eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hi, I'm Brian from Parfumerie Pittsburgh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
parfumerie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject: Hi, I'm Brian from Parfumerie Pittsburgh Reply with quote

Hello everyone and Happy Holidays!

My new store is called Parfumerie Pittsburgh. Well, it's technically not new because I have been selling high-end fragrance samples online for about a year. But I decided to go out on my own and open my own website, so here I am!!!

My shop offers authentic, high-end fragrance samples from such brands as Creed, Chanel, and Tom Ford. The scents in my shop are 100% AUTHENTIC, exactly as you would buy in a store. Samples are very travel-friendly and are perfect for gifts, taking to the gym, or if you just want to smell good without spending a fortune.

So please come by and check out my shop at parfumerie.ecrater.com and let me know if you have any questions at all.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well technically, when you open a store on ecrater it's not the exact same thing as having your own website. It's the same as having a store on ebay or etsy or another marketplace, except you have to lead buyers to your store on your own or pay to have them lead to your store from an outside source by paying to have ads placed in google, yahoo and bing which new store owners don't get access to until they have their first few sales and have paid their first bill, or you can set up google attributes and get featured in google shopping which new store owners can do but those sales incur fees too.

You might want to read around the forum and go to ecrater.com and check out their FAQs, there's a big learning curve for those who have never used ecrater before. Having the store is free, but selling in most instances will incur fees unless you can successfully lead all of your buyers directly to your store URL by word of mouth, facebook, twitter, or pinterest. Good luck.
parfumerie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the advice greatly. Thank you!!!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.

I must say that as someone from near Erie, I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around the name of your store. Just don't think of Pittsburgh as a place to have a 'parfumerie'!

I also wanted to see if you have checked the PO regulations on shipping perfume in the mail.

Be prepared for some non-readers to get upset because they didn't get the bottles AND the samples. Amazing how some can read everything else to get to a listing to buy something and then completely bypass reading the description. I'm not joking. I sell sewing patterns and several times a year you run into folks that think they are getting a completely made up garment! Including one lady after seeing my choir robe PATTERN in my store for $11, that emailed me to send her swatches as she needed 40 choir robes. Yeah that will cover making a choir robe from scratch! Rolling Eyes
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I understand why he's showing the original bottles, so customers can identify the perfume by the bottle and not just the name. I wouldn't change the photos if that were me just to keep a few buyers from complaining, because you'd probably get more sales by showing the original bottles. What I'd do is just make sure the description says 'Original bottle is pictured ONLY so customers can easily identify the perfume sample they are purchasing. You will receive the small plastic sample spray bottle ONLY.'

That way everyone is happy and if a buyer files a complaint because they didn't read, you can show that description to paypal where it plainly says the original was not included and why you pictured it anyway, and I guarantee you will win any disputes. And yes there are extra regulations for mailing perfume but the seller says he has already been selling them for the last year or so, so I imagine he probably knows the regulations. He said his prior sales were online so he could have been selling on ebay and thought that ecrater was a website builder for a private stand alone website, and didn't realize it was another marketplace like ebay and etsy? Because he says he wanted his own website, so I imagine he thought ecrater was not a marketplace since they do advertise as a free online store builder, either that or he wanted a more affordable store option than ebay.
parfumerie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pittsburgh has come a long way, even if "Erie" is part of "Parfumerie"! Very Happy

Correct on all accounts...the bottles are pictured merely to show authenticity of the product. Proving authenticity is a HUGE part of this as fake fragrances can be a problem (especially with the Creed, which is why I also show batch numbers, which serve as a sort of serial number). Based on prior experience, I would say 1 of 100 buyers think the full-size bottle is included too, which is why I try to be as clear as possible in order to eliminate any doubt. All a buyer has to do is ask first and I will gladly answer!

And thank you for the clarification on the eCRATER process. I did indeed think I was building my own website, but that's OK as I am extremely grateful for new sales either way.
globaleparts

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing! (y)
Shaelily

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: