eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How do you know where your sales are coming from?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaelily

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject: How do you know where your sales are coming from? Reply with quote

I see many sellers post here 'I got a sale from (Bing, Pinterest, Facebook, GS, etc) today'. I'd love to be able to see where my sales are coming from. I have Google Analytics (the free version) and I can't seem to find that info there either. Could someone please explain how to find this info? Many thanks in advance! Smile
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some sales it can take a bit of detective work on your part to figure it out but generally, in your admin orders section next to the buyer's name where it says 'came from' if the order came from an organic source through a search engine it would show up as:

Store Yahoo
Store Google
Store Bing
Store Pinterest
Store Other
and so on... and I think there may also be a store facebook as well because I have heard Moon (I believe?) mentioning getting orders from facebook before.

If the item was purchased from the ecrater.com marketplace it shows as 'marketplace' only.

If the item is purchased thru GS or a paid ad level source regardless of if the buyer was taken to the marketplace or to your store to pay, it will show as:

Marketplace 2.9%
Marketplace 5.9%
and so on, depending on which ad level you selected if those options are available to you.

If a buyer types in yourstore.ecrater.com or yourstore.com if you are using a domain forwarding service, then it will show as 'store direct' which is free, no fee.

So if you haven't seen any of the store bing or store yahoo options in your orders section then it means you have not yet received any organic orders from those sources but the marketplace sales you have that incurred an ad level fee, could have come from anywhere so with marketplace 5.9 8.9 and so on orders, those do require some investigation to figure out their source like looking at GA and trying to determine the traffic sources that lead the buyer to your store around the time when the order came thru.

I have been selling on ecrater since 2010 with occasional periods when my store was on hold for several months, but I have only received two orders thru bing, none thru yahoo, one thru pinterest maybe two?, none thru facebook, and only about 26 store direct, even with constant self promotion so don't look forward to receiving too many of those orders. Most of us just get marketplace based orders these days since google is purposefully trying to manipulate us by making sure all of our listings leads to sources that incur fees.
Shaelily

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I see. Thanks Tiger!
All of my sales only show marketplace or a marketplace ad level. I'll have to do some investigating on GA when I get some free time.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never bother even looking at GA any more. It used to be worthwhile but I have difficulty even bringing it up.

I am aware of I believe 9-10 places where orders come from. A year or so ago I got a Facebook order. So along with what Tiger wrote, you might also see,

Store Facebook,
Store Direct - this is the one where someone uses a direct link url to find you store from a link you left who knows were.
Sore Twitter - not sure about this but I think I had one of those a long time ago.
And then you have one or two marketplace possibilities. Depending on how you are set up.

I love numbers and stats and so I keep track of all sorts of stuff on a monthly basis and one of those things that I track is where my sales come from. I especially like seeing a nice variety of place where the sales originate from as it shows my marketing efforts aren't in vain. Do remember though that if you see a Store Google it is not a sale that generates a fee. That meant the sale came by way of the organic Google, G+, etc. Since this is all written on the far right of each of your orders it is very easy to track. I also track how much each of my marketplace orders is costing me and then can compare it to the bill that I get from eCRATER. Usually either the eCRATER team or I do our rounding up a bit differently so there is usually a few pennies difference, but as we draw near the 16th when the bill is due, I try to remember to leave that much money in my PP account and as I write this I remember that I forgot to this month
Embarassed
normasbath

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: re: Reply with quote

Would be Interesting to know where the sales come from.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With any sale you get, you will at least see the main branch of where it came from. That is enough for me. I would rather be listing than trying to figure out where sales initiated from.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

normasbath, please stop reviving old topics. Make you own topic.
DoYouReadMe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Understanding the Orders Page Details Reply with quote

Details, details, details. or lack thereof.

Well, it only took me an hour of searching to find this thread and information...so many changes since I last sold here, I keep stumbling through new features and old, obsolete ones.

A recent sale I had shows Store Yahoo.
Then a big green plus sign showed up to the far right of the order this morning.
Of course I gleefully clicked the + sign to see what it means.

Nada?

Anybody wanna enlighten me about that?
MrsDsHandKnits

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: where sales come from Reply with quote

have not had a sale on eCRATER...yet, but if and when a sale should happen, doubt it would really matter to me from what traffic source...

It is beyond me why these ZOMBIE threads are allowed to continue to receive comments. Threads should be locked after 6 months, so that they cannot be revived.
Edited to add: Recency and relevancy should be more important than old and outdated,to create a more inviting thread for participation.
However, I am realizing this site's users prefer eCRATER to remain in original state as a 14 year old venue that does not update, no new features, no advancement....and suggesting anything otherwise is not welcome. So I shall leave you to it.

Last edited by MrsDsHandKnits on Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:28 pm; edited 4 times in total
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Then a big green plus sign showed up to the far right of the order this morning.
Of course I gleefully clicked the + sign to see what it means.

Nada?

Anybody wanna enlighten me about that?

It means you got left a feedback. In your store on any listing page, you should see something about sales and a % of feedback. Not sure how it looks on all the templates, but you should see a way to check your feedback now Smile A green plus is good.
DoYouReadMe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: where sales come from Reply with quote

MrsDsHandKnits wrote:
have not had a sale on eCRATER...yet, but if and when a sale should happen, doubt it would really matter to me from what traffic source...

It is beyond me why these ZOMBIE threads are allowed to continue to receive comments. Threads should be locked after 6 months, so that they cannot be revived.

When this appears to be the sole source of information on the subject, I find it extremely helpful, and still relevant. As a matter of fact, it might just help a newbie to understand the process. Half the moaning on forums is about repeat topics, while the site becomes bloated with repeat questions, ad infinitum. Don't read further if it bugs you so much.

And, with the always helpful guidance of moonwishes, this tired old thread can elucidate what was previously an unknown factor for me. Thanks so much, hon! I appreciate it.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you are welcome.

I know that I posted the ten places to get sales from just the other day. With numbers in it. It is good to track where sales are coming from as it helps you to know if your promotional efforts, of whatever kind you do, are working. At least I see them that way. Not that I don't want eCRATER to make money, but I like to see that at least half of my sales are non-eCRATER MP. In other words, no FVF Smile Of course, if your promotional efforts are zip and you would rather pay eCRATER 12.9% for doing it for you, that is your prerogative. I only pay 2.9%.
DoYouReadMe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously? I didn't get the memo. Hahaha. You are always such a help!

Coming back here after a long illness recovery, it takes awhile to catch up. Google search sure did a number on how things are done, over and over again on all these selling sites. UGH. I am slowly catching on to the latest iteration of ecrater. I am more concerned with my stores getting filled than promos right now, but I also go with lowest fee.

Thanks for reminding me about feedback! I'm so proud. LOL
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Coming back here after a long illness recovery, it takes awhile to catch up.Coming back here after a long illness recovery, it takes awhile to catch up.

Hey I hear you on that, 16 years+ now of dealing with a chronic illness, I'm tired of it for sure and if I get behind, it is like I can never catch up. Trying to do listing today and we have been having thunderstorms roll through about every half hour or so and each time we lose our satellite uplink or downlink whatever it is called. Anyhow fun trying to figure out how to get the listing finished before I would lose my computer. Ended up playing a lot of computer cards games this evening. I used to work as a charge nurse which meant I could keep up to about 50 patients and staff and doctors on the unit, special things going on all up in the air like a juggler. Now one thing at a time otherwise I can't keep up. Amazing to think about at this point in time! LOL!

One of the things that I try to do is the day after pinning things I pin them to my Pinterest site if there is something special I will post it to my Facebook business page as well as to some of the ecrater FB pages, I also G+ everything with a like to see more with the URL of the category the item comes from. I wait for the next day as the photos after submission may take a while to be permanent and waiting for the next day gives them the time they need. Even if you can't do promos on everything you list, then try for five things to get into the habit. of doing it.
DoYouReadMe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, I know what you mean re: being superwoman, then having serious difficulties multi-tasking.

I remember the days of talking on the phone, while also talking to someone in the room, watching tv, and writing a grocery list all at once. Impossible today!

I will take into consideration your suggestion to start promoting again. I need to get back to pinterest and twitter, but it certainly is not at the top of my to do list. I watch my analytics with a bit of amusement...But don't worry too much about what goes on there, although sometimes it will open up some insight, especially with how we create our item titles. (Use all the space and all the key search terms). Sometimes I forget to fill that space, but go back and fix it, then notice the hit increases...

Gracias for your help...and sincere wishes for mire steady sales here on the moon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: