eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

complete noob question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CorneliussPick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject: complete noob question Reply with quote

when I log into ecrater it always takes me to admin...how do I access ecrater to shop other stores????
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must go to eCrater.com becuase the site doesn't have an index with the stores.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buyers don't have accounts on eCrater. If you want to shop on eCrater go to the home page as elpereles said and either use the search bar or check out the categories.

I keep the following links bookmarked:
http://www.ecrater.com/ -- home page
https://www.ecrater.com/login.php --- log in page as a seller for admin of my store
http://community.ecrater.com/ --- Community Forum
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also go to any store of any of us here on the forum by clicking on the www button down near the bottom of any post. Lots of great seller active on the forums. Very Happy

Last edited by SammysSupplies on Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See what I mean, the front page of ecrater doesn't make it easy to find the products and start shopping since there are no product photos on the main page. You know the site's main page is confusing when buyer's start opening accounts because they think they have to have an account to see the products that are for sale.

Unless you intend on selling here, you should delete your account as it uses bandwidth space un-necessarily. Buyers do not have accounts here on ecrater, the accounts are sellers only so even if a buyer creates an account you cannot access your orders history or feedback or any of that because the accounts are designed for store owners only.

Ecrater really needs to do something about that front page and put some pictures on it, we are getting too many buyers creating accounts lately just to ask questions about their order or ask general questions. And maybe add something to their FAQ section that states buyers do not need accounts to buy and signing up for an account as a buyer will not allow you access to order history and feedback because the accounts are designed for sellers only, so buyers will know that opening an account will not give them access to any buying features.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Tiger, the OP is a seller and has a very nice store. Your reply was just plain rude!

@CorneliussPick, You have a nice start on your store and I look forward to seeing more of your art. I love your white rabbit, I had forgotten his watch only had one hand. Your about me page was inspiring, thank you for sharing your story.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How was that rude? If you consider that rude then you are too easily offended. All I said was that if they don't sell then they should delete their account. When buyers open up stores just to ask a question it uses up bandwidth space for no reason and I tell that to every buyer that comes here asking questions. All they said was how do they access the shopping section, they didn't say anything about selling and you were replying to the OP as if they were a buyer with your previous post so excuse me for reading your reply and assuming the OP was a buyer based on what you wrote.

I don't have the urge to click on everyone's www button that posts here to see what they are up to, I'm just not interested in looking at everyone's store that signs up here unless they ask a question about their store so I didn't check to see that they had a store with items listed. I love how I can say something on here that I didn't even mean to be rude and get scolded for it and told that I was extremely rude.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigercreekgifts wrote:
How was that rude?
Because you went off on her like she was a buyer who only opened a store to shop on eCRATER. She started off saying, "When I log in it always takes me to admin." This sounded like a seller. A really quick check of the www button showed a lot of work, not just a lost buyer. Every other marketplace type site I've ever been to requires you to "sign in" to make a purchase. On the home page you have 2 buttons by the name, Sign Up or Log In. If you click Log In, you go to your admin. We probably need a third button that says Shop.

I did not spend a lot of time looking at her store the first time, just long enough to confirm she was a fellow seller rather than a lost buyer. After your rude reply, I did spend more time looking because she has the start of a nice store with limited edition fine art items.
school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See what I mean, the front page of ecrater doesn't make it easy to find the products and start shopping since there are no product photos on the main page. You know the site's main page is confusing when buyer's start opening accounts because they think they have to have an account to see the products that are for sale.

I agree with Tiger on the confusing EC front page stuff. I like Sheila's idea of creating a series of bookmarks but how many ecommerce sites do you have to do that? Just EC?

maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I much prefer the current eCRATER home page to the one with the stock photos of cameras, computers etc. It is clean and colorful and has a large search bar that says search products here. I'm not sure how much more obvious you could make it.

Tiger sometimes you are terribly rude and if you can't take the time to read a post you shouldn't respond to it.
CorneliussPick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Thanks everyone Reply with quote

Thanks Everyone even @Tiger lol I am a seller but I like to support small business as well. My shop is going slow getting used to the interface and posting each item one by one as I can. No import from Etsy unfortunately. So I have to do as much each day as I can. slow but steady. Thanks for the input and the help I will go check it out Laughing
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can practice by buying 20 things from my store. Razz Smile
CorneliussPick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-Better-Way wrote:
You can practice by buying 20 things from my store. Razz Smile
lol gerat response now I have to go look lol
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did read all the posts above mine, but I read Sheila's comment about buyers not having accounts and figured she already checked the OP's store and saw it was empty so I didn't see a need to check it too. I thought the OP was a buyer who created an account and logged in and wondered why they only saw an area with places to list items instead of a link back to marketplace to buy.

Sheila, your post was what threw me off, so don't blame me for assuming that you already checked and may have found an empty store or say that I didn't read the topic Maggie. Lots of buyers do come here because they don't know that buyers don't have accounts and they come here to ask questions and I am by far not the only seller who has mentioned buyers should not create an account just to ask questions, many other sellers do this and some of them are quite more blunt than I was, but I don't see you calling them rude.
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigercreekgifts wrote:
See what I mean, .......

Ecrater really needs to do something about that front page and put some pictures on it, we are getting too many buyers creating accounts lately just to ask questions about their order or ask general questions. And maybe add something to their FAQ section that states buyers do not need accounts to buy and signing up for an account as a buyer will not allow you access to order history and feedback because the accounts are designed for sellers only, so buyers will know that opening an account will not give them access to any buying features.

There is an entire FAQ for buyers in which the first bullet states:
http://www.ecrater.com/help.php?faq_gid=2
Before Ordering
Do I need to register an account to buy products on eCRATER?

There is no registration involved if you wish to buy products. You can place an order by adding items to your shopping cart and going through checkout for any seller.

There is also a section on:
After Ordering
How do I check my eCRATER order status?

You must contact the seller directly for your order status or any other questions about your order. We will send you a tracking information when the merchant adds such to your order.

em
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: