eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How do you streamline fulfillment process?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjhung88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: shipping easily Reply with quote

I have paypal standard but some buyers never pay. So I decided to set up stripe hoping that it would be easier for some people. However, I like paypal because it is integrated with stamps.com. I get a better rate on stamps.com than paypal, and now that I have set up the software, I can print out multiple shipping labels and packing slip in one clickk.

Unfortunately neither stripe or ecrater integrate with stamps.com so I am not sure if I want to manually copy and paste the info. I may have to go back to paypal only.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no reason to not use both PP and Stripe. I do. Nor do I use postage through PP. I use a postage service that I have been very happy with especially when compared to the glitches that I hear about concerning PP postage and the difficulties that people have at times with PP postage. I've used that service for 12 years now and I can use it no matter where I sold something and at one point when selling books I think I had 5 venues. I can see at a glance about any of the packages that I shipped out both this week and back all the way to December 2003 if I choose. And yes I do choose. At times I will notice and interesting (sorry school-yearbooks couldn't resist) name that looks familiar and I can go to endicia, do a sort of my buyers and can see if they have purchased from me before. It then means I can change the wording on my shipping notification to state thank you for shopping with us again. If I were buying postage from several different places, I wouldn't be able to do that. Doesn't sound like much, but I think repeat buyers like to be recognized or at least should be. Don't we all want repeat customers?

I you were set up with PP Express, you wouldn't be seeing the folks that never pay I believe so that is a benefit to that.

I've been copying and pasting for a long time now and it doesn't take much in the way of time, in my opinion and it means if their is an error in the address, I didn't do it.
jjhung88

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: stripe not good for shipping Reply with quote

So I finally got my first order using stripe. I also found a software that integrates with stripe and endicia (shiprobot). Unfortunately, the ecrater purchase info did not transfer to stripe well. The address was not formatted properly, and the item description also did not get into stripe. Therefore, I had to manually copy and paste. For me, that's a big no no. That's why I used stamps.com because it is literally two clicks (choose the preset weight and print) and it spits out the packing slip and shipping label.

I think until ecrater is able to send info properly to stripe, I have to go back to paypal only which as a shame. A lot of people hate paypal. ecrater is a great platform but I hope their team can do better on the api integration with stripe or even better with stamps.com to make it more feasible for people who want to grow larger.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that eCRATER has anything to do with how Stripe shows the actual payment. I use Stripe and PP along with endicia. I found to copy the address on PP I have to go to the classic site otherwise the buyer's name doesn't copy (unless they fixed that). Since I send shipping notifications, I click on reply to the email about the purchase and copy the buyer's name and address from that. For the amount of orders I process this works out for me and I'm in a habit that it goes fast and smoothly. I suppose if I was shipping 25+ orders daily I might want to figure out a 'better' way. So what you do, at least the way I look at it, is do what you have to in light of how many orders you get. If you get only 1-2 orders a day the copy paste isn't going to be much in the way of work especially since Stripe will give your customers another paying option.

I wasn't aware of any shipping integration that eCRATER has with those other companies that you mentioned. No that it might not be nice, but the fees here are low enough that I'm willing to put up with a few oddities instead of paying out the nose for a place like ebay. Oh wait, doesn't ebay only allow PP? At least eCRATER has two payment sources available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: