eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

What happened to my Google listings?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
USAebikes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: What happened to my Google listings? Reply with quote

This month I am getting very few views for my electric bikes. My listings are not showing up in Google shopping anymore. I have super discounts on two very nice bicycles; one folding and one fast mountain ebike. Can anyone tell me what has changed? Crying or Very sad

View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
PrimroseCafe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your eCRATER shop is on Google Shopping, but you have the same issue some of us have. We are bundled.

Newegg.com - Bike-Smiths Trusted Store No rating Free shipping, No tax $2,199.00
Shop
West Marine seller rating No tax $2,639.99 +$65.00 shipping
$2,704.99
Shop
Electro Pedal No rating Free shipping, No tax $2,399.00
Shop
eCrater - usaebikes No rating Free shipping, No tax $2,199.00
Shop
sportsdealbox.com No rating Free shipping $2,502.86
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also are you up to date on any Marketplace fees that you might owe? If not you won't get the visibility on GS like you might have before.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A search in GS for USAebikes shows eCrater - usaebikes as one of the seller choices. Clicking on your store presented 13 choices. Only one of the choices was shown as you being the only seller. All of the other 12 choices were shown as 2 to 10 stores grouped together.
USAebikes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject: Thanks for the information! Reply with quote

I did by my fees from the last sale. Thanks for helping me!
LTC1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject: Having the same kind of problem Reply with quote

I was curious as to how do you pay your marketplace costs?
LTC1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: LOL Reply with quote

I mean It says I literally owe 40 cents
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is no button to pay with, you haven't reach the amount that makes you pay. I don't remember the actual number, but I had to pay at 74 cents.
LTC1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://ltc1.ecrater.com/p/24441321/3572463c1-bendix-ec-30-computer

why won't this item show up? any ideas?
creativewench

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so confused. If I go to google shopping and search creative wench I get a bunch of my listings (though not all), if i try searching "yarn bear" i don't get mine at all, but I have it listed as material-yarn pattern-bear
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creative - It would probably be better to start your own topic than add into a different and older one like this topic.

I don't know if you are talking about your listings in your google attributes or your titles in your store and what you get when you search the search engines.

My first thought is if you use "material-yarn" and "pattern-bear" in your titles or description or even your attributes, the search engines would be seeing that as one word because of the hyphen. Especially when you then go and search for "yarn bear". But as I said I'm kind of unclear as to what you are looking at.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went to your store and did a search for yarn bear and got no results. You must have those two words in the title to be found in your store and in the marketplace for a search for yarn bear. Google Shopping and Google organic are going to return results based on the items title first, then they "MIGHT" look at other words on the page. I think the attributes "material" and "pattern" are only used for items in the clothing & accessories category. So, if your item isn't listed with a product ID from a clothing / accessories, then GS isn't going to look at the attributes of material and pattern.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noted this at the bottom of your description:

Quote:
baby blanket, baby boy, crochet baby blanket, baby blanket crochet, crochet blanket, crochet afghan, crochet afghan blanket

Sheila or one of the others here, might want to comment about key word stuffing, which I think this is. The search engines aren't as stupid as they used to be when people could do this and get all sorts of traffic. Now the bots are 'smarter' and don't like seeing all these keywords as a list at the end of a page. Unfortunately there is still an awful lot of advice out on the web about getting search engine attention that was written pre-change of the google algorithms. All but the word boy and afghan are included in your short description and they could easily be added. I would spend more time writing fuller descriptions and less time making up key word lists. In this case I am also wondering in the blue baby blanket listing is the length correct at 85.5 inches? That is over 7 feet long which is really long for a baby blanket. I make Project Linus quilts and try to stay at around 48" long or at the most 60". Obviously that is your choice but I just wanted to check in case you had made a typo.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

creativewench wrote:
If I go to google shopping and search creative wench I get a bunch of my listings (though not all), if i try searching "yarn bear" i don't get mine at all, but I have it listed as material-yarn pattern-bear

GS does not index your description, it only indexes via your product title.

Google organic may index your description, but be prepared to get lost in millions of other similar pages.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: