eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

change shipping fees

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ktshappystore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject: change shipping fees Reply with quote

i have a big order and i want to change my invoice to show a different shipping fee can any one tell me how to do that?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quick answer is you can not change the checkout (invoice) in eCRATER. I took a quick look at your store and it appears you are using PayPal Standard and accept paper payments. You can create an invoice for the customer in PayPal for the correct shipping. If the customer wants to pay via MO or CK, you just need to create an invoice in a word processing program with the correct shipping cost. Another possibility is to have the customer pay the amount in checkout and send them a refund.

For future orders, you may want to consider using the shipping matrix with artificial weights in each item so the system can calculate a combined reduced shipping. Each item would have a weight of 1 and your matrix would reflect the cost to ship 1 card, 2 cards, 4 cards, 6 cards, etc. up to 16+ column where you would add the extra cost to be added to the amount in the 16 column for all orders over 16.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note that if you change your invoice total you CAN NOT increase the shipping amount. That is not allowed on eCRATER.

Has the customer not paid yet or did they ask for combined shipping? I'm just a tad confused because until you are paid for an order here you don't have an order. If they have paid already, you can always give them a partial refund of the shipping. I would NEVER refund all their money and then send them a new invoice. You may completely lose the buyer at that point. I know some have tried it, but at this time of year, refunding an order just to make the invoice LESS (remember you can't make it MORE) means you have lost that order completely unless and until the pay for it again.
Shaelily

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moon, if the seller accepts paper payments then eCRATER will show an order. Then the seller is supposed to manually mark the order as paid when payment is received.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Has the customer not paid yet or did they ask for combined shipping? I'm just a tad confused because until you are paid for an order here you don't have an order.
Moon, I think you've forgotten how PayPal Standard works along with paper payments. If using those 3 methods, eCRATER generates an "order" and the customer either goes to PayPal and pays or they send a ck/mo. Don't you remember all the "I got an order but there's no money in my PayPal account" topics that have been posted here?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I remember, but unless they were expecting an invoice, most customers pay right then, at least mine did. I guess that was where I was having trouble. Is it an order that has already been paid for, or one that needs paid? What the OP has to do is determined by that factor and she didn't specify if it was already paid or what was actually going on other than wanting to change the shipping amount.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: