eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello from Indigo Moon Trading Company!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indigomoontradingco

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject: Hello from Indigo Moon Trading Company! Reply with quote

Just getting set up and bringing in products from Ebay. I know I don't have much in my store yet, but I would really appreciate any input. Thank you. I am happy to be here...and a bit scared, too, to be honest. Trying to read everything I can find to get better. Laughing
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER.

I have a suggestion before you get any further in listing. You seem to be leaving out some important info from your listings.

1. Baseball cap needs size. I think they are sized aren't they.
2. You dog plaque needs to have that word in the title.
3. Your Aladdin book needs the specifics like hard or soft cover, dust jacket, number of pages, publisher and date.
4. The lunch bag needs measurements. that it zips closed and has a handle.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice color and readable logo. !

Need paragraphs in your "about" page.

Maybe add some location in the contact page, country state, zip code at least.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indigo Moon, makes me think of Native American collectibles or new age supplies. Anyway, I noticed your logo on your store front says "anything but ordinary" you might wanna do some serious research on copyright and TM info because the marketplace bonanza.com, their slogan is "Everything but the ordinary".

You may have even been using that slogan for several years on ebay but a marketplace like bonanza may be able to afford to get that slogan trademarked to them, so they may already own the rights to it and could argue that your slogan is too similar to theirs. It's not the same as possible copyright infringement for a song, the courts don't go by first date published/or used when it comes to business related slogans, they go by whoever paid to own that slogan first. So if you had that slogan since 2000 and another company comes in and has that saying officially registered to their business in 2009, they won't give you seniority.

Not sure about bonanza because they are smaller and not very well known, like ecrater, but you never know they could have a small marketing and research team that goes around checking for stuff like that. Better to be safe than sorry, we never think that stuff like that could happen to us but it does all the time.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Condition:
This hat is in very good to excellent pre-owned condition with no stains, rips or tears.
[Material:Corduroy & Mesh!]

You goofed a bit on the attribute here, you can't have the word material capitalized and you forgot the leading exclamation mark. Whenever an attribute is incorrect it will show on the actual listing which is how I noticed it. I don't know if the ampersand is allowed either so would have used: corduroy, mesh. [!material:corduroy, mesh!] I think should work for you.

I agree with Maggie and what she pointed out. The Arabian Nights book from the photos barely looks like a book, more of a brochure, certainly not a book with 1001 stories. You need the cover and a page count at minimum or at least a guesstimate if the pages don't have numbers on them.

Get in good listing habits before you end up having a bunch of listings to fix -- it saves on ulcer medication Very Happy
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, don't use ampersand symbols (&) in your attributes, use commas instead with one space in between each word like:

dora the explorer, kids umbrella, travel gear

and yes several people recently mentioned that capital letters will cause problems in the attributes, although I swear one of the sellers here said if they used a caps letter that ecrater automatically changed it back to a lower case?

Anyway, that reminds me. I forgot that I have an attribute with an extra space where it shouldn't be and it's probably showing on my listing. Need to go fix that right now. I would've fixed it last night but I fell asleep on myself and forgot. Laughing
indigomoontradingco

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
Welcome to eCRATER.

I have a suggestion before you get any further in listing. You seem to be leaving out some important info from your listings....

Thank you very much I will get on that right away.
indigomoontradingco

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the suggestions I am going to look into all of them.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh one thing, I see you made a slew of categories, not bad or good, but, if you need to change and swap things around later, make sure you edit each listing for another category, THEN delete the ones you made empty or don't want.

You made a lot, and those type of things you might want to change later, you can make sub-categories also.
So if you click the wrong thing you will wipe out all the listings in that named category.

(Just a word of warning and save yourself mega trouble) just be aware of that, it's easy to do.
Shaelily

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER and best wishes for successful selling!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: