eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hi there new store here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
usamart

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject: Hi there new store here Reply with quote

usamart sales a little of everything we still have alot to upload but there is some uploaded. Usamart been selling for more then 5yr's in indianapolis indiana
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to ecrater. Your terms have a lot of lengthy legal jargon in them, if you would like any help to shorten them so your guests will actually read them all the way through or have questions about that let us know.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER.

You need to do something about your photos. They are stock photos supplied by your drop shipper and they do not enlarge so it is pretty hard to get much idea about your items.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, I see some major problems if you would like help.
usamart

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject: major problems Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Welcome, I see some major problems if you would like help.

what major problems you see
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right off the bat, your pictures are way to small and they won't zoom. The first item that I looked at was what appeared to be a red dress and then I looked again at the titles and the very bottom of the description and realized that it was a skirt. In the photo only about half the skirt is showing and nothing to show details whatsoever.

You start your listing titles in many cases with some kind of code. You use terminology that is unrecognizable. For instance what is 'free size'? Also without looking it up in a dictionary what does falbala mean? What does pendulum mean? What does excessive transverse stripe mean?

You start your description of a skirt with "Slim and super sexy; V-neck". Last I checked, skirts don't come with V-necks. You also have shoulder, chest and arm lengths measurements given, also not applicable to a skirt. So what are you really selling? A skirt, a dress, a skirt and dress? Do you understand anything about the description?

I ask these questions not to embarrass you, but the way it is written, I suspect you were just copying and pasting a catalog description of the item. I sell sewing Patterns and studying garments and terms for different parts of garments has been my life's work for years now. I have to describe the garments in the sewing patterns and I have never run into some of the words you are using and I had to look them up. Only the most knowledge readers, sewers, clothing shoppers will know what you mean. Such that this statement means nothing at all "hem with fine grain lines, well layered" . I know what hems are and grain lines and I know what layered should be, but I've never seen a hem described as having fine grain lines and what in this skirt/dress/two piece outfit/whatever it is, is layered?

You are also switching back and forth between metric and Imperial measurements. Most American woman I doubt measure themselves yet in metric and would want to see the inches and European women would look for the metric. So you should use both or at least inches since your major audience is US customers.

Also on your list of specs for this garment, you start out with the word General. Why and what does that mean? Then your own code apparently for the garment. You are wasting your most important internet 'real estate' that search engines see with words that in no way will help you sell this product.

This is just ONE listing that I looked at and I'm really not trying to nitpick. These are serious issues. I don't mind learning new words for things, but I suspect that you don't know them either and if you can't define a word then it shouldn't be in your description. Otherwise what will you do when someone writes and asks what it means?

I noticed these same issues in your other garment listings. Also as Maggie mentioned your Terms is a bunch of lawyer speak that you copied from somewhere and is not what you need. You need to say what you shipping times are, your refund policy, things that are unique to you and your store. Check other sellers Terms of service for ideas.
tmyusuf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum my good friend
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Welcome to the forum my good friend

If this person is indeed your good friend, you might want to remind him that it would be very beneficial to their store to take the advice I gave them back on November 15, 2015!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: