eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Unbelievable. Leave it to the the Dutch!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Unbelievable. Leave it to the the Dutch! Reply with quote

What KLM AIRLINE does with left-behind items on their flights..
This is almost unbelievable until you see this in action. Leave it to the DUTCH!!

Makes you want to leave something on the plane!!
This is the best EVER, so if you delete it without watching,
you will miss out on being DELIGHTED!!!!

CLICK ON THE LINK

https://www.youtube.com/embed/NK-T_t166TY?feature=player_embedded
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cute dog but I'm not really sure I understood the video. How does the dog know who the items belong to?
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is true, it is amazing. He find the passenger that left an item on the plane. It like a search dog. He smells the item and then goes and finds the owner.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, the dog's nose! Dogs have a scent pouch in the roof of their mouth that is so strong, they can taste what they smell which is why when they smell perfume they shake their head and go shhhpppchooo!

Their scent pouch also is connected to their brain so they can store the scents in their memory. So yes, they smell the owner and then sniff the lost items. Dogs can smell even the tiniest piece of DNA on something.

I shadowed a veterinarian's office for several days one time, when looking for college options. However, when I saw the sick baby puppies being put to sleep I could not handle it. I cried my eyes out and the vet told me I cared about animals too much to be a vet and that I'd never make it in that field because I have such a big heart for animals, I would be depressed at work because she said you'd be surprised how many animals we have to put to sleep because of illness or car accidents. I literally soaked my shirt with tears that entire 2 weeks. I cannot handle seeing animals in distress, it just kills me inside.
olyguy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ol' Woman and I fly KLM city hoppers in Europe, when we can. It's a great airline. The stewardess meets you at the door with a basket of Dutch chocolates and the only time it gets set down is when the Heineken and Amstel Light beer cart is in the aisle. We've never had a bad KLM flight.

Two years ago we flew our son and daughter and their spousal units to Europe to help celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. I arranged all the tickets and flew both couples into Schiphol. They flew KLM city hoppers from there to Prague.

Our daughter said she thought she gained 6 pounds on that flight while her husband was sleeping off the Heinekens by the time they landed in Prague.

Our son and his stuck up wife hated it. They didn't like dark, Dutch chocolate and she wanted a glass of wine the stewardess couldn't supply. I just knew they would find something wrong. I should have flown them into Paris and let they deal with the French.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think there is something wrong with that video. How many adorable beagles does KLM use at each of their airports? How does the beagle know which flight has left items. What if the dog follows the human's scent out onto the street just as the human has slammed the taxi door? International airports are huge. It would be inhumane to have those little dogs running the length of those concourses over and over.
school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure the dogs are well-trained and have handlers ( that are out of view in the video ).

On every flight there be one or two cell phones left on board. The airline will have to hustle to check all the seats before the passengers start leaving the airport.

It's a nice service that is very low cost to the airline.

SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogs that serve a purpose seems to always be so happy, like police dogs. When they are doing what the are trained for...it is the best feeling for them.
AmericanEdge

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
honigsbooks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:48 am    Post subject: The dog doesn't know which flight items were left behind on Reply with quote

viewfinders wrote:
I still think there is something wrong with that video. How many adorable beagles does KLM use at each of their airports? How does the beagle know which flight has left items. What if the dog follows the human's scent out onto the street just as the human has slammed the taxi door? International airports are huge. It would be inhumane to have those little dogs running the length of those concourses over and over.

If you watch the video you see that the stewardesses find the items after the plane has landed, then they get the dog, give it to him, and the dog goes and finds the owners.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: