eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

buyer falsely accusing me for misrepresenting the item
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rednsx, I do not use stock photos, I take my own photos of video games and I only state what IS included because I am aware that some video games are made with multiple case designs for serious game collectors and I want my customers to see which version they are actually buying. If a used set is incomplete or missing an item, then I would charge a lower price and say, the original (whatever) that came with this set is not included, it is missing from the set. The buyer had a hard time understanding that popular games are made with a basic edition that has the game only, and for the serious game geeks they also make deluxe box set that includes the games and several collectible goodies.

So In my situation, My description mentioned and my photos showed that only a disc and a case were included because this was the basic edition of the game. The buyer however, was convinced that I sold him a deluxe edition that had missing items, even though the game was brand new and unopened and the case didn't say anything about including extras. My buyer said that since 3 other sellers on ecrater were selling a deluxe edition that included a comic book, poster and action figure he assumed that mine did too even though my listing said, this is the standard version of this game, it includes ONLY one game disc and a plastic game case.

So in that case, I was in the right and this guy harrassed me non-stop for weeks on end trying to get a partial refund for mising items, that weren't even supposed to be included at all. However, since you have provided us the listing I can see where the seller would be in the wrong. BayState clearly states above that he did NOT mention a comic book at all yet the title says it. So in this case the seller is liable and if that is really the actual listing then I have no idea why ecrater would have removed his negative feedback.

It would be one thing if the seller said, my camera is broken so I had to use a stock photo, this is what the case typically looks like but the case shown in the photos is NOT the actual item you will receive and the comic book is NOT included either but he did not say that and he did mention the comic book in the title. I would not even bother listing an item if I had to use a stock photo that does not clearly represent the item. Anyone can look at my feedback and see that I have a good reputation for being honest. We can't see the bottom of the description but I agree even if the seller said the comic is not included in e description, he still placed it in the title and I too, would've expected to receive the book based on the seller's listing.

Red, have you contacted ecrater? Ecrater usually doesn't just take the seller's word for it, in the past they have always carefully evaluated the disputed listings before making a decision on the feedback but in this case it looks like the staff just removed his negative so they could make him happy and move on to the next email in a timely manner.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
rednsx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaelily wrote:
By looking at a screenshot of the listing, I would have to fully agree with rednsx. Even though the photo in the listing is a stock photo, it does show the disc and comic book set, an actual (and better) photo of the set is here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-IV-A-New-Hope-NEW-DVD-RARE-Comic-Book-Limited-Edition-/390732904721.

Thanks for that link. I sent a similar link to the seller, baystatejem aka "jellys discs" but he still stubbornly insists there is no comic included in that package. It's still not clear to me what he thinks "comic book edition" refers to.

Shaelily wrote:
The seller should have used an actual photo of the item if it was not brand new and sealed. If the comic book was not included it should never have been mentioned in the title. That is purposely misleading.

This was my argument from the beginning. It's not as if I misread his ad. He listed a specific product for sale and shipped me something quite different. I believe most reasonable people in that situation would be justifiably upset.

tigercreekgifts wrote:
...since you have provided us the listing I can see where the seller would be in the wrong. BayState clearly states above that he did NOT mention a comic book at all yet the title says it. So in this case the seller is liable and if that is really the actual listing then I have no idea why ecrater would have removed his negative feedback.

Yes that's the listing. Last I checked, the OP still had it up:

http://www.ecrater.com/p/13024637/star-wars-iv-a-hope-widescreen

Sort of surprising actually, as I figured he might delete it or change the description by now.

tigercreekgifts wrote:
We can't see the bottom of the description but I agree even if the seller said the comic is not included in e description, he still placed it in the title and I too, would've expected to receive the book based on the seller's listing.

The description amounted to a single line of text as shown in my screen grab: "discs and packaging are all intact, immediate first class shipping domestic and international."

tigercreekgifts wrote:
Red, have you contacted ecrater? Ecrater usually doesn't just take the seller's word for it, in the past they have always carefully evaluated the disputed listings before making a decision on the feedback but in this case it looks like the staff just removed his negative so they could make him happy and move on to the next email in a timely manner.

I sent a message to support@ecrater.com asking why they removed my f/b but got no response. I'm not sure if this is the correct address to use, but thanks anyway, I appreciate your opinions.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You actually have to go to ecrater.com and click on the contact link, bottom right of main page and fill out a form. It usually takes them a few days to respond, sometimes 4-5 days if they are super busy (very small staff) but usually the email goes to contact@ecrater.com. But if you bypass the form and email them directly, they usually won't see your email unless someone told you to write them back at that address. I think the contact form allows your email to go to the appropriate inbox, based on your situation.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: buyer falsely accusing me for misrepresenting the item Reply with quote

baystatejem wrote:
a buyer claims that the DVD item he purchased is missing a comic book. the item does NOT include a comic book, my listing does NOT promise a comic book, and Amazon sells the same item with the same upc code and their sellers tell me there is no comic book included in this item. ...

If the seller feels they are right, then they didn't do their homework. Amazon does sell the DVD in the "Limited Edition" with just the 2 discs. Amazon also has a page for the Limited Comic Book Edition under ASIN: B000M4WIYK which tells me there is a strong possibility that the same UPC was used for both edition.

Since the seller used "limited comic book edition mint" in the title AND showed a photo of the limited Comic Book edition which included a special release Marvel comic the seller should have allowed a return and issued a full refund including return postage. The buyer would be well within their rights to do a chargeback with their credit card company. A chargeback is going to be more costly to the seller because of the chargeback fee, than a simple 100% refund plus return shipping. With a return and refund the seller would have had their inventory to attempt to re-sell correctly.

@rednsx, thanks for providing the additional information. I do hope you contact eCRATER with more information. Sorry the assumption was made that you opened a store just to post on the forum. We have had that happen more than once when a buyer was having a problem. Thanks for shopping on eCRATER and I hope you'll visit some of the other sellers. We have some really great sellers on eCRATER and the site is growing.

This problem highlights the IMPORTANCE of sellers using their own photos of the product they are selling.
rednsx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: buyer falsely accusing me for misrepresenting the item Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
@rednsx, thanks for providing the additional information. I do hope you contact eCRATER with more information. Sorry the assumption was made that you opened a store just to post on the forum.

Thank you for the input, and I will try to contact EC again. My intent was never to cause problems for this merchant - I only wanted my order to be made right.

I do think it's interesting that we haven't seen Mr. baystatejem in this thread since my arrival. I guess he didn't expect me to appear here and tell the other side of the story.

Quote:
This problem highlights the IMPORTANCE of sellers using their own photos of the product they are selling.

Agreed wholeheartedly. I've been selling online for a while (since before the web actually) and have always been a proponent of listing items accurately... the photo being the most crucial element.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: buyer falsely accusing me for misrepresenting the item Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:

rednsx wrote:
Agreed wholeheartedly. I've been selling online for a while (since before the web actually) and have always been a proponent of listing items accurately... the photo being the most crucial element.

Agree too! That's why I am so baffled when a buyer occasionally says my item was not as described because I go out of my way to ensure honest and accurate listings. If an item has a scratch I will mention, I don't care if it scares 50 buyers away, eventually when the right person buys it they will at least know, hey I'm buying a product with a small scratch and the seller showed me a photo of the scratch and pointed to it with arrows in the photos so I know what I'm getting and if I click on buy now, I agree to buy the item as is.

My picky listing methods are one of the reasons why I get good ratings and occasionally when that one problem buyer complains, it's because they didn't read the listing to see what I wrote. I've never had some complain not as described that was actually my fault, every time, I remind the buyer, did you read the listing because that info was there? And they never write back when they realize the listing was indeed accurate and they were just too lazy to read it.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree as well that it looked to all intents and purposes that there should have been a comic book so I'm not sure why the seller said they didn't mention one.

I had the same problems once. Saw a listing for several NEW embroidery kits on ebay. They had a lousy listing description but since they said NEW in the actual title, I figured they would be new. Not so. They came open, reeking of cigarette smoke and were partially done. When I contacted the seller to complain that they were not NEW she replied that she never had said they were new (nor did she describe the condition any other way than the new in the title)! We went round and round on that one. I never got my money back, but I did get to leave a negative. I've had people send me the wrong thing and than rather than say keep it, they tell me to donate it somewhere. So they make a goof and I'm supposed to go out of my way to get rid of something for them. While I go to the thrift store often, I always forget to take my donations and they pile up.

I don't know where sellers get off thinking that not providing good customer service in a situation like this is going to help their business grow.
rednsx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
I don't know where sellers get off thinking that not providing good customer service in a situation like this is going to help their business grow.

This.

He may be a new seller, in which case it takes time for some people to realize that their buyers are their most important asset, and keeping them happy is key to the success of any business.

It also doesn't help Ecrater when they take away the ability of potential buyers to see a seller's reputation by removing informative feedback, simply because the seller didn't like it, and requested removal.

As an interesting side-note, I see that my original negative f/b (which was removed) has been restored now as a "neutral".

http://www.ecrater.com/view-feedback.php?storeid=52250

Apparently it's Ecrater's sole discretion which determines not only *if* a feedback should exist, but what *type* of feedback it should be as well. The buyer appears to have very little say in the matter.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all feedback is informative. My only negative here was someone that without even writing to me posted that they hadn't gotten their purchase after 3 weeks. Sent my tracking number for the sale to eCRATER that showed it had arrived within 3 days of the order and they took down the negative. So leaving something like that up wouldn't be informative but it would be a downright lie. I will take my lumps if I deserve them, but not if I don't.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just reading the comments from both, the seller and the customer. With the interesting proof added and some search I did.

In my opinion, baystatejem, you need to improve your customers service and you must learn to accept mistakes. The 1rst thing is check your tittles and photos. Also you have another similar item. Again, check your stuff for errors in tittle and photos. For photos use your stock photos avoid the copy-paste. And be careful next time you appear in a forum to tell some part of the story when you know you are wrong.

http://www.baystatejem.ecrater.com/p/13024717/star-wars-v-empire-strikes-back?keywords=star+wars+%232+comic

For rednsx. My recommendation, if the seller doesn't want to accept his fault. Open a PayPal dispute and get your money back. Good luck.
rednsx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
In my opinion, baystatejem, you need to improve your customers service and you must learn to accept mistakes. The 1rst thing is check your tittles and photos. Also you have another similar item. Again, check your stuff for errors in tittle and photos. For photos use your stock photos avoid the copy-paste. And be careful next time you appear in a forum to tell some part of the story when you know you are wrong.

http://www.baystatejem.ecrater.com/p/13024717/star-wars-v-empire-strikes-back?keywords=star+wars+%232+comic

Thanks for the link. He's now advertising the "Return of the Jedi" comic book version of the package I bought. I wonder if this one is also a bare DVD and no box. Description is exactly the same.

Quote:
For rednsx. My recommendation, if the seller doesn't want to accept his fault. Open a PayPal dispute and get your money back. Good luck.

I actually paid through Stripe with my Visa card.
elpereles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you paid with a credit card. You can still resolve the issue.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can't be a new seller, he has 422 sales. And I saw some of his other listings where he is saying that extra books and special cases ARE included and his prices reflect those extras, so I could see why anyone would expect that dvd to include the comic book too.
SeRooted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to agree with aforementioned statements. I am also disputing a purchase as the seller claims that it is new and sent to me a refurbished Item. The invoice, stated purchase was for $50.00 and I was charged $133.XX

Unless the seller can post the item correctly or if there are several disputes about a vendor, and their misleading buyers, they have no place being able to sell items until they can correct their falsehoods.

I personally, if I ever get my issue resolved, will never buy again on this site, unless I start seeing better feedback and actions taken by the Seller/Vendor.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeRooted, you have already started another topic regarding the problem you are having with an eCrater seller. Your problem is NOT related to the vendor who opened this topic.

As I stated in the other topic, this is a seller to seller forum. You opened a store just so you could post in the forum. You need to contact the eCrater staff direct.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: