eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How can I delete outdated posts in this Forum?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
USAebikes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: How can I delete outdated posts in this Forum? Reply with quote

I have a post from 2013 for the ProdecoTech Storm electric bicycle or E-Bike.
the post pops up on the first page on Google when I search on "Prodeco" I need to delete that post because my supplier no longer makes that model so the link goes to an error page "No such product". I would like to delete all my old posts and update my ecrater community posts. How can I delete outdated posts as my products are changed?

View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know you can't. Only a moderator can.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't delete a post on the forum, however you can edit the post. If you have a link in Google that is going to the forum, click on it to see where it's going. Once you find the post that is linked, change the post to your advantage. You have front page coverage in Google, why would you want to throw that away?

You said you need to delete because your supplier no longer makes that model. If it were me, I'd change it to something like the ProdecoTech Storm is no longer manufactured, but they have the ProdecTech xxxxx that is an improved version that now does ....... and you can see the new version here with a link to that item in your eCrater store. I did take a look at your Promote Your store topic and see that you have a link that goes off site to what appears to be your own website and that is NOT allowed. You should change your link to an item in your eCrater store OR to the front page of your eCrater store.

Edited to add you should consider posting in one of the categories that are not searched by Google. This topic now contains the keywords and this one may find it's way to Google also.

If you want to post and not get picked up by search engines, Log In when you come to the forum. There are several forums that don't allow search engines to index. They are not seen unless you log in.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you can't delete. I have suggested before the ability to delete our own posts in the promote your store section because some people (like me) have page upon page of posts and it would be lengthy and counter-productive to go back thru all those posts and switch out the text and pics for something newer.

I have several dozen outdated promotional posts and it would take me a week of constant editing to switch those out for newer items, especially the photos because we can't just upload photos directly here we have to use a service like photo bucket and convert the photos into code which takes even more time. And by the time I get all of those older posts edited out, I will have probably already sold half of the new items on ebay so I'm just letting mine go. It looks messy and it drives me crazy though.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't keep up my promote pages much but when I do I always show the update in the first post spot. If the info there is obsolete I delete it but always add a post to the bottom of your topic with either the info you removed from the first spot or a notice to see the first spot for the latest offerings. That way your latest info is seen first and your topic gets seen as new and brought back to the top of the heap.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: