eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Another Tiger Store :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigercreekbeads

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Another Tiger Store :) Reply with quote

Just wanted to share with you my latest ecrater store.

I hated the idea of starting yet another store at first, because that's another store I'd have to promote and start from scratch and I might be sitting for several months before anyone leaves me that first feedback but then it occured to me, just use the Tiger name again but change the last word to beads that way my brand is still identifiable and I can still use the same social media accounts I already have.

There's no need to open new social accounts and build a fan base all over again if I use the Tiger Creek name in this store too. So I realized it wasn't any extra work and normally, stuff like beads is a niche market and needs to have its own store. Especially since my customers who buy beads and craft supplies, always buy more than one item at a time so I figured grouping those in a niche store would be easier for customers.

Only got like 20 items uploaded so far but I have several hundred jewelry making items to list. Not to mention, I bought some ecrater seller out a few months ago. Turns out this person's grandmother only lived like 20 mins. away from me and she had an ad in the paper for a huge lot of NIP beading supplies. She said she was giving up selling for good for personal reasons. Small world, but I now have enough craft supplies to justify opening a niche store for that.

And so there's no confusion, remember this:

Orange tiger avatar = Tiger Creek Beads
White tiger avatar = Tiger Creek Gifts

Sorry, I love me some kitty cats! Even the big over sized mean ones with stripes!

(Edited to correct some typos)

Last edited by tigercreekbeads on Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with the new store Tiger.
tigercreekbeads

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Maggie!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hummm, let's see Maggie The Cat, Sheila Dee and now Tiger Creek. I think it's a great idea to have multiple eCrater stores for different reasons that all fall under the same umbrella.

Good Luck with your new Tiger Creek jewelry supply store!
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sheila!

Besides, jewelry supplies aren't really considered a gift type item, sort of like sewing patterns. People usually just buy that stuff for themselves and I've been wanting to create a jewelry store for quite some time but I never had enough items to make it worth opening another store for until now.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think having separate stores for different kinds of merchandise attracts more shoppers to your stores who are interested in a specific kind of thing and so they are more likely to bookmark your store.

BUT

It is a lot more work to keep the stores updated. In my case I have 5 stores and use the shipping matrix in 4. The 5th is a mess. This means every time postage goes up I have to redo all the matrixes. When you add items to keep your store updated, you have to add an item to each store when you could accomplish the same updating if you could add only 1 item to 1 large store. Some months you have to pay 5 bills, you have to have 5 email addresses.

The alternative for me would be to have one huge store of around 5000 items and a list of categories that would look more like the index to the yellow pages.

I'm always waffling about which is best.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck on your newest store!!!
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammysSupplies wrote:
Good luck on your newest store!!!

Thanks!
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
I think having separate stores for different kinds of merchandise attracts more shoppers to your stores who are interested in a specific kind of thing and so they are more likely to bookmark your store.

BUT

It is a lot more work to keep the stores updated. In my case I have 5 stores and use the shipping matrix in 4. The 5th is a mess. This means every time postage goes up I have to redo all the matrixes. When you add items to keep your store updated, you have to add an item to each store when you could accomplish the same updating if you could add only 1 item to 1 large store. Some months you have to pay 5 bills, you have to have 5 email addresses.

The alternative for me would be to have one huge store of around 5000 items and a list of categories that would look more like the index to the yellow pages.

I'm always waffling about which is best.

Me too, Maggie!
But, how to adjust the matrix for EVERYTHING: wide variety of products and sizes, etc. I'm having difficulty with GS showing my matrix higher shipping prices as opposed to my option of USPS. Sheila explained that well, yet another problem here (no offense, eCRATER!) is not only adjusting the matrix for such a task, but it would help if we could make each listing according to what USPS shipping we wish to offer for that product.

IDK: good luck! I am working over my matrixes, and am trying to reunite all my things - I also have a LOT yet to list! When I find out how to do one big store (albeit, I got this far only by the help of Sheila, Moon & Maryann's generosity) i will then be happy to share with others.

Good Luck to you too, Tiger! I love the beads!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: