously sold??
Will I get penalized from Ecrater if I relist a magazine that is still on my listings,which would create a Duplicate listing?
Thanx for your help.
Chloe
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can take ages for Google to remove the item. eCRATER generally hides it fairly quickly within a few minutes I believe. HOWEVER if you don't have quantity control enabled it will stay visible till you remove/hide it.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chloe, There is no reason to relist a product if you have more than one of them. Sounds like you aren't using quantity control anyhow as that is what makes the listing hidden with a count of zero. If you have 6 identical copies of something you can show that you have 6 of them when you have quantity control on and each time one of them sales, the count goes down. In the meantime you haven't lost any url links back to your product.

I NEVER delete sold products, but hide them as many times I get additional copies and can get them listed again by unclicking the 'hide product' button and putting in the correct amount on your listing page.

I have had several items that I have sold 16-20 copies of. I might start with 4 copies, sell them all, hide the listing while I scrounge up more copies, list those, and keep repeating the process. Meanwhile I never lose any of my promotional efforts You have more of a chance of getting something to sell again if you keep the same listing. You should however put a comment on the top of the listing that it is sold out until/or if you can find more. Just don't make up whole new listings. If you keep this one open, the google thing you are seeing, customers can see as well and can use it as a link to come buy another one.

Hope all that made sense.
mediafromthepast

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: relisting Reply with quote

Thanx for the advise!
CC
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as an FYI, you Terms makes it look like you only ship to the 48 states. Priority mail flat rate can go to all 50 states AND territories for the same flat rate. When signing up with eCRATER you agree to sell to all 50 states. You might want to clear this up in your terms. Media mail (that these magazines aren't eligible for which I'm sure you know) and regular first class rates are also all the same to all 50 states and territories.

Just an FYI in case our friend Elperles in PR would like a copy of a vogue magazine Very Happy
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enable inventory control and the sold products will automatically be hidden for you. And there is no penalty for listing the same product on multiple sites. Some sites do have policies that you can't list the same item on another site at a lower price because it encourages customers to buy elsewhere Rolling Eyes but nobody pays attention to those rules and I don't either. It's my product I can list it at whateverp price I want wherever i want. They also say that google shopping penalizes you for having the same products on multiple sites, maybe for them but not for me. I have some of the same identical products from 3 different sites and they are all showing up on google shopping side by side and have been for a few years now so obviously that requirement doesn't affect everyone.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As to the feeds, eCRATER sends out the feeds about every 3 days, but it can actually take up to a month before things may actually change. I ignore and never check what is happening to my stuff on GS. I've got 8000+ listings and I could spend my time checking them out at GS or I could be listing more new stuff. Once I was sure that I was listing correctly and my stuff was showing up correctly I quit checking for them.
mediafromthepast

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply about relistings Reply with quote

Thanx for all of the advice!
I decided to add more copies to the same post.
Hopefully that will work,so that I wont have to remove the listing,and start over again with a new listing
THANX!
Clo
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hopefully that will work,so that I wont have to remove the listing,and start over again with a new listing

It will work as long as quantity control is enabled. Currently I have over 2000 listings hidden and last week I got a whole bunch of items back in stock. It was lovely to just more or less turn them back on and so much quicker redoing the whole thing. Don't forget to use your copy/paste buttons when making listings so you only have to change out some of the info, not all of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: