eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Maximum Quantity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THEFlagCompany

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Maximum Quantity Reply with quote

I have listed some items where I have a low quantity in stock.

I listed one with a max quantity on "1" and decided to try to purchase "2". When I went to check-out, it changed the quantity to "1" without any explaination. Has anyone had experience with this? Have you found it confusing for the buyer?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It changes the quanity to let them know that only one is available.

The important thing for you as a seller to remember is that even though you put a 1 in the max quanity it will allow a second oprder to be placed for another ONE item. It just won't allow anyone to buy more then you have in the max quanity box.

Think of that max quanity box as a limit - you limit how many one buyer can buy at a time.
THEFlagCompany

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BT

Thanks for your reply but you did not address my issue.

I did a test on my listing. I had put in the max quantity of "1". I then went as a buyer and attempted to purchase "2" of the same item. When I went to checkout (as a test to see how this works) the quantity was changed to "1" without an explaination. ie "this exceeds the sellers available inventory". The checkout does not tell the customer that the number requested was unavailable. It automatically changed the quantity to "1". It is confusing from the buyer point of view.

Any plans to change this? If not what does the max quantity do for the seller?
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ordered often from online stores and to me it's common sense that when the shopping cart won't let you order as many as you wish they don't have that many available.

Quote:
If not what does the max quantity do for the seller?

It stops the buyer from buying more then you have available at any giving time.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have ordered often from online stores and to me it's common sense that when the shopping cart won't let you order as many as you wish they don't have that many available.

Except that a customer may not notice it (especially if they're buying several different products) until checkout is complete -- or until they get their package in the mail.

I think the Max Quantity field was added as a quick fix at some point. I agree that it would be nice if it gave the buyer a message so they definitely know they're not getting the quantity they wanted.
THEFlagCompany

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet

Thank you, well said
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: