eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How do I print an invoice?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
catesgeneralstore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject: How do I print an invoice? Reply with quote

Hello-

I just started on ecrater a few weeks ago, and made my first sale this morning, Yeah! Is there anyway to print an invoice? Also, when I added shipping options, and the buyer made the purchase it came up as priority mail large flat rate box, but the item won't fit in one of the large flat rate boxes, its a puzzle and it's shape won't allow it to fit it one, so I am going to ship it a different way and want to know how to send the buyer a partial refund, because it won't cost as much. They paid through stripe and I am not sure how to give a partial refund If anyone has any good answers, please let me know. Thank you

Cathy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no option to print an invoice in your ecrater admin but what some of us do is pull up the email ecrater sends you when someone makes a purchase & you can pull up the list showing what they ordered, the quantity, the prices etc. You can print that screen & tell your printer not to print the colors or logos so you don't waste color ink.
catesgeneralstore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMysteriousRose:

Thank you for the information, I did not even think about that. I already shipped it off, sent the buyer an message stating that I did not send a packing slip with the item, because this was my first sale and I didn't know how to go about printing out one. Selling on ebay, its so easy, everything is right there for you. I will use this information for the next sale. Thanks again

Cathy
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the PP page of their order, you can print it as an invoice
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: How do I print an invoice? Reply with quote

Congratulations on your first sale!

Regarding an invoice and/or packing slip, some sellers create a template in Word that they use as a Packing sheet/invoice/marketing tool. Just copy the template to a new page for each sale, then use cut/paste to add the information from the eCrater sale notice. You can then have a file of all invoices/packing slips per month or year for your accounting records. This can be emailed to the customer to let them know the package has been shipped, estimated delivery time, tracking number, link back to your store, link back to the item they bought, and any other information you want to give the customer. I think the notice from eCrater gives a link back to the item, but the link goes to the marketplace. (I'm not postive, but I think so.) I like to give them a link the the item in my store so maybe they will bookmark it or maybe start browsing and find another treasure to buy. Very Happy

Quote:
...the buyer made the purchase it came up as priority mail large flat rate box, but the item won't fit in one of the large flat rate boxes...

The buyer will usually take the least expensive option given. As a seller, it's better to not offer all the options, just the ones that will work for all your items. If the customer picked Priority Mail, then you can use any Priority Mail option that will work. Just remember, your shipping options with calculated shipping apply to every item in your store. You can offer First Class and Priority Mail without a problem because the system will only offer First Class Parcel when the weight is under 13 oz.

Quote:
...want to know how to send the buyer a partial refund, because it won't cost as much. They paid through stripe and I am not sure how to give a partial refund ...
Since you've sold on eBay, you already know all the cost involved with shipping. If you want to give a refund via Stripe, log into your Stripe account which normally opens to your dashboard. In the left navigation column, click on payments. Find the payment that needs a refund and click on the refund button. You can refund any amount up to full amount. If you have configured your Stripe account to send emails, Stripe will send an email regarding the refund. You need to be aware that it can take 5 to 10 days for the amount to show in the customer's account (just like any other credit card refund with any other service.) You might want to send a personal email to the customer to let them know about the refund and the reason. Another chance to give them a link back to your store.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the sale. I have in MS Word a template for my packing slip and one for my shipping notification that for the shipping notification, I insert the buyers name, the DC#, whether the item is shipping now or on Monday (for instance you are packaging something late Saturday or on a holiday). For my packing slip I have a template that I copy the ecrater order info up to the PP/Stripe payment info as the rest isn't needed, and attach it to the template that gives them more info about us, and since in case there is an accident with the package the buyer's address and our email is included on the packing slip inside the package. Technically there is no need for an invoice since they are invoiced more or less through ecrater with immediate payment suggested, which most customers do. Those that don't pay right away may not pay at all.

Not sure how much you got that was too much for your shipping, but you want to be sure it is worth it. If only a dollar or two or three, I wouldn't even think about it. They agreed to the price of the item and the price of the shipping. But you can do whatever you want as I know some sellers only charge the exact, down to the penny cost of actual postage and apparently eat the rest of the shipping costs.

Yep, ebay has lots of everything for you to use and you pay through the nose for it all. So much nicer and easier on the nerves and ulcers here, where ecrater lets us run our business how we like and we can actually communicate with our buyers without getting a defect or a slap on the hand or whatever the current punishment is! Hope sales stay good for you and soon everything is smooth sailing in the shipping department Very Happy
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmnnnn.... didn't read anything in crater terms/help section, but does anyone know if it's cool to send customer a Pay Pal generated invoice rather than use crater checkout? There may be a custom order down the road, or simply combining shipping instead of refunding overages. TY.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see anything wrong with that. Sometimes creating a PP invoice is just the best option.
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Sammy.

in the end, we have to pay our eCRATER bill separately, anyway. I just thought I'd check.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of weeks ago PP was rather glitch and two international orders of mine came through unpaid. I sent them PP invoices for the amount with a note saying I had seen that they had attempted to purchase something and in case they had been having problems with PP the invoice might be the ticket to them. Both paid and I saved two orders. I have found that just sending the invoice and a note why gets a better response than just emailing them and asking them if they want an invoice. With PP express, this doesn't happen nearly as often as it used to, but nice to keep in the back of your head. Of course, some non-payers like on other venues, you never hear back from or some will just tell you to cancel the order. But their is no problem with sending an invoice when needed. If an original order came in via the MP, when you mark it paid, eCRATER will still get their fee, but if you are making a custom order up from someone, that would be a direct purchase anyhow.
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great advise, Moon!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adreinnezat - Were you here in the days before PP express? It wasn't unusual for busy sellers to get a couple of unpaid orders a week. Newbies would come along and get their first unpaid order then kick and scream wanting an unpaid buyer list to block them and wanting to tell everyone how horrible these people were. I always found that a gentle note saved about 1/4 of the sales, another 1/4 asked to cancel and I never heard back from the other 50%. But in any case, all those buyers when I sent them the note, I also invited them back to shop with us. That would be like a person going in a store picking up a toaster carrying it around and then decide to not buy it. Do you really want to tell them they can't shop with you again? On ebay the Blocked Buyer List and the NPB thing was the only way to get some of the fees back that ebay immediately charged and grabbed. If you didn't go through the rigmarole you would lose money. Some would say it wasn't worth the hassle but for small sellers that money could add up. But here with no fee unless something is paid for there is no big deal about it and you aren't out a thing.
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops

Last edited by adrienneszat on Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was still on PeeBay just before PP Express kicked in.
Once again, communication made & saved your sales. You rock, Moon. Cool
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why thank you. We are all in this world together and we need to help each other out.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: