eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

2 Questions:

View previous topic :: View next topic  
radarplus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: 2 Questions: Reply with quote

When going to the checkout, I receive a message saying 'THis page displays both secured and non-secured pages. Do you wish to continue' is the due to the settings of my browser or does everyone receive this?.

AND

I have fixed shipping on all my items but when approaching the checkout, the shipping charges dont come up, only the price of the item. Am I doing something wrong? - or is this just Ecrater??
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
urbanmash

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
'THis page displays both secured and non-secured pages. Do you wish to continue' is the due to the settings of my browser or does everyone receive this?
This is a browser setting, and while you can adjust your browser to not show you this warning, it is the default setting on most browsers to display the message, so most visitors will see the same warning.

This happens most often, because the webpage is secure socket (https) but the images are being called from an unsecure URL (http). In Internet Explorer, the message asks if you would like to display the nonsecure items. If you click "no", the nonsecure items (in most cases, the images) won't be displayed with the rest of the page. If some one is using a browser that does not allow them to continue without displaying the nonsecure items, that could be problematic. Fortunately, most people are still using IE; however, it would look better if the images were just called from a secure URL.

Quote:
when approaching the checkout, the shipping charges dont come up, only the price of the item. Am I doing something wrong?
I've done a test in my cart, but am not experiencing the same problem. How far are you going with the checkout? You have to go past filling in your name and choosing your payment method before the shipping shows up (at least that's how it's working in my cart). The shipping finally shows up on the last page, when the continue to checkout button changes to "Place Order." A bit late in the checkout process, if you ask me, but it does show up.

Also, if you are using flat rate shipping and are entering an address that is not in the US or Canada, it won't fill in the shipping either, as you can't specify the shipping for additional locations.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: